[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Bowden Resigns as OC for FSU

Vote Quimby2

Feel bad for the guy. I'm not sure it's been all his fault, but a move has been way over due. Still think Bobby should retire. Anyways, I'm curious to see who they hire.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=607784

He made the right decision. Can't imagine his dad had anything to do with it, but deep down I think they both knew it wasn't working out.

Any idea who Florida State's top candidate is to replace him? Got to think that might be a fairly attractive job considering Bowden's age and their offensive minded history. I've heard Jimbo Fisher's name mentioned from LSU. Any others?

Yeah, I've heard Fisher's name a couple of times and would like the hire myself. I also keep hearing that Sexton will retire and Dickey and Mchale will be let go. We'll see.

it now looks like Jeff didn't resign, he was bought out. i'm glad he's gone but can't believe he was rewarded for sucking all this time. it's like the president and athletic director are just scared of king bobby. ridiculous.

and for those who thought jeff was being honorable (myself included) and stepping down look silly right now.

Jeff Bowden receives $537,000 buyoutAssociated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden received a $537,000 buyout from the school's boosters to resign.

The settlement was revealed Wednesday when the school released a copy of the agreement Bowden's attorneys reached with the university and its boosters. The resignation takes effect Nov. 26, a day after the season finale against Florida.

Bowden -- youngest son of head coach Bobby Bowden -- retains his present $141,000 salary until his contract expires next August. He will then receive annual payments of $107,500 until August 2012.

The agreement, dated Nov. 14, was signed by Jeff Bowden, whose legal first name is George, and Andy Miller, president of Seminole Boosters, Inc.

Bowden had been under fire for the past several years as Florida State's offense declined and his dad defended his performance.

But with Bobby Bowden's contract expiring in January of 2008, it was uncertain how the university was willing to negotiate an extension while Jeff Bowden remained on staff.

"It's just amazing," Bobby Bowden said Wednesday. "When things go wrong the first thing they blame is the offensive coordinator. That's kind of the game we Americans play."

The resignation takes effect Nov. 26, a day after the season finale against Florida.

woohoo! At least we get one more game to appreciate all that is Jeff Bowden.

And my 7-yr-old son wants to know why the woman's boobys keep bouncing in your avatar. (I take it as a good sign that he noticed.)

He woulda got a settlement regardless. Thats how those things work in all sports. Look at Larry Brown in the NBA. The guy makes a living on all the settlements he's made.

His contract was going to be up in August and he's paid five times his salary to leave. It's not like he had six more years left on contract. That's pretty different IMO from Brown who was in his first year of a contract.