[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

108 Yard Return

quest

Seen it done before, didn't impress me like the previous one.

108.4 yards!!!This was better than the one Vasher did because we didn't see it comin'!!!! :D:D:bash::clap::tup:

Edited by jarhead

i just heard them say that he tied vasher......that's unreal!!!!

How can that be offense?

The Bears D was on the field when the field goal was attempted. If it's not Special Teams, then it must be the Bears D.

Either way, shouldn't 6 points go to the Bears?

Edited by quest

How can that be offense?

The Bears D was on the field when the field goal was attempted. If it's not Special Teams, then it must be the Bears D.

Either way, shouldn't 6 points go to the Bears?

There is some strange rule in the NFl when the def/special team can become the off but like I said Im not 100% sure about this play

NFL.com Scoring summary does not even list the score....

CBS Sportsline GameCenter does:

4-15-NYG34 (11:49) J.Feely 52 yard field goal is No Good, Center-R.Kuehl, Holder-J.Feagles. D.Hester at CHI -8 for 108 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on NYG-G.Ruegamer, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

CBS Sportsline GameCenter does:

4-15-NYG34 (11:49) J.Feely 52 yard field goal is No Good, Center-R.Kuehl, Holder-J.Feagles. D.Hester at CHI -8 for 108 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on NYG-G.Ruegamer, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

No, he meant it is not shown on Gamecenter's scoring summary. It is in the full play-by--play.

I agree with TheCMB, will probably get fixed sometime soon.

Guy in my local has the Bears D but doesn't reflect Hester's TD.

As in this scoring summary:

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

TD Brandon Jacobs, 1 Yd run (Jay Feely kick is good), 9:55. Drive: 1 play, 1 yards in 0:04.

FG Robbie Gould 49 Yd, 5:59. Drive: 4 plays, 14 yards in 1:00.

2nd Quarter

FG Jay Feely 46 Yd, 13:25. Drive: 4 plays, 3 yards in 1:59.

FG Jay Feely 40 Yd, 2:21. Drive: 6 plays, 9 yards in 3:56.

TD Mark Bradley, 29 Yd pass from Rex Grossman (Robbie Gould kick is good), 0:35. Drive: 8 plays, 74 yards in 1:46.

3rd Quarter

TD Muhsin Muhammad, 10 Yd pass from Rex Grossman (Robbie Gould kick is good), 8:20. Drive: 6 plays, 43 yards in 2:28.

TD Desmond Clark, 2 Yd pass from Rex Grossman (Robbie Gould kick is good), 5:35. Drive: 4 plays, 21 yards in 1:48.

TD Brandon Jacobs, 8 Yd run (Jay Feely kick is good), 3:26. Drive: 5 plays, 69 yards in 2:09.

4th Quarter

TD Thomas Jones, 2 Yd run (Robbie Gould kick is good), 8:20. Drive: 5 plays, 46 yards in 2:33.

I dont believe that a Special teams score I believe (not 100% sure) but I think the bears became the offense on that play

Not in this case. When a team intercepts and they hand/pass off, then the team changes to OFF.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Not in this case. When a team intercepts and they hand/pass off, then the team changes to OFF.

When Samari Rolle intercepted the ball a couple weeks ago, he handed it off to Ed Reed who scored a TD and it was still a defensive TD.

Edited by CD6405

When Samari Rolle intercepted the ball a couple weeks ago, he handed it off to Ed Reed who scored a TD and it was still a defensive TD.

Well a situation like that was a controversy in my Homer league a few years ago. It was scored as an 'O' TD! :D Just stating facts.

I don't know what the ruling will be but when the ball crosses the line of scrimmage some odd rules kick... regarding a missed, not blocked FG.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm