[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's back! Alexander to practice

I'm Rick James Bitch

From Rotoworld

Shaun Alexander is expected to resume practicing Wednesday.

He could play Sunday if his foot holds up during the week. It appears Alexander has finally received medical clearance, just in time for a game against San Francisco. Mike Holmgren will confirm the news shortly and is expected to say that Matt Hasselbeck may not return this week. Nov. 13 - 5:20 pm et

Source: The News Tribune

Let's hope he puts together a strong fantasy run! :D

Edited by I'm Rick James Bitch

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say him and Morris rotate for the first few weeks at least.

That's possible for the first game against the Niners, however, it won't last long if Alexander is indeed fully healthy. After the Niners game I expect to see a refreshed, and ready to dominate Alexander playing in the Monday Night Football game against the Packers.

In my case, I'm already looking at a sweet spot in my leagues playoffs, so Alexander's return only means that my team will have that much more depth and strength come week 15 and 16 this year. He's fresh and the Seahawks might just need to play the starters all season long to get that top playoff seed. :D

In my case, I'm already looking at a sweet spot in my leagues playoffs, so Alexander's return only means that my team will have that much more depth and strength come week 15 and 16 this year. He's fresh and the Seahawks might just need to play the starters all season long to get that top playoff seed. sneaky.gif

+1 :D:D

That's possible for the first game against the Niners, however, it won't last long if Alexander is indeed fully healthy. After the Niners game I expect to see a refreshed, and ready to dominate Alexander playing in the Monday Night Football game against the Packers.

In my case, I'm already looking at a sweet spot in my leagues playoffs, so Alexander's return only means that my team will have that much more depth and strength come week 15 and 16 this year. He's fresh and the Seahawks might just need to play the starters all season long to get that top playoff seed. :D

Just my luck the team I'm playing this week which has been getting beat up on for the past few weeks has Alexander. Well the only thing I can hope for is that Hasselbeck remains out since he's also on this 2-6 team's bench. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Not a bad team to come back against fantasy-wise, I'm starting him over Addai this week.

I'd say that's a good call, but still a tough one only because there is the slight chance he splits a small amount of carries with Morris. But then again, it's the Niners and Alexander has something to prove to the league.

I'm in a sweet situation where I now have RB's Kevin Jones, and Ronnie Brown; then the returning Shaun Alexander could start as my Offensive Flex player. Doesn't get much better than that.

:D

Just my luck the team I'm playing this week which has been getting beat up on for the past few weeks has Alexander. Well the only thing I can hope for is that Hasselbeck remains out since he's also on this 2-6 team's bench. :D

I don't know what his team looks like, but I also had Hasselbeck at the time of Alexander's injury. I was able to trade Hasselbeck, another good player, and a draft pick to a team for Ronnie Brown. So I was not only able to remain a top contender in the league, but anticipated the return of Alexander knowing that this very well could set my team up for a Superbowl victory this year. I've got my eye on the big prize this year. :D

this is great news....i started out 2-4....thanks to KJ, and my receivers...i managed to reel off 3 in a row...then carson and chad went off this week...now im 6-4 with a great shot...ive survived this disaster thus far...if i could just get maybe 15 points a week from here on out, i think id have to be happy

Well, I'm 8-2 and traded for Alexander about 4 weeks ago (ronnie brown and reggie williams for Alexander and Mushin Muhammed) so this is great news for me. Moose actually helped me out too since I've started him 3 weeks in a row because I didn't trust Hines and Plax and he has had a TD in each week. 8-2 in first place and I get SA to help me win it all, woo.

Edited by CD6405

this is great news.......ive survived this disaster thus far...if i could just get maybe 15 points a week from here on out, i think id have to be happy

This is about how I feel. I don't expect last years Alexander...if he could average 70 yards and a TD the rest of the year I will be content.

Am 5-5 in a 16 team redraft and losing Alexander has killed me. if he can be consistant maybe I can get a push.

He's still no Maroney. :D

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions that quick, but if we were to make any assumptions right now you are probably correct -- but possibly way off.

Thinking in terms of long term, though, Maroney is looking much better. Once Portis comes back Betts will again because the backup.

I'd say that's a good call, but still a tough one only because there is the slight chance he splits a small amount of carries with Morris. But then again, it's the Niners and Alexander has something to prove to the league.

I'm in a sweet situation where I now have RB's Kevin Jones, and Ronnie Brown; then the returning Shaun Alexander could start as my Offensive Flex player. Doesn't get much better than that.

:D

I've also got LJ & Tiki, so it's not really that hard a decision. :D

Wasn't Jesus supposed to have Shaun back on the field like six weeks ago???

This report is a tad misleading. The Seahawks are planning on having Shaun practice on Wednesday and playing this weekend, but all this is contingent on the pictures of the foot that were going to be taken today. It would not surprise me at all if we didn't see Shaun and Matt in uniform this week, with the Hawks sitting at 6-3 and their backups playing competently.

A couple weeks ago I traded R Brown (couldnt take Saban any more) and the Giants D for Alexander and M Morris.

Of Course R Brown production was solid the past two weeks... but so did Morris I won so no damage done !

Now the payoff... if Alexander can get healthy he has a nice schedule coming up and hopefully will pay dividends.