[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Philly Fumble TD

jaxfactor

Did anyone see this? I didn't see the replays but someone in my league is bitching that McNabb should get credit for a TD pass as it was a continuous play. Was this a lateral or an actual fumble? The scoring at NFL.com says it was a 37 yard fumble recovery by Buckhalter for a TD.

I really didn't believe Reggie Brown had the ball long enough for it to be considered a reception...

from the side, far away and rear angle, it appears he controlled the ball and planted to feet..then fumbled it right into Buckhalters hand...

but he bobbled the ball the whole time, if you get any view other than right in front of him, you'd think he caught it....

it should be a TD reception by Buckhalter IMO..

I don't think that gets credited to the QB after it is lateralled...

How did they score the play when Moss lateralled to Moe Williams a few years back? I don't remember C-pep getting credited with a TD pass...

On the contrary, the "Moss Play" as we refer to it WAS credited to Culpepper as a TD pass. Moss didn't get anything as he lateralled to Mo Lewis for the TD. Mo Lewis got credit for the rushing TD after the lateral. Being that the ball did not hit the ground, it was one continuous play so Culpepper got credit for the TD.

This sucks! I was beating the 1st place team in one league by 26. Now, if given credit for the TD, McNabb will pick up a minimum of 12 points for that play. :D This guy I'm playing has all the luck in the world.

Everything he touches turns to gold. :D

Did anyone see this? I didn't see the replays but someone in my league is bitching that McNabb should get credit for a TD pass as it was a continuous play. Was this a lateral or an actual fumble? The scoring at NFL.com says it was a 37 yard fumble recovery by Buckhalter for a TD.

Deuce scored yesterday on a strange snap. The announcers even asked if that was considered a designed play or simply a fumble recovery for a TD.

McNabb should not get credit, the play was ruled a fumble, therefore it's a fumble.

On the contrary, the "Moss Play" as we refer to it WAS credited to Culpepper as a TD pass. Moss didn't get anything as he lateralled to Mo Lewis for the TD. Mo Lewis got credit for the rushing TD after the lateral. Being that the ball did not hit the ground, it was one continuous play so Culpepper got credit for the TD.

This sucks! I was beating the 1st place team in one league by 26. Now, if given credit for the TD, McNabb will pick up a minimum of 12 points for that play. :D This guy I'm playing has all the luck in the world.

Everything he touches turns to gold. :D

i thought:

- culp got the passing td

- moss got rec yards

- williams got rec td for the yards from the spot of the lateral.

McNabb should not get credit, the play was ruled a fumble, therefore it's a fumble.

That's why to NFL reviews questionable plays on Tuesday. Just because it was ruled a fumble doesn't mean it was. :D

I've reviewed the play several times, and it's clear Brown never controlled the ball and it was tipped to Buck. So it should be a TD pass to Buck from McNabb.

That's why to NFL reviews questionable plays on Tuesday. Just because it was ruled a fumble doesn't mean it was. :D

:D

Forgot about that little tidbit.

My suggestion for Jaxfactor then, tell your owner to not get his panties in a bunch until an official ruling.

It was definitely a fumble. I watched it several times, and the ball was knocked out of his hands... there was clearly no deliberate effort to lateral it.

I agree it wasn't a lateral, but he never had possession of the ball to begin with, so it could not be a fumble, it was more along the lines of a tipped ball, just not in the traditional since.

He never came down with the ball, had two feet on the ground and made a football move, therefore it's impossible to say he caught the ball.

as there any sort of rule language as far as what exactly constitutes a "continuous play"?

i still don't think brown had possession of the ball. like if buck didn't catch it and it hit the ground, i think the official blows it incomplete, or the skins challenge and it becomes incomplete. if brown didn't have possession then obviously it becomes a TD pass from mcnabb to buck.

as there any sort of rule language as far as what exactly constitutes a "continuous play"?

i still don't think brown had possession of the ball. like if buck didn't catch it and it hit the ground, i think the official blows it incomplete, or the skins challenge and it becomes incomplete. if brown didn't have possession then obviously it becomes a TD pass from mcnabb to buck.

That's how I see it too Az. If Buck wasn't around the play and the ball hit the turf, I'm sure replay would show Brown didn't control the rock and it'd been an incomplete pass. The only ruling that makes since is a TD pass for McNabb to Buck for 58 yards (I think that was the distance) . I don't know if the NFL cares about correcting the call or not, but if they do review it, I'm sure they'll find the same result.

But, then again, McNabb is black.