[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boycott Monday Night Football

rajncajn

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a one game boycott of Monday Night Football?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which game do you think would have the most impact

• N.Y. Giants at Jacksonville - Nov 20
    • Green Bay at Seattle - Nov 27
    • Carolina at Philadelphia - Dec 4
    • Chicago at St. Louis - Dec 11
    • Cincinnati at Indianapolis - Dec 15

Well Dallass has a game, but we can't very well ask fanatics to give up football on Christmas day.

All we can really hope for is Joe Theismann (rhymes with Heisman) and Kornyheiser get drunk on egg nog during the Christmas game and start throwing around racial slurs or something to get them off MNF.

All we can really hope for is Joe Theismann (rhymes with Heisman) and Kornyheiser get drunk on egg nog during the Christmas game and start throwing around racial slurs or something to get them off MNF.

Now see that I wouldn't mind a break from the game to see.

Not to sound like Tom Hanks in the movie, Big, but, "I don't get it."

You asked, "Which game do you think would have the most impact" (w/o question mark)

Impact for me?

Impact if it were boycott?

Impact on the rest of the season?

Impact on my academics?

I am not sure what you are asking for...

At the end of the day, I am on the couch, tired from my day, and I am thankful to be able to watch the game...there are many who are not able to watch for whatever reason, (military, hospital, line-of duty), so any ol' game will do, it is MNF for goodness sakes, not a BCS game or a play-off game....

Seems every year there is an outcry on these boards regarding the quality of football on T.V.....well here is a novel idea, read a book. (pun intended) If the MNF programming is such an issue, sign-up for a night class.....

Men and women are in harm's way, away from home, and folks are getting their undies twisted b/c of the game or b/c of the commentary....put it in perspective and be thankful.........

Just a suggestion.......

:D

The MNF crew is just fine. What do they say or do which is so bad? Tony K. talks about fantasy alot, which we all do, so where is the problem? Theisman has a sense of humor for 1 quarter and then it is gone...and :D I am not boycotting any of them. As usual I wish football season were longer. :D

The MNF crew is just fine. What do they say or do which is so bad? Tony K. talks about fantasy alot, which we all do, so where is the problem? Theisman has a sense of humor for 1 quarter and then it is gone...and :D I am not boycotting any of them. As usual I wish football season were longer. :D

Thanks Joe.

I doubt very much that ESPN or the NFL would care too much about a one-game boycott by hardcore football fans who don’t like the announcers or the fact that they spend half their time talking about non-game-related topics.

Now then, if the housewives of America launched a boycott because, for example:

“MNF is boring, all they ever talk about is football.”

ESPN would have a MAJOR problem with that! :D

G’luck.

I would but I can get it in HD on my 65" TV and it may suck but man it looks very good while it sucks.The same cannot be said for Sunday night football.NBC gets the great game every week but I cannot get it in HD in may area.

Someone else already mentioned this, but I have to say -- who would even KNOW if a bunch of people boycotted a MNF game? The only way ratings are calculated by Nielsen, I believe, is by a form of polling. The way I understand it, the only way ANYONE would know that ANYBODY boycotted a game is if the ratings company called them and asked them. So, a bunch of people would be tuning out for no reason.

If you are a fan of football you would not even suggest a boycott of a MNF. It is a matter of opinon on what is good or not. Just like the fact that I can only watch the southpark and family guy. IMO, those are the only 2 shows on tv. I do not count sporting events. Any of you that complain about the mnf crew that watch dancing with the stars or any other reality jamba juice programming don't have any credibility in my book.