[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ladainian Tomlinson - where do you see him post-retirement?

rajncajn

I think it's pretty much a given that he will likely end up in the Hall of Fame one day, but I'm going to stroll out on this big fat limb & say I think he may end up one of, if not THE greatest RB to ever play the game. I'm certainly much more impressed with him than Emmitt and that's coming from a Gators fan. Opinions?

I was travelling, and didn't get to see most of the games. When I saw the highlights of Tomlinson today, I thought the same thing.

It's possible that if I had to pick a back ALL TIME, I might just take Tomlinson over everyone.

Edited by CaptainHook

I was travelling, and didn't get to see most of the games. When I saw the highlights of Tomlinson today, I thought the same thing.

I'm not sure that if I had to pick a back ALL TIME, I might just take Tomlinson over everyone.

I thought it was pretty funny, and telling, seeing Rivers gush over him in an interview. He was basically giddy talking about him.

The only thing with LT2 is I could see him retiring early. He's not one for records and if he gets to the point where he is satisfied with what he has done, I could see him retiring early like Barry Sanders, Robert Smith and soon to be Tiki Barber. By 30 or 31 though, he may have already been able to break every record in the books. I think he is a great football player and a great person. My cousin attended TCU with him and said he's one of the most respectable guys there is. His mom never was able to watch him play football at TCU because of how poor they were so they flew her out to his last game which was at one of the Bowls I believe. It may have been the last home game.

I use Payton as the gold standard for halfbacks and LT's more or less on pace with him. He's definitely the best I've seen since Emmitt. And like Emmitt, LT's place in the pantheon of halfbacks will be determined by his longevity. Skill-wise, he's definitely in the same tier as the all-time greats.

Marty's been around a long time and is obviously biased, but he says LT is the best back he's ever seen. Countless teammates have stated their awe of his abilities, and that counts for alot in my book. Barring injury, he will undoubtedly be a shoe-in for the HoF and may eventually rewrite the record books.

As far as post-retirement, I'm not sure he's commentator material, but with his business and charity connections, he's set for life. He could run for SD mayor and win! That's how much he's loved in this community!!

....and oh, by the way, besides being a great athlete, he's about the humblest and nicest person around! :D

Marty's been around a long time and is obviously biased, but he says LT is the best back he's ever seen. Countless teammates have stated their awe of his abilities, and that counts for alot in my book. Barring injury, he will undoubtedly be a shoe-in for the HoF and may eventually rewrite the record books.

As far as post-retirement, I'm not sure he's commentator material, but with his business and charity connections, he's set for life. He could run for SD mayor and win! That's how much he's loved in this community!!

....and oh, by the way, besides being a great athlete, he's about the humblest and nicest person around! :D

In a sport dominated by massive egos and bad behavior, HOF-caliber players with outstanding character definitely capture the hearts and minds of fans. All of Chicago loved Payton. Hell, even Packers fans loved him.

I've been a "serious" NFL fan for about 30 years. Before that, I watched football but was too young to really appreciate it. So, there might be some out there that saw Brown and Sayers and Simpson and whatnot who might have a different perspective on things.

But if Tomlinson was to retire tomorrow, I'd have no problem putting him in the same sentence with Payton, Smith, and Sanders as the best RBs I've ever seen.

I think he is absolutely amazing. I was so looking forward to the dolphins game this past weekend to see LJ. He single handedly won me my league last year. Well, the Dolphins D shut him down. I was fortunate enough to see Barry play the year he had over 100yards in every game and he was brillant.

Ask this question in another year or so, but I think Barry was better

Time will only tell but he is on pace to blow past the all time greats.He is just hitting his peak at this point in his career and barring injury he will definitely be top 5 all time.I think Barry is the best ever but LT is a more versatile back IMO.

The only thing with LT2 is I could see him retiring early. He's not one for records and if he gets to the point where he is satisfied with what he has done, I could see him retiring early like Barry Sanders, Robert Smith and soon to be Tiki Barber. By 30 or 31 though, he may have already been able to break every record in the books. I think he is a great football player and a great person. My cousin attended TCU with him and said he's one of the most respectable guys there is. His mom never was able to watch him play football at TCU because of how poor they were so they flew her out to his last game which was at one of the Bowls I believe. It may have been the last home game.

I'm not sure how much of the record thing I buy. I remember Tomlinson talking about how he really, really wants to break the single season rushing yards record.

Hmm, where do I see LT2 after his retirement? Most likely at card shows making large bank by signing various bits of LT2 memorabilia..........

He'll be up there, where I don't know exactly, but someone can start making a bust for the hall for him I'm certain. B Sanders was my favorite to watch though

Edited by Snoil

figure in 4 years he will be standing next to TIKI doing play by play for CBS

on a serious note , LT should end up as one of the best 3 of all time and if he can play long enough probably the best ( especially because of his pass catching skills ) ...he is a monster

In a sport dominated by massive egos and bad behavior, HOF-caliber players with outstanding character definitely capture the hearts and minds of fans. All of Chicago loved Payton. Hell, even Packers fans loved him.

Well, it's tough to love someone who runs over, around, and/or through your team on a bi-annual basis. But the respect was certainly there.