[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's NFL policy on injury reports?

FishFreak

Forget about fantasy for a second. How is it Shanny can upgrade Tatum Bell to probable on the injury report late this week and now come gametime today he's inactive in street clothes? That's just not right in the spirit of fair play. He was obviously deceiving the Chargers to get a competitive advantage. If coaches can pull this BS every week with injury reports then why even list injury reports to begin with? The NFL needs to come down on teams for this and start administering heavy fines. If players get fined for wearing the wrong colors, celebrating, etc. then where is the justice in stopping these false injury reports?

Anymore and there are basically 3 levels for a player: 100% healthy, injured, and out. Get rid of the doubtful, questionable, and probable. The difference in them mean little anymore. There are times when a probable doesn't even dress, let alone play. There are also times that a doubtful starts and turns into an absolute monster game and everyone wonders why they were on the list.

Let me guess, this is your first season with a Denver RB on your roster? :D

I had Portis a few years ago along with M. Bell this year. Shanny however, seems to be getting more devious as fantasy football grows in popularity. Outside of my selfish fantasy reasons, I really think the injury report deception in the NFL is a flat out joke right now.

I had Portis a few years ago along with M. Bell this year. Shanny however, seems to be getting more devious as fantasy football grows in popularity. Outside of my selfish fantasy reasons, I really think the injury report deception in the NFL is a flat out joke right now.

theres no way you can say that if you're not thinking fantasy wise. the injury report is broke down into wordage used to portray possible playing percentage. Ie: probable is 75%, Questionable is 50% and doubtful is 25%.

the coaches do not have to call up the injury report makers a half hour before the game and say "well, he still looks like crap, so i know i told you he was iffy, but he's out now". it's obviously for a competitive advantage, but there's no reason to see anything wrong with it.

I personally enjoy a coach that has the where-with-all to use every single aspect of the game to their advantage.

I would be so lost as an HC, and so worried about a game, I wouldn't even be able to take the time to figure out if saying my RB was iffy when he wasn't would even help me. I'd just say it and be done with it.

when Belichik or Shannahan utilize this tactic, I applaud them and often find myself idolizing them.

Not to mention a coach has the right to bench a player for no-god-damned-good-reason if they feel the need. Now, if they list him as "out" and he plays, it's a big time fine.

Also, coaches have to list them if they miss even one snap of practice. (or maybe it's a percentage of the snaps) so coaches will often have a player sit out on purpose just so they can list them.