[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Byron Leftwich to Jack Del Rio

rajncajn

" So how ya like me now?" :D

I think either Garrard bounces back in a big way this week or Mr Del Rio should be watching his back. I think Jacksonville has blown it with Leftwich regardless.

They said on ESPN that Leftwich is currently visiting with Dr. Andrews to see about surgery on his ankle. Garrard could end up being the starter the rest of the year whether Del Rio wants it or not.

They said on ESPN that Leftwich is currently visiting with Dr. Andrews to see about surgery on his ankle. Garrard could end up being the starter the rest of the year whether Del Rio wants it or not.

I agree, but I don't think the decision to go with Garrard the rest of the season was based on that.

I think the players want lefty back in or something...I noticed that WR's drop alot of passes from lack of chemistry or even dislike of the current QB......especially if they prefer the other QB who is on the bench..

they have to feel like Lefty was wronged in this scenario...

Well, I don't think Lefty has undercut the coach too hard but I think JAX can do better than Del Rio personally. So if Leftwich has the locker room and Del Rio doesn't, maybe Del Rio isn't the answer even if Lefty isn't either?

On a side note, the lineman carrying Leftwich downfield while injured in college is one of the all-time big-balls football highlights. Not saying that means he gets a free starting gig but it was one of those old school moments that was really cool.

Edited by Snoil

On a side note, the lineman carrying Leftwich downfield while injured in college is one of the all-time big-balls football highlights. Not saying that means he gets a free starting gig but it was one of those old school moments that was really cool.

:D Well said. :D

Well, I don't think Lefty has undercut the coach too hard but I think JAX can do better than Del Rio personally. So if Leftwich has the locker room and Del Rio doesn't, maybe Del Rio isn't the answer even if Lefty isn't either?

Completely agree, good post. Leftwich did seem to me to be doing a better job getting the ball to his recievers and IMO really did nothing to lose his starting job other than get hurt. I just get the feeling that Del Rio has been listening to much to fan opinion and took the first chance he got to stick Garrard in there.

Completely agree, good post. Leftwich did seem to me to be doing a better job getting the ball to his recievers and IMO really did nothing to lose his starting job other than get hurt. I just get the feeling that Del Rio has been listening to much to fan opinion and took the first chance he got to stick Garrard in there.

I picked Del Rio to be the first coach fired in the 20 Question contest.

did nothing to lose his starting job other than get hurt.

That is not true. As a fan who watches every play of every Jags game, Leftwich has been a reason they have lost games. The Defense has saved them but the offense was not scoring, and Lefty was to easy to take down in the pocket. Garrard had one bad game, give the guy a break, but Leftwich has had his chance, and he has not taken his game to the next level, just watch the Jax/NE Playoff game last year.

I don't think I know that story ... what are you talking about?

I don't think I know that story ... what are you talking about?

When Leftwich was a Marshall, he broke his leg or foot or something. He stood in the shotgun and still passed the team down the field. In between completions, his offensive linemen would carry him to the line of scrimmage. Pretty cool. Marshall still lost I think. Leftwich has been living off that drive for a while now as a tough guy. I think he's immobile, inaccurate passer who has refused (or not been coached) to improve his mechanics and touch. He's basically the same QB he was when he came into the league. That, in my opinion, speaks volumes about Del Rio and his staff. They've been living off Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor for a while now. They don't seem to be developing new offensive talent. And it's catching up with them.