[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU-UM

theeohiostate

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the correct call, i'm thankful it can't be disputed. Huge personal foul, that could cost them a chance at the game.

Yeah, I was ready to deem it ticky-tack, but that was no gimme. Your defense just has to play smarter than that in that situation.

Great game by the Buckeyes. All UM was able to do was keep it interesting; certainly no need for the Wolverines to hang their heads - they lost to the (slightly) better team.

UM losing to the number 1 team in the country on the road by only 3 has a great case to play in the NC game, i'd just rather not see them there.

Here's hoping for USC, i think USC and OSU have been the best 2 teams in the nation over the span of the last 5 seasons.

Still a bit of football to be played, but here's an interesting scenario:

- OSU wins national title game and finishes #1;

- Michigan falls to maybe 5 or 6 following this loss - say USC wins out, and Fla loses the SEC title game to Arkansas, that means ND and UF drop out of the top 5, UM goes back up #3, moves to #2 after OSU beats SC in the title game.

- Wisconsin is sitting at #9 and done until the Capital One bowl - however, the teams in front of them aren't. WVU-Rutgers loser falls out of the top 10 - UW is up to #8. Ark/UF loser falls below them, they're up to #7. ND gets crushed by SC, they fall behind the Badgers, up to #6. After winning against whomever in the bowl game, they are up to #5. Michigan stomps Arkansas, they move up to #4. And depending on how badly OSU beats USC in this scenario, they could end up #3.

Unlikely (mainly because I think UW ends up getting stomped by LSU in the Capital One Bowl), but I DO like the thought of a Big Ten 1-2-3 finish.

A rematch might be a nice idea, and some might still consider UM to be the second-best team in the country, but I've heard a couple of people say this on ESPN (and I agree), a team should at least have to win their conference to play in the national championship game. Also, I think it would be difficult for a rematch to live up to this game.

Still a bit of football to be played, but here's an interesting scenario:

- OSU wins national title game and finishes #1;

- Michigan falls to maybe 5 or 6 following this loss - say USC wins out, and Fla loses the SEC title game to Arkansas, that means ND and UF drop out of the top 5, UM goes back up #3, moves to #2 after OSU beats SC in the title game.

- Wisconsin is sitting at #9 and done until the Capital One bowl - however, the teams in front of them aren't. WVU-Rutgers loser falls out of the top 10 - UW is up to #8. Ark/UF loser falls below them, they're up to #7. ND gets crushed by SC, they fall behind the Badgers, up to #6. After winning against whomever in the bowl game, they are up to #5. Michigan stomps Arkansas, they move up to #4. And depending on how badly OSU beats USC in this scenario, they could end up #3.

Unlikely (mainly because I think UW ends up getting stomped by LSU in the Capital One Bowl), but I DO like the thought of a Big Ten 1-2-3 finish.

You've put alot of though into this, haven't you? :D

I haven't seen UW play this season, but they do only have one loss to UM on the road, so i'd say their a very solid team. They aren't getting much hype, but could land a nice bowl and win against a team like LSU.

A rematch might be a nice idea, and some might still consider UM to be the second-best team in the country, but I've heard a couple of people say this on ESPN (and I agree), a team should at least have to win their conference to play in the national championship game. Also, I think it would be difficult for a rematch to live up to this game.

Last time I checked the LiL10 North doesnt have a Conf. championship game so how in the hell are they the Big 10 chumps???????? Wisc is palying really well, in a conf such as the big ten the reason for a conf champion ship is to assure everyone concerned who the outright champ is. If theres two divisions, the winners of the two div's face off then its the best vs the best, its like a playoff, if you dont play all your conf foes how are you the champ without a championship game?????? JMO!!!!!

Last time I checked the LiL10 North doesnt have a Conf. championship game so how in the hell are they the Big 10 chumps? Wisc is palying really well, in a conf such as the big ten the reason for a conf champion ship is to assure everyone concerned who the outright champ is. If theres two divisions, the winners of the two div's face off then its the best vs the best, its like a playoff, if you dont play all your conf foes how are you the champ without a championship game?

It worked pretty well for all concerned until the Big 12 decided to go for a money grab.

Anyone who thinks that a conference title game is anything BUT a quick way to soak the fans/networks for few more easy millions is fooling themselves. What, exactly, is the Big 12 proving by putting their usually miserable North champion in that title game? Not much.

And while I'm as big a UW fan as the next guy, they are a notch, maybe two, below Ohio State. Granted, weird stuff can happen when you roll the balls out there, but OSU would beat them as convincingly as UM did, probably more so.

You've put alot of though into this, haven't you? :D

It was more an outgrowth of me thinking about how it would need to play out for UW to get a top-5 finish. What's funny is that over the next 2 weeks, UW stands a good chance of moving up from #9 to #6 BY NOT DOING ANYTHING. UM will drop to 6 at worst and move back up for the same reason.

But hey, this BCS system works great, why would anyone want to change it?

Edited by Chavez

It worked pretty well for all concerned until the Big 12 decided to go for a money grab.

Anyone who thinks that a conference title game is anything BUT a quick way to soak the fans/networks for few more easy millions is fooling themselves. What, exactly, is the Big 12 proving by putting their usually miserable North champion in that title game? Not much.

And while I'm as big a UW fan as the next guy, they are a notch, maybe two, below Ohio State. Granted, weird stuff can happen when you roll the balls out there, but OSU would beat them as convincingly as UM did, probably more so.

Geee a$$clown if you will remember the lonely little north team K state put an a$$ whoppin on my Sooners when we were undeafeted!!! who was the Big 12 champ that year??? K State was, and they deserved it, they whopped are butts. So to crown a champion without a championship game is just stupid!!!!! If the UW was to play OSU, or UM again depending on the divsions, or whomever was the oppiste div's winner and OSU lost are they div champs???? Answer = HELL NO!!!!!!!

if you dont play all your conf foes how are you the champ without a championship game?????? JMO!!!!!

That's the way it used to be in all conferences. It's old school. Before there were conference championships, the team that had the best record in the conference was the champion, period. Nobody had a problem with that. Just because this OSU-UM game wasn't officially called something like "The Big Ten Championship sponsored by Nasonex" doesn't make it any less important or meaningful like the SEC or Big 12 title games. This was, in truth, the Big Ten championship game between the top two teams in the conference. What's the big deal? Besides, there are times that the two teams in the conference championship games aren't the two best teams in the conference (which is usually the case in the Big 12).

That's the way it used to be in all conferences. It's old school. Before there were conference championships, the team that had the best record in the conference was the champion, period. Nobody had a problem with that. Just because this OSU-UM game wasn't officially called something like "The Big Ten Championship sponsored by Nasonex" doesn't make it any less important or meaningful like the SEC or Big 12 title games. This was, in truth, the Big Ten championship game between the top two teams in the conference. What's the big deal? Besides, there are times that the two teams in the conference championship games aren't the two best teams in the conference (which is usually the case in the Big 12).

Amen. Sing it again, sister.

Amen. Sing it again, sister.

+1

All the conference championship games do, is pad the pockets of the conferences and give the BCS more leverage to say a playoff system would be too many games.

Get rid of these conference championships and lets get an 8 team playoff.

Last time I checked the LiL10 North doesnt have a Conf. championship game so how in the hell are they the Big 10 chumps???????? Wisc is palying really well, in a conf such as the big ten the reason for a conf champion ship is to assure everyone concerned who the outright champ is. If theres two divisions, the winners of the two div's face off then its the best vs the best, its like a playoff, if you dont play all your conf foes how are you the champ without a championship game?????? JMO!!!!!

A. By Rule, you must have at least 12 teams in your conference to have a championship game

B. All it is is to earn more money for conferences DESPERTATELY trying to keep up with the Big Ten and Pac 10 who control most all of the major markets. Why do you think the ACC worked so hard? You think it was to make there conference "more competitive"? No It's cuz they need the money to keep up with the powerhouse known as the Big Ten. Don't believe me? Look at the Big money bowl pay outs, and tell me what conference is involved?

C. You use this argument all the time, yet it holds no water whatsoever. I fail to see how this proves other conferences are a joke because they don't have a championship game due to it BEING A RULE. I personally think the only joke are conference title games.

A. By Rule, you must have at least 12 teams in your conference to have a championship game

B. All it is is to earn more money for conferences DESPERTATELY trying to keep up with the Big Ten and Pac 10 who control most all of the major markets. Why do you think the ACC worked so hard? You think it was to make there conference "more competitive"? No It's cuz they need the money to keep up with the powerhouse known as the Big Ten. Don't believe me? Look at the Big money bowl pay outs, and tell me what conference is involved?

C. You use this argument all the time, yet it holds no water whatsoever. I fail to see how this proves other conferences are a joke because they don't have a championship game due to it BEING A RULE. I personally think the only joke are conference title games.

I think you are absolutely correct. The championship game thing is all about money, which is the same reason there won't ever be a playoff system. Too much money involved in the bowl games.

I think you are absolutely correct. The championship game thing is all about money, which is the same reason there won't ever be a playoff system. Too much money involved in the bowl games.

I disagree with this. There would be WAY more money available for a playoff. (See NCAA basketball tourney)

UM losing to the number 1 team in the country on the road by only 3 has a great case to play in the NC game, i'd just rather not see them there.

Here's hoping for USC, i think USC and OSU have been the best 2 teams in the nation over the span of the last 5 seasons.

I agree...to a point. For USC, it's been the past 4 years. They have not looked that good this year. And IF they beat ND next week and make it to the NC game, OSU will expose that in a BIG way. And if ND beats USC and goes to the big game; OSU will clean their clocks. Michigan is clearly the 2nd best team in the country. But you can't lose the last game of the season and expect to stay ahead of other 1 loss teams. JMO.

Can't believe this. Conference championships are the closest thing college football has to a playoff system and you guys want to bash it? Wow that's unbelievable! As an SEC fan I love our conference championship game. At least we settle our championship on the field.

that call was BS...hate to see a game decided by the refs..........there was no way he was completing a pass there...ridiculous

What does completing have pass have to do with a personal foul?

Your joking...........right? I mean he was a yard out of bounds and it was helmet to helmet.

Blind homer :D

At least that was the correct call, the PI called on the Bucks on 3rd and long to set up a SCum score was the BS call your looking for. :bash:

:D

Edited by theeohiostate