[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonzo out 2-3 weeks possibly

theeohiostate

From RotoWorld:

Tony Gonzalez (shoulder) may be out for the next two-to-three weeks.

Gonzo was seen wincing after Sunday's game with his sprained shoulder in a sling. With Tony unwilling to speak to reporters, his older brother Chris gave the Miami-area media a timetable for his sibling's recovery. The Chiefs will likely address Gonzalez's situation when coach Herm Edwards holds his press conference on Tuesday. No. 2 tight end Jason Dunn is the favorite to start in his place, and fullback Kris Wilson could see a bigger role.

My team has the injury bug this year. First Alexander, TO breaks a bone in his hand, Roy Williams basically misses a game after a fluke injury, Hasselbeck goes down, and now when it seems I am about to get my full squad again, Gonzo goes down. Luckily Desmond Clark is on my bench even though besides the td last night, it doesnt seem like Grossman looked his way at all...

Assuming Gonzo is out for a week or more, what do you KC homers think of Dunn, Gonzo's backup? Any point picking him up or would it be better to scour the WW for a TE?

Dunn is a terrific blocker...they do throw the ball to him sometimes as well....and he pretty much always catches it, but it's more designed plays near the goal line or to keep the defense honest or exploit them from something they see on film in certain defensive coverages. The guy is a beast. Now would I add him to my FF team....not in a million years. If anyone takes over Tony's role it will be Kris Wilson...he was a 2nd round Vermeil pick a few years back....was dominating in the preseason and broke his leg in one of or the last preseason game that season against DAL. He never really fully recovered that season and they never got him involved in the offense which always seemed to bug me cause he has terrific hands and is very quick....he's like Gonzo in the sense that he can't be covered by a LB...he's too quick and can get open pretty easily. The reason for drafting him was to put him and Gonzo in the game together to force defenses to respect him and not be able to double cover Tony, and if they did double Tony then Wilson would just burn the defense...I'm still not sure why that was never deployed. Wilson took over the FB spot after we lost Cruz our FB for the season.....however the Chiefs run a lot of one back sets and I'd imagine they will do that even more now....I actually wouldn't be surprised......gulp...to see them put Bennett and LJ in the game at the same time now and move Wilson to Gonzo's spot....probably highly unlikely...but possible. The loss of Gonzo probably mean what we will see is more of Dante Hall and 3 WR sets, rather than the 2 TE's 2 WR's and one back sets they have been running. The have to have another pass catcher out there with him gone....and it's going to be Hall or Wilson IMO.

Since coming to KC in 2000 Dunn has averaged 5 rec 45 yards and 1 TD in 6.5 seasons.

Dunn is a terrific blocker...they do throw the ball to him sometimes as well....and he pretty much always catches it, but it's more designed plays near the goal line or to keep the defense honest or exploit them from something they see on film in certain defensive coverages. The guy is a beast. Now would I add him to my FF team....not in a million years. If anyone takes over Tony's role it will be Kris Wilson...he was a 2nd round Vermeil pick a few years back....was dominating in the preseason and broke his leg in one of or the last preseason game that season against DAL. He never really fully recovered that season and they never got him involved in the offense which always seemed to bug me cause he has terrific hands and is very quick....he's like Gonzo in the sense that he can't be covered by a LB...he's too quick and can get open pretty easily. The reason for drafting him was to put him and Gonzo in the game together to force defenses to respect him and not be able to double cover Tony, and if they did double Tony then Wilson would just burn the defense...I'm still not sure why that was never deployed. Wilson took over the FB spot after we lost Cruz our FB for the season.....however the Chiefs run a lot of one back sets and I'd imagine they will do that even more now....I actually wouldn't be surprised......gulp...to see them put Bennett and LJ in the game at the same time now and move Wilson to Gonzo's spot....probably highly unlikely...but possible. The loss of Gonzo probably mean what we will see is more of Dante Hall and 3 WR sets, rather than the 2 TE's 2 WR's and one back sets they have been running. The have to have another pass catcher out there with him gone....and it's going to be Hall or Wilson IMO.

Since coming to KC in 2000 Dunn has averaged 5 rec 45 yards and 1 TD in 6.5 seasons.

Awesome! This is why I'm a member of this fine place. :D