[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bill Cowher

mroban

If Shanahan is the anti-christ to fantasy-ballers then Bill Cowher is a god. Firstly, he sticks with his guys -- no monkeying around with the lineup. He will go down in flames with Rothlisburger apparently. But even better, you have to love his play calling with Willie Parker yesterday. 2 long runs Willie is chased down inside the 10. Both times, he feeds Willie the ball until he finishes off the drives.

Willie (and Alan Faneca) basically won the game for the Steelers yesterday. Willie deserved the glory. Faneca seems to have a gift for springing Willie on big runs (kinda remember one in the Super Bowl that he did the same thing). That dude is good.

And for that Bill Cowher -- we salute you! :D:bash::clap::D

What exactly did Faneca do on either of the long runs ? Parker bounced both outside because the Saints had jammed the point of attack but blew containment. Watch the tape. :D

Ill watch it again, but looked to me like he made a huge block on both plays. Maybe im just replaying the Super Bowl again in my head.

I have to say for Willie Parker being so fast, he shouldn't have been chased down twice from behind.

the first one, the safety had the angle all the way. He also outran the safety but got tripped up by his desperation arm swat. Lots of RBs would just get run out of bounds when a player takes an angle like that. Ive heard DBs in the NFL have some speed too. No shame there really. He looked pretty damn fast to me on that play.

On the other hand, did anyone see the Corey Dillon "breakaway" run? same situation and he got shoved out at the 25. He. looked. so. sloooooowwwwwww.

I have to say for Willie Parker being so fast, he shouldn't have been chased down twice from behind.

Angles both times and both times were after FWP ran 70 yards. I'm not taking anything away from Mike McKenzie who does have some motor on him. He did a great job catching Willie on that first one but ask anyone and they will tell you that he can also fly. He got a fingernail on Willie during that play.

Edited by Skippy

If Shanahan is the anti-christ to fantasy-ballers then Bill Cowher is a god. Firstly, he sticks with his guys -- no monkeying around with the lineup. He will go down in flames with Rothlisburger apparently. But even better, you have to love his play calling with Willie Parker yesterday. 2 long runs Willie is chased down inside the 10. Both times, he feeds Willie the ball until he finishes off the drives.

Willie (and Alan Faneca) basically won the game for the Steelers yesterday. Willie deserved the glory. Faneca seems to have a gift for springing Willie on big runs (kinda remember one in the Super Bowl that he did the same thing). That dude is good.

And for that Bill Cowher -- we salute you! :D:bash::clap::D

Cowher's decision to run Willie is any easy one... he's far and away the Steelers best option everywhere on the field and he's earned the right to be "the guy." People faulted him for sticking with Kordell too long, but Kordell was benched several times and he was normally the best option he had to work with. I'll always trust Cowher's judgement on personnel decisions because he's earned it.

Willie was huge laste in the game, but if you didn't watch the game, I guess I can understand why you think Roethlisberger's 17-28-264 with 3 TDs and no INTs didn't have much to do with the outcome, but Ben was fantastic on Sunday. Very sharp. Parker's explosion didn't come until the 4th quarter. As "bad" as he's been this year, in his last 5 games his passer rating is 101.4, and he's got 1,474 yards passing (over 250 per game) and a TD:INT ratio of 10:7. All 7 INTs came in the two games against Oakland and Denver, following his concussion against Atlanta.

What exactly did Faneca do on either of the long runs ? Parker bounced both outside because the Saints had jammed the point of attack but blew containment. Watch the tape. :D

okay, watched it again. Faneca had a sick block on the first one that sprung Willie. You are correct on the 2nd one, but the first was a gorgeous block that cleared a monster hole off the left side.

On the other hand, did anyone see the Corey Dillon "breakaway" run? same situation and he got shoved out at the 25. He. looked. so. sloooooowwwwwww.

I was thinking the exact same thing. When I saw the clip on TV I said to myself, "is this in slow motion?"

okay, watched it again. Faneca had a sick block on the first one that sprung Willie. You are correct on the 2nd one, but the first was a gorgeous block that cleared a monster hole off the left side.

I went back and looked at it again as well. Most reasonable people would call that a tackle, not a block. :D