[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rule question....

rocknrobn26

If a FG is missed, the opposing team takes over at the spot of the kick, if outside the 20 yl. If (like Hester) a ST player catches the ball and decides to run, the previous rule does not apply. But what if caught it and took a knee to down it? According to the Chi Trib, they would have taken possession at the 34 yl, which was the line of scrimmage, NOT the spot of the kick. Is that right??? Just wondering.

If a FG is missed, the opposing team takes over at the spot of the kick, if outside the 20 yl. If (like Hester) a ST player catches the ball and decides to run, the previous rule does not apply. But what if caught it and took a knee to down it? According to the Chi Trib, they would have taken possession at the 34 yl, which was the line of scrimmage, NOT the spot of the kick. Is that right??? Just wondering.

Sorry don't know my rules from one league to the next like I should. FYI: Seen a couple of times this High School season teams electing to kick FG versus punting. First time I saw that I freaked out thinking this team was attempting a 60 + yd FG. Later found out they really didn't have a punter and apparently in HS football the ball doesn't come back to the line of scrimmage or where the ball is kicked.

Still can't see a HS team of any size not having a punter and being force to kick FG instead. :D

Sorry don't know my rules from one league to the next like I should. FYI: Seen a couple of times this High School season teams electing to kick FG versus punting. First time I saw that I freaked out thinking this team was attempting a 60 + yd FG. Later found out they really didn't have a punter and apparently in HS football the ball doesn't come back to the line of scrimmage or where the ball is kicked.

Still can't see a HS team of any size not having a punter and being force to kick FG instead. :D

HS rules in most states call for a missed FG to be placed at the 20 or where the ball landed, whichever is furthest from the end zone.

The rule is that you get the ball at the spot the kick was placed, however when attemting a return of said kick then a possession change occurs and if he downed it it would be a touchback or if he returns it he's down wherever tackled regardless of where crimmage or placement of kick was. I am not 100% on the touchback thing, though.

HS rules in most states call for a missed FG to be placed at the 20 or where the ball landed, whichever is furthest from the end zone.

Thanks. Our team just returned or blocked those line drive kicks instead. Don't see the strategy in that one? Think if you just punted it 15 yards out of bounds or an air ball would product better results.

Edited by Rockerbraves