[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why isn't Marion Barber III starting?

FishFreak

Barber gets the goal line touches, is the short yard back and third down back who appears to be a better receiver. So why then isn't he just starting? Parcells would do the fantasy world a big favor and put JJ owners out of their misery. Seriously, JJ has had durability issues and I'm wondering when/if the switch will ever be made.

But Jones has not had any durability issues this year and the Cowboys like him as the primary runner because he is much faster and can gain more yards on a run than Barber.

While I also like Barber over JJ for a number of reasons, the Cowboys rush offense is ranked 5th in the NFL. Both backs maintain their health, aren't overworked, and form a nice change of pace.

If it aint broke, don't fix it. Besides, Parcells could care less about FF.

I still think if you have both, you start MB3 over JJ. I made the rounds of my leagues this week, and in places were there are limited roster spots, MB3 was available in a couple. I snapped him up in exchange for the likes of Leon Washington and Laurence Maroney.

I think he will continue to see more carries than JJ as the season goes on. Dude runs hard, and is tough to bring down. JJ just never seems to shake that first hit. I don't know if you guys remember a RB named Palmer who came to Dallas from KC back in the late 80s (when they were really horrible), but JJ kind of reminds me of him. Good speed straight up the field, but easy to bring down.

I still think if you have both, you start MB3 over JJ. I made the rounds of my leagues this week, and in places were there are limited roster spots, MB3 was available in a couple. I snapped him up in exchange for the likes of Leon Washington and Laurence Maroney.

I think he will continue to see more carries than JJ as the season goes on. Dude runs hard, and is tough to bring down. JJ just never seems to shake that first hit. I don't know if you guys remember a RB named Palmer who came to Dallas from KC back in the late 80s (when they were really horrible), but JJ kind of reminds me of him. Good speed straight up the field, but easy to bring down.

Thats my biggest knock on JJ - he almost always goes down on first contact. Barber rarely goes down on first contact, and consistently breaks multiple tackles. Don't get me worng - JJ is a good back. He's quick and elusive. But Barber runs harder IMO, and I appreciate that more...