[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first SEC Game

PackerFanX

I went with some friends from Alabama to New Orleans and then to LSU this weekend for my first SEC experience. I'm not quite sure the tailgating was up to par with some Big 10 games I've been to but all of the LSU fans I was around in the RV park were very friendly. I tried some gator, pig, duck, rabitt and crawfish. Definitely an experience to remember.

I went with some friends from Alabama to New Orleans and then to LSU this weekend for my first SEC experience. I'm not quite sure the tailgating was up to par with some Big 10 games I've been to but all of the LSU fans I was around in the RV park were very friendly. I tried some gator, pig, duck, rabitt and crawfish. Definitely an experience to remember.

Wow, that is hard to understand. I was at that game and have been to many stadiums for tailgating and I believe the experience at LSU is as good as it gets. You must have not seen the full effect. The tailgating at LSU covers about a 3 mile by 3 mile area. I visited six tailgate parties on Saturday and probably covered more than 3-4 miles in doing so. There were numerous live bands, one party that actually had a coffin iced down, every type of food imaginable as you mentioned, etc... The number of motor homes were a little less than at the beginning of the season so maybe we were down from 3,000 to 2,500 motor homes!

The key to having a good time as a visitor at LSU is to have some good looking girls with you dressed in opposing team colors. That entitles you to crash any tailgate party at LSU.

In all fairness tailgating at the LSU games this year is down due to the lack of competition the Tigers have played this season. I've found LSU Fans are much more subdued and don't party as hard when they are playing a team they expect to beat. Can recall when Oregon State came to LSU. Nobody even noticed their fans, however the game turned out to be a nailbiter and I recall saying to my wife that the next time the Beavers make it to Baton Rouge their fans will actually have more fun because they earned the tailgaters respect. Not sure if that makes sense.

No question Alabama has earned most Tiger fans respect, but when you are an 18 point favorite even the Tide couldn't get the fans too pumped up. FYI: A great LSU tailgate experience next year will be when Virginia Tech rolls into town. Fans remember how they beat us a few years back at their place then turned around and backed out of the return game against LSU the following year.

Edited by Rockerbraves