[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pat Tillman

PackerFanX

Pat tillman's name and number is now forever on the 50 yard line in the Cardinals Ring of Honor. The Cardinals had a nice ceremony at halftime but of course they found a way to screw it up. The audio portion of the tribute was so terrible that you couldn't hear what his teamates and coaches were saying about him. His wife did make a taped statement that "Pat is not being inducted for dieing but for the way he lived his life".

:D:D:bash::clap::tup:

Sorry Big John up front. I know this isn't football, but I can't let these blue people perpetrate yet again.

First, I believe Pat is a true hero. However, there are many others who are much more deserving of the adoration. I don't care to go into all of the details here, but your net worth is irrelevant in terms of bravery and your actual contribution to the country.

I would simply say that he was doing his job. It is quite disheartening to learn that he was killed by his own division in crossfire, but it was combat.

I truly believe that he would be strongly against all of those who appear to want to memorialize him.

Let the replies fall where they may.

If you have not served your country then keep your mouth shut.

Of course anyone who has served and faced the possibility of dying for thier country deserves a salute.

I am not a Tillman flag waiver, but I don't think that the statement "I would simply say that he was doing his job" is apt in this case. Doing his job was playing football for the Cardinals. Tillman gave up that lucrative job in the limelight to go and fight for his country. Not drafted, volunteered. He gave up what many can only dream about, a career in the NFL to go and fight for his country because he didn't feel he was any better than the next man. He and people like him, Ted Williams for example, fought alongside other Americans who were not as wealthy and famous. Certainly not because they had to. Only because they felt compelled to. In a case such as Pat Tillman's, giving up wealth, fame and security to go and fight will always garner this kind of attention.

The Cardinals also created the Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza outside of the new stadium with a bronze statue of Tillman.

Link

Not to come off as unpatriotic, but a Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza and a freaking statue? I have a ton of respect for people like Tillman, but this is ridiculous. How long did it take Martin Luther King to get his plaza and statue in D.C.? Tillman's inclusion in the Ring of Honor would've been enough.

Bidwell is just milking Tillman's memory to sell tickets, which is disgusting.

Edited by Bill Swerski

What does not serving have to do with anything? Do you think that those who have not served don't recognize the point you're trying to make? Sorry TS but I am not one to keep my mouth shut.

There are those who have not served -- myself included -- who have more love of country, respect for freedom and adoration of those who do/have served us than do some of those in the armed forces.

The man is a hero. He gave up a life that millions would die for and wound up dying for something that none would ever dare to consider -- his beliefs. That is heroic. Not knowing the man, I cannot say for sure whether he'd want to be remembered or called a hero. My guess is that he would not. He'd simply shrug it off and say he did what he had to do because he felt it was right. He'd be a hero even if he didn't die, if he served his tour and come home.

Edited by The Wolf

Sorry Big John up front. I know this isn't football, but I can't let these blue people perpetrate yet again.

First, I believe Pat is a true hero. However, there are many others who are much more deserving of the adoration. I don't care to go into all of the details here, but your net worth is irrelevant in terms of bravery and your actual contribution to the country.

I would simply say that he was doing his job. It is quite disheartening to learn that he was killed by his own division in crossfire, but it was combat.

I truly believe that he would be strongly against all of those who appear to want to memorialize him.

Let the replies fall where they may.

It's a Tribute to Pat Tillman thread.... :D..... not a show up and run your mouth azzhole....i could care less about your thoughts....... :D