[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Delhomme vs. Grossmann

firesq

I don't understand why all the "so called experts" are so High on Delhomme and so Low on Grossman???

I follow both of these guys closely because they're both on my team. Grossman had "2" bad games out of "10"! Yet people call that inconsistant, sporadic? Every week for 5 weeks everybody was suprised when Grossman put up monster numbers just waiting for the wheels to come off. When he did have one bad game, everybody said "See!" Then he followed it up with 2 out of 3 great games (points wise). Meanwhile, Delhomme failed to break 200 yards in 50% of his games. And please don't tell me he's a reliable "stud" now that Smith is back. Two out of the last five games he has thrown for less than 200 yards and scored 1 or less TDs. As a matter of fact, he's only got 3 decent games all year compared to 7 for Grossman. Who's inconsistant?? Don't get me wrong, I don't have loyalty for either one of these guys, I'm just tired of all the talking heads and the sheep that follow them.

I don't understand why all the "so called experts" are so High on Delhomme and so Low on Grossman???

I follow both of these guys closely because they're both on my team. Grossman had "2" bad games out of "10"! Yet people call that inconsistant, sporadic? Every week for 5 weeks everybody was suprised when Grossman put up monster numbers just waiting for the wheels to come off. When he did have one bad game, everybody said "See!" Then he followed it up with 2 out of 3 great games (points wise). Meanwhile, Delhomme failed to break 200 yards in 50% of his games. And please don't tell me he's a reliable "stud" now that Smith is back. Two out of the last five games he has thrown for less than 200 yards and scored 1 or less TDs. As a matter of fact, he's only got 3 decent games all year compared to 7 for Grossman. Who's inconsistant?? Don't get me wrong, I don't have loyalty for either one of these guys, I'm just tired of all the talking heads and the sheep that follow them.

you're 100% correct. it's an issue of lingering perceptions. thankfully, my own lingering perception going back several years is that delhomme is at best a mediocre backup fantasy QB, so i don't have to worry about overrating him. :D

the one that baffles me a little is the notion that a lot of people still seem to have that grossman is a chump. this is a guy who may have a bad game from time to time (he's young), but he has the kinds of tools to be a fantasy monster in the mold of favre. i'm a little surprised more FF'ers aren't believers at this point.

While we're talkin Hype, lets address the biggest hype of all.........GARRARD??!!

This guy SUCKS! He averages less than 150 yards a game, he gets a few TDS in "ONE" game and he's the talk of the town. "Waiver wire phenom" This guy is the poor mans Michael Vick (very poor)

the one that baffles me a little is the notion that a lot of people still seem to have that grossman is a chump. this is a guy who may have a bad game from time to time (he's young), but he has the kinds of tools to be a fantasy monster in the mold of favre. i'm a little surprised more FF'ers aren't believers at this point.

I think there's a lot of people hoping he'll fall flat on his face but he's a decent QB, certainly the best the Bears have had since......well, a heck of a long time. He does have a tendency to pile error upon error when he has a bad start, which can lead to nightmare games but this is not surprising for a guy playing effectively his first real season.

Coincidentally, I have both him and Favre in one league and always struggle as to which one to start.

I like the guy. Second most passing TDs in the league at 17 (Manning and McNabb are tied for first). The guy has had two wretched games but this is his first full season as QB mind you. He's shown that he's got a great arm for bombs to Berrian, and great precision for the intermediate stuff. When he doesn't think twice about chunking the rock, I'm happy to have him as my backup/spot starter. When he starts going Bledsoe on me, that's when I worry.

If your season depends on Grossman than you might have a problem. But as far as a solid backup QB with upside, I'd pick Grossman over Delhomme every time.