[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My sweetest victory ever!

LooGie

This game was more fun to watch than a real game and I got about as much pleasure out of it as I did when my Panthers beat a division foe on Primetime.

This is a very competitive 12 team IDP league, and we start 19 players with 6 bench spots, so the WW is always empty. I had already won all 3 of my other leagues, but this is my favorite league, and the one I care the most about. It's by far the most fun.

Going into Monday, I was down by 7 pts and was going up against Steve Smith. I had Galloway, Peppers and Gamble (i1 pt per tackle. 2 for sacks..blah blah)

I figured I had a decent shot, but I knew it would be close. My opponent thus far had the highest score of the week, and I had the 2nd highest. (170 to 163).

I watched my Panthers and tried to put the FF game out of my mind but I kept thinking about it. I finally broke down and went and checked the score in the 3rd. I was down by about 10. In the 4th Smitty scored that TD and I screamed "Screw FF, I need my Cats to win." And I meant it. It was worth the loss, but I checked anyway. But to my surprise, with Peppers and his sacks I was only down by 9 at this point. 189 to 180. I knew TB would be throwing and hopefully they would hit Galloway for a TD, and they still wouldn't win, but I would win my FF game. Plus I still had Peppers who could easily get another sack, or even a few tackles and with a Galloway TD, i'd have it clinched.

Galloway got hit for a few catches, but never scored, and Peppers didn't do anything. The game ended and my stat tracker said 189 to 183 (and some change. we do fractional) and even though my panthers had just won, and I won all 3 of my other leagues, I still was pretty upset. I kept thinking it wasn't over. I had to do something. I had 80pts on my bench, and if I would've started someone else, I would've killed him. But nothing changed, and I had to take a loss. It put me at 6-4. Unacceptable.

I dreamed all night about it. It really upset me. Something kept messing with my mind. How could Galloway, Peppers and Gamble not outscore Smith?

When I woke up, I ran right to my stat tracker. I had to make sure I had actually lost, and...

My record: 7-3

I just stared. I couldn't believe it. Did I wish it true?

Yes I did.

The powers that be went through the game and figured out that Peppers had 4 tackles that were unaccounted for, and the 2 INTs that Gradkowski threw..guess who made the tackles on the defender...

JOEY GALLOWAY.

6 PTS WHILE I SLEPT.

Final score:

LooGified: 189.65

Pimp Hand Strong: 189.55

.by a tenth of a point.

:D:D:bash:

In Fusion, IDP scoring, but tackles made by a player that is officially by an offensive player don't count.

Well i don't like that this week :D

in all seriousness, i think you should completely get pts for tackling by offensive players. Galloway's QB threw the ball and Galloway went out of his way to tackle the interceptor. (ok, maybe he fell on him, but still)

a tackle is a tackle. you get points for a defensive player who gets a td right?

Mine was similar, I needed 13 points from Galloway who had 12.2 or something with 7 minutes to go...I watched as the Panthers drove the ball down and just ate the clock for close to 5 minutes...thankfully, Smith scored a TD instead of running down more clock...when TB got the ball back all I needed was 1 catch to seal it for me and I got it in the end...nothing like needed a certain number from a guy on Monday night and getting it in the last minute of football for the week... :D