[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is BACK!

alexgaddis

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like atlanta was up 17-7 in that game when vick left, and ended up losing 26-28. just wanted to point that out :D

:D

Look at the play-by-play ... before Schaub got in the game, the score was 17-14 because the 7 points SEA scored came right after ATL went up 17-7 on a DeAngelo Hall INT for a TD. Then Schaub entered the game.

Also, led the Falcons on a 17 play 69 yard scoring drive which lasted 4:23 to end the game. Warrick Dunn tried for the 2pt conversion which would have tied the game and did not make it in the endzone.

I'd say Schaub didn't do too badly that game, all things considered.

Edited by junebugz

Look at the play-by-play ... before Schaub got in the game, the score was 17-14 because the 7 points SEA scored came right after ATL went up 17-7 on a DeAngelo Hall INT for a TD. Then Schaub entered the game.

well, no use splitting hairs, i'll go ahead and agree with you. either way, vick left with the lead, and schaub came in with the lead and lost.

Also, led the Falcons on a 17 play 69 yard scoring drive which lasted 4:23 to end the game. Warrick Dunn tried for the 2pt conversion which would have tied the game and did not make it in the endzone.

I'd say Schaub didn't do too badly that game, all things considered.

Schaub is spotted 3 points, yet loses the game, but he didn't do too badly.

Vick with no points spotted, loses a game & he sucks.

Double standard here or what? :D

Regardless, the Falcons will get a 1st rounder for Schaub next year with the tender McKay's going to put on him.

Edited by Big Score 1

Basketball is a team sport as well. One person can arguably have a greater impact than in football, but you can't win with just one superstar (as the current Lakers squad clearly shows).

That is because Kobe Bryant is not good enough to carry a team by himself. that does not fit here. now the guy who really won those games for the Lakers (Shaq) could make a team a 500 club all by himself..of course you would have to set 4 other NBA players out there with him. but he would make them all look better than they are and could carry a team to a over 500 record all by himself.

Other players who could do this playing right now = Tim Duncan,Dirk Nowitzki, Shaun Marion,Elton Brand, Lebron James.

There is also a number of others that are close..Garnett,Big Ben,Jason Kidd,Paul Gasol to name a few.

Kobe is evidence of a player like Vick who is overpaid and does not help the team as much as his stats make it look and that is about it. there is a reason the Lakers have a better winning percentage in games kobe misses than in games he plays.

In football Vick is 1 guy out of 22. the losses are never his blame alone and the wins are also never his blame alone. Atlanta used to be able to overcome the lack of a good offense with a good defense..now they cannot do that thus their record.

I'm still hung on the "potential that the guy has." Eli is very overrated and I honestly don't like the kid. Vick has been plagued throughout his developement as a QB by his protection. Of those 70% "ad lib" runs I have to think that Vick continually is looking over his shoulder and worried about get killed, not good. :D

This was a bad thing for you to write here in trying to sell Vick and dog Eli.

Eli has had and still has a much, MUCH worse pass blocking line than Vick. and no time during Eli's short career has he had near as good a pass blocking line as Vick.

Search elsewhere my good friend..search elsewhere.

This was a bad thing for you to write here in trying to sell Vick and dog Eli.

Eli has had and still has a much, MUCH worse pass blocking line than Vick. and no time during Eli's short career has he had near as good a pass blocking line as Vick.

Search elsewhere my good friend..search elsewhere.

I think you overestimate the effectiveness of Atlanta's line as a pass blocking unit, especially for this year, with O'line starters Forney being injured & Lehr being suspended. Pretty much a hodge podge unit right now.

Oh! And I'd take Eli's WR crew that he's been working with the majority of his career of Toomer, Plexiglass & Shockey over Jenkins, White & Crump any day of the week & twice on Sunday.

It's also nice to have a back like Tiki behind you too. Not saying Dunn is bad, but he's no Tiki.

I've been saying all along that he wasn't as bad as people like to make him out to be.

But when you've got the die hard Alzheimer afflicted Vick Haters posting ignorant crap...... :D

See, there you go again with the insults. Someone doesn't agree with you and they suddenly have Alzheimers. Most would say YOU are the one with Alzheimers because you can only remember the TWO career games he had in weeks 7 and 8 but not all the other games (pretty much all games that weren't week 7 and 8 of this year) that he SUCKED bones in or was average at best.

With that said, I certainly don't think he WORST QB ever, but certainly the most overpaid and overhyped for what he does. His talent is NOT at the QB position.

See, there you go again with the insults. Someone doesn't agree with you and they suddenly have Alzheimers. Most would say YOU are the one with Alzheimers because you can only remember the TWO career games he had in weeks 7 and 8 but not all the other games (pretty much all games that weren't week 7 and 8 of this year) that he SUCKED bones in or was average at best.

With that said, I certainly don't think he WORST QB ever, but certainly the most overpaid and overhyped for what he does. His talent is NOT at the QB position.

:clap::D:bash::D

Kobe is evidence of a player like Vick who is overpaid and does not help the team as much as his stats make it look and that is about it. there is a reason the Lakers have a better winning percentage in games kobe misses than in games he plays.
:D I'm not sure this really proved your point here, Doc.

The Falcons winning percentage goes DOWN whenever Vick is out.

In football Vick is 1 guy out of 22. the losses are never his blame alone and the wins are also never his blame alone.
Agreed on when they win, Vick is only 1 of 22 & when they lose, Vick is also only 1 of 22.

Atlanta used to be able to overcome the lack of a good offense with a good defense..now they cannot do that thus their record.

:D In 2004 when the Falcons went to the NFC Championship, they did so with the NFL's 14th ranked D.

Most would say YOU are the one with Alzheimers because you can only remember the TWO career games he had in weeks 7 and 8 but not all the other games (pretty much all games that weren't week 7 and 8 of this year) that he SUCKED bones in or was average at best.

This year? Wow go back and review his games and see it wasn't this season that this all started. It's really easy to do. Let me break it down for you by going back just one year to 2005.

November Passing Rushing Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec

11/06 @MIA W 17-10 Yes 31 22 71.0 228 1 0 102.6 3 8 8 38 4.8 18 0 0 0

11/13 GB L 25-33 Yes 30 20 66.7 209 2 0 108.9 3 17 7 20 2.9 7 1 3 0

11/20 TB L 27-30 Yes 38 21 55.3 306 2 0 99.2 2 12 4 17 4.3 13 0 1 0

11/24 @DET W 27-7 Yes 22 12 54.5 146 2 1 86.6 0 0 6 57 9.5 19 0 0 0

Mia = 102 QB Rating, 228 yards, 1 TD

GB = 108.9 QB Rating, 208 yards, 2 TD

TB = 99.2 QB Rating, 306 yards, 2 TD

Det = 86.6 QB Rating, 146 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

I left out rushing since a QB isn't supposed to do that because if he does, then he sucks at his position. Kind of like when a RB throws a TD or a WR runs for a TD. Stats only get you so far, look at Peyton Manning for example. But hey, when Peyton runs 30 yards and dodges 5 tackles in overtime to get a TD to win, let me know.

Edited by WaterMan

This year? Wow go back and review his games and see it wasn't this season that this all started. It's really easy to do. Let me break it down for you by going back just one year to 2005.

November Passing Rushing Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec

11/06 @MIA W 17-10 Yes 31 22 71.0 228 1 0 102.6 3 8 8 38 4.8 18 0 0 0

11/13 GB L 25-33 Yes 30 20 66.7 209 2 0 108.9 3 17 7 20 2.9 7 1 3 0

11/20 TB L 27-30 Yes 38 21 55.3 306 2 0 99.2 2 12 4 17 4.3 13 0 1 0

11/24 @DET W 27-7 Yes 22 12 54.5 146 2 1 86.6 0 0 6 57 9.5 19 0 0 0

Mia = 102 QB Rating, 228 yards, 1 TD

GB = 108.9 QB Rating, 208 yards, 2 TD

TB = 99.2 QB Rating, 306 yards, 2 TD

Det = 86.6 QB Rating, 146 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

I left out rushing since a QB isn't supposed to do that because if he does, then he sucks at his position. Kind of like when a RB throws a TD or a WR runs for a TD. Stats only get you so far, look at Peyton Manning for example. But hey, when Peyton runs 30 yards and dodges 5 tackles in overtime to get a TD to win, let me know.

Okay, I guess that makes 6 games out of his 6 YEAR CAREER that he posted some halfway decent numbers. It doesn't really matter what stats you post because any way you look at it it doesn't cut it with Vick. You can point to a handful of games he played decent in but the majority of games he has been average at best. You just are putting makeup on a pig. No matter how you try to make it look nice it's still a pig.

Edited by tosberg34

:D I'm not sure this really proved your point here, Doc.

The Falcons winning percentage goes DOWN whenever Vick is out.

Agreed on when they win, Vick is only 1 of 22 & when they lose, Vick is also only 1 of 22.

:D In 2004 when the Falcons went to the NFC Championship, they did so with the NFL's 14th ranked D.

You really have nothing important to say. Most of it is conjecture and based on emotion (read: no facts). Go back to worshiping at the altar of Michael Vick.

Okay, I guess that makes 6 games out of his 6 YEAR CAREER that he posted some halfway decent numbers. It doesn't really matter what stats you post because any way you look at it it doesn't cut it with Vick. You can point to a handful of games he played decent in but the majority of games he has been average at best. You just are putting makeup on a pig. No matter how you try to make it look nice it's still a pig.

:clap::D:bash::D