[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Brown Fumble or lateral

theeohiostate

CBS is showing Reggie Browns lateral to Buckhalter as a fumble.

I was watching the game and it was obvious that McNabb threw the ball to Brown, he lateralled it to Buck who in turn ran it in for the score.

Shouldn't this be a continuation of the pass play and count as a TD pass?

CBS is showing Reggie Browns lateral to Buckhalter as a fumble.

I was watching the game and it was obvious that McNabb threw the ball to Brown, he lateralled it to Buck who in turn ran it in for the score.

Shouldn't this be a continuation of the pass play and count as a TD pass?

Obvious?

No way, I rewound it three times and that ball was coming out of his hands because he lost it not because he was going to lateral it.

I don't know, I was watching it but the TV was muted so I didn't have the anouncers take on it. I would say it was far from OBVIOUS, and I would have to further say that I think it was a fumble. I don't think Brown would have tried to knowingly lateral at that point ... Reid would have his rearend if it didn't work out...

I vote for fumble. I don't have any of the involved players for or against me this week either.

It was a fumble as he lost control of the ball even if he may have seem to bat it towards Buckhalter. And it is a fumble recovery and return TD for Buckhalter, not a catch or a run.

it was clearly NOT a lateral, and even if it was mcnabb would not get the TD. (edit: would he? :D)

my question is, did reggie brown ever have full possession? i'm not sure he did. if he didn't, it's a mcnabb TD pass to buckhalter...

anyone have this on TIVO or something that they could slow it down and take a look?

Edited by Azazello1313

Must be playing against a McNabb owner :D

YES, it was very obvious. Even the announcers called it a lateral.

That was a fumble. The ball popped out and he slapped at it a couple of times and then it bounced to Buckhalter. Are you returded?

No announcer called it a lateral.

it was clearly NOT a lateral, and even if it was mcnabb would not get the TD. (edit: would he? :D)

my question is, did reggie brown ever have full possession? i'm not sure he did. if he didn't, it's a mcnabb TD pass to buckhalter...

anyone have this on TIVO or something that they could slow it down and take a look?

I looked at it a few times and it looked like he barely had possession.

I looked at it a few times and it looked like he barely had possession.

I have been reviewing it too, it appears he never had possession of the ball. He never had his feet down and made a football move, then it was tipped to Buck. I think the NFL rules it as a tipped ball, passing TD for McNabb.

Have seen it numerous times here in Philly on replays, and it certainly looks like Brown never had it long enough and never made a "football move". If the ball would have hit the ground, (rather than popping up directly to Buck), it would have been challenged and called an incomplete pass.

JMO, but I have a feeling this will be one of the plays that is adjusted by the NFL....expect McNabb to be credited with an additional TD pass and yardage, and Reggie Brown's fumble taken away.

Have seen it numerous times here in Philly on replays, and it certainly looks like Brown never had it long enough and never made a "football move". If the ball would have hit the ground, (rather than popping up directly to Buck), it would have been challenged and called an incomplete pass.

JMO, but I have a feeling this will be one of the plays that is adjusted by the NFL....expect McNabb to be credited with an additional TD pass and yardage, and Reggie Brown's fumble taken away.

I agree, looks more like a tipped pass, then a fumble or lateral. If you don't have control of the ball, you can't be credited with a fumble.

So, if the NFL is to change the play (I think somebody said Tue.)

where would I find that info?

this could change a W to a L for me. :D

I believe most hosting sites will post the change on the front page. Some hosting sites gives the commish the choice of entering/correcting it or not. That's why your rules should state that your scoring will reflect that of the official NFL game stats, it avoids commishes choosing to enforce it or not

YES, it was very obvious. Even the announcers called it a lateral.

I have been reviewing it too, it appears he never had possession of the ball. He never had his feet down and made a football move, then it was tipped to Buck. I think the NFL rules it as a tipped ball, passing TD for McNabb.

I agree, looks more like a tipped pass, then a fumble or lateral.

:D

It was a fumble as he lost control of the ball even if he may have seem to bat it towards Buckhalter. And it is a fumble recovery and return TD for Buckhalter, not a catch or a run.

Good info here. As commissioner of my local TD only league, we had a controversy a few years back with the Moss play. The difference between that play and this one was that the Moss play was clearly a lateral.

The Brown play was considered a fumble. So after the ball is fumbled, the play is over for the QB, therefore no TD, even though the ball never hit the ground. Had a defensive player gotten hold of the ball and returned it the other way for a TD, it would be considered a fumble recovery, not an int. I don't think the NFL will change the scoring on the play. If they change it to a tipped pass, then McNabb should get the credit.

If it remains a fumble, then no TD. Regardless, I sense another controversy in my local. :D

Good info here. As commissioner of my local TD only league, we had a controversy a few years back with the Moss play. .....

If it remains a fumble, then no TD. Regardless, I sense another controversy in my local. :D

And you didn't add rules for this type of thing after it happened once? We did, it's simple, whatever NFL rules it as of Thursday stands.

I would highly recommend a rule change for your league next year.

As a McNabb owner I'd love to see it change, but who am I to decide how it is ruled on the stat sheet, I didn't see it yet but have my fingers crossed even though it won't matter this week. But overall points pays $$$

Good info here. As commissioner of my local TD only league, we had a controversy a few years back with the Moss play. The difference between that play and this one was that the Moss play was clearly a lateral.

The Brown play was considered a fumble. So after the ball is fumbled, the play is over for the QB, therefore no TD, even though the ball never hit the ground. Had a defensive player gotten hold of the ball and returned it the other way for a TD, it would be considered a fumble recovery, not an int. I don't think the NFL will change the scoring on the play. If they change it to a tipped pass, then McNabb should get the credit.

Does the fumble count for the Eagles D? You have to give the TD to someone right?

Does the fumble count for the Eagles D? You have to give the TD to someone right?

As it stands now, the TD goes to Buckhalter as a fumble return.

Us McNabb owners would like to see it changed. My DVR told me several times that Brown did not have posession and my total score should get a 8 or 9 point bump :D