[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please bench Brad Johnson

Hugh 0ne

I don't care what the other options are. We're in a rebuilding phase, right? So why the hell do you have a 68 year old QB who makes Drew Bledsoe look like Michael Vick running the offense? Bench him, and bring in Tavaris. Find out now if this kid has what it takes as opposed to be an NFL QB now, why waste the rest of this season and possibly more? Play him, and if he sucks, sign a QB in the offseason. If I have to watch Brad Johnson f*ck up the Vikings offense much longer I'm going to lose my mind.

O-line. Good.

RB. Good.

FB. Good.

Defense. Improved.

QB. F*CKING TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Discuss. :D

I don't care what the other options are. We're in a rebuilding phase, right? So why the hell do you have a 68 year old QB who makes Drew Bledsoe look like Michael Vick running the offense? Bench him, and bring in Tavaris. Find out now if this kid has what it takes as opposed to be an NFL QB now, why waste the rest of this season and possibly more? Play him, and if he sucks, sign a QB in the offseason. If I have to watch Brad Johnson f*ck up the Vikings offense much longer I'm going to lose my mind.

O-line. Good.

RB. Good.

FB. Good.

Defense. Improved.

QB. F*CKING TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Discuss. :D

O-line good? Not even close...Brad is getting beat up back there...that being said, I think the situation is similar to Dallas in that you have an immobile QB behind a line that is not protecting him...I agree Tarvaris should get thrown in there becuase like Romo in Dallas he can escape out of the pocket...he can also just take off with the ball when the pocket collapses as well...I don't blame it all on BJ, but he needs to be replaced...

O-line good? Not even close...Brad is getting beat up back there...that being said, I think the situation is similar to Dallas in that you have an immobile QB behind a line that is not protecting him...I agree Tarvaris should get thrown in there becuase like Romo in Dallas he can escape out of the pocket...he can also just take off with the ball when the pocket collapses as well...I don't blame it all on BJ, but he needs to be replaced...

He has no confidence in making any plays down the field. Every long pass gets picked off. Whne he gets the slightest bit of pressure, he panics. The pass blocking hasn't been great, but the O-line is improved, and imo Johnson just sucks.

Two thoughts. First, I don't know how he could have any confidence going downfield with Marcus Robinson injured and Troy Williamson his deep threat. Heck, Bethel and McMullen look like his best options right now, and that is not saying much. I agree after this loss, I would certainly support bringing in Jackson if Johnson struggles another half - absolutely nothing to lose.

Second...I honestly prefer to watch the team lose the way they have for a change, knowing that they are very close to being a good team for a few years. Defensively, they are terrific, and I could not take another season of watching them lose every game on the last drive of the game, no matter what, due to what they called a defense. It was sickening.

With Jackson having knee surgery a while back, I'm not sure if he's ready to be thrust in there quite yet. If he'd been able to practice with the team the last 10 weeks, I'd say let's go for it. But I don't think he's had that time to work enough with the team that he'd need to go out there. I think they're a couple weeks away from even thinking about doing that.

Although, he is the only qb we have fast enough to run away from Mckinnies side before he get's creamed. :D

It is downright painful watching Johnson back there, he looks like Testaverde did before he dropped off the face of the earth. He quickly looks away from his downfield reads and looks to dump it off before the play develops. When he does throw downfield, there is no zip on the ball and it typically is underthrown. His TD pass this week was underthrown so badly that McMullen had to completely stop and catch the ball at knee level. The worst part is that he looks like he is running in mud when he drops back and doesn't move around the pocket very well, which make the o-line's job even more difficult. That said, the problems on offense don't just end with Johnson. There are consistantly 8 men in the box to make running difficult and and there isn't one reciever who is can be considered close to a #1.

I would love to see Jackson get a start, but I am guessing that they put Bollinger in there first and make us suffer through another failed experiment.

They need to get the QB position resolved or they will be in the same position next year that they're in now.

I remember those comforting words all of us Vikings fans heard before the season began...

Brad Johnson could play another 2 or 3 years.

Does that make you want to get season tickets?

I would love to see Jackson get a start, but I am guessing that they put Bollinger in there first and make us suffer through another failed experiment.

Bollinger may not be the worst option for Minny - he's sort of Brad Johnson without the experience but with mobility. He's a tough kid who plays pretty smart; no, he isn't a difference maker but he should be able to hold down the fort, make plays with his feet when necessary, and keep Jackson from getting shell-shocked by being thrown to the wolves WAY before he is ready.

The honeymoon is over. Childress needs to be a legitimate coach now.

I recall being thrilled that the Vikes pounced on Childress and kept GB from interviewing him.

Now, I'm not ready to throw Childress on the scrap heap or commission McCarthy's Canton bust, but as of right now I'm relatively pleased with the way things are going. A MASSIVE part of Childress' problem is his personnell - Johnson can't throw deep anymore, and even if he could the Vikes WR corps can't get vertical very well.

if you can't have a good day against the swiss cheese defense of green bay, its time to find a new job. in brads defense, the ineptitude of the vikings oline shouldn't be overlooked.

Hey, GB is solid against the run.

As a Chester Taylor owner in a PPR league, I say just leaves Johnson's 38 year-old noodle arm in there.

Why? Because his 2 catches for 20 yards was so stellar?

A rookie QB would be much more apt to use Taylor as a safety valve than Johnson has.

I'm a Taylor owner as well and one of the reasons I drafted him was based on the "receiving out of the backfield" hype. For my money, that hype was just that - hype. I don't think Taylor's receiving has been anywhere near the weapon people thought it would be both for the Vikings and certainly for my PPR fantasy team.

A rookie QB would be much more apt to use Taylor as a safety valve than Johnson has.

I'm a Taylor owner as well and one of the reasons I drafted him was based on the "receiving out of the backfield" hype. For my money, that hype was just that - hype. I don't think Taylor's receiving has been anywhere near the weapon people thought it would be both for the Vikings and certainly for my PPR fantasy team.

The complete lack of a passing attack also allows teams to put 8 guys in the box, obviously hurting Taylor's rushing numbers as well.

And if you picked Taylor up for passing efficiency, you may not have done your homework, because Moore is obviously the 3rd down/long yardage/pass receiving back.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Everyone seems to think the Vikings defense is stellar and it is.....against runs up the middle. Brady and Favre picked the secondary apart recently.

I'm content to see Brad Johnson under center at Minnesota for the next 17 years. :D

If you've watched any Vikings football for the last 10 years, this defense is stellar compared to what they've had. And FWIW, I called them "improved" in my initial post.

there is a serious lack of talent on offense. this has to be the worst receiving corps in the league. Brad Johnson and these receivers don't scare any of these teams deep.

O-line isn't giving Brad time. McKinnie is overrated and Marcus Johnson is not the answer at RT.

If we keep losing, Tarvaris better get a few games of playing time. We got some serious questions at QB next year

You should just root for Brad to get a season ending knee injury... :D

there is a serious lack of talent on offense. this has to be the worst receiving corps in the league. Brad Johnson and these receivers don't scare any of these teams deep.

O-line isn't giving Brad time. McKinnie is overrated and Marcus Johnson is not the answer at RT.

If we keep losing, Tarvaris better get a few games of playing time. We got some serious questions at QB next year

Jackson needs to get in the game, they need to see what he is all about. And if the O-line isn't going to protect they need someone that can break containment and get the ball down the field.

My big question to Chilli is where the hell is Wiggins in this offense? He is the best receiver that they have right now. They never seem to call his number.

Edited by VikesGuy

Jackson needs to get in the game, they need to see what he is all about. And if the O-line isn't going to protect they need someone that can break containment and get the ball down the field.

My big question to Chilli is where the hell is Wiggins in this offense? He is the best receiver that they have right now. They never seem to call his number.

And TEs are supposed to be a big part of the West Coast offense. This is a problem. :D