[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vinny Testaverde?

Genetic Jackhammer

It's either Brady is really hurt, he took some hard hits on Sunday.

Or, they see something with Brady that a veteran QB might be able to help him overcome some of his "struggles" this year. Cassell is probably not someone that goes to Brady with suggestions and observations.

Maybe Testaverde will act like an assistant QB coach, that can go over the formation/defensive printouts during the game and have a headset on to be in tune with everything that's going on.

McDaniels 30 years old and is the OC and QB coach, being his first year as the OC, I'm not sure how much time he can devote to the QB coaching duties.

Maybe Testaverde will act like an assistant QB coach, that can go over the formation/defensive printouts during the game and have a headset on to be in tune with everything that's going on.

I'm as big a fan of Vinnie's as anyone, but he was never renowned for his cerebral talents.

M&M were talking about this on the way into work this morning. I agreed with what they said in that this is just an insurance policy. Brady is banged up and while Cassel is keeping the bench warm, it's nice to have a 3rd option. Testaverde is someone that they don't have to worry about giving them a ton of practice time to and they can just plug him in for a quarter or two if the need arises.