[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

games on the nfl network

alwaysrocking

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Satelite only goes out when it is like a monsoon outside. I don't understand why people use that argument either.

I've had satelite and lost my picture too often in a brisk breeze. I got rid of it and switched to digital cable. I'm much happier now and still have NFL Network.

ok folks here's a thought or two about the nfl network, games on broadcast tv, cable tv and pay tv. or pay per view tv.

many years have passed, but few remember now the hearings involved in congress in the late 60's when the us congress and the president of the us signed a law giving the nfl exemption from the anti-trust laws. the law was passed to allow the merger of the "new" AFL with the "old" NFL without a lawsuit. as result of this exemption the NFL (the survivor of the merger) made certain promises regarding television.

such as:

games will be available on broadcast stations in local markets (with sellouts at home, which was a later addition to the law)

and, now get this, THE SUPER BOWL WILL BE ON BROADCAST (FREE) TV.

well, the technology is here for the NFL to have their own network, broadcast games for their own direct profit, and still feed local tv outlets the games to broadcast to conform with the law. but if you want to see another game outside your market, well you can pay for the NFL package. and with the NFL network you indirectly pay via the provider a subscription fee.

well, that's the way it is now.

but, there's a lot of big, really big bucks involved here. this is the begining of the diversification of charging the football fan to see a variety of games outside the NFL promised local market agreement.

the big plum is NFL PLAYOFFS, and the SUPER BOWL.

now i'm going to speculate a bit.

the long range wish for the bean counters, owners, and marketers in the NFL is to find a way to put the playoffs and super bowl on pay-per-view tv.

you know and i know that we'd pay a princely price to see the super bowl on tv. however, the NFL made this promise a long, long, time ago that they'd like to forget, and hope we forget, too.

i hope you don't forget.

meanwhile, the NFL will continue to expand revenue streams. look for tues, wed, fri, maybe even sat games on cable, satellite, or pay-per-view. hey, if boxing revenues for pay-per-view bouts are lucrative, imagine how the bean counters in the NFL are salivating about the new technologies and possibilties of tv.

:D

I've had satelite and lost my picture too often in a brisk breeze. I got rid of it and switched to digital cable. I'm much happier now and still have NFL Network.

I used to have that problem when I had satellite also. The company upgraded me to a larger dish because I complained when it got too windy, or it rained I would have reception issues. I live on the west coast so I hear that its more of an issue here because of the low angle the dishes are pointed. Folks in the midwest or east coast don't have as much of a problem.

ok folks here's a thought or two about the nfl network, games on broadcast tv, cable tv and pay tv. or pay per view tv.

many years have passed, but few remember now the hearings involved in congress in the late 60's when the us congress and the president of the us signed a law giving the nfl exemption from the anti-trust laws. the law was passed to allow the merger of the "new" AFL with the "old" NFL without a lawsuit. as result of this exemption the NFL (the survivor of the merger) made certain promises regarding television.

such as:

games will be available on broadcast stations in local markets (with sellouts at home, which was a later addition to the law)

and, now get this, THE SUPER BOWL WILL BE ON BROADCAST (FREE) TV.

well, the technology is here for the NFL to have their own network, broadcast games for their own direct profit, and still feed local tv outlets the games to broadcast to conform with the law. but if you want to see another game outside your market, well you can pay for the NFL package. and with the NFL network you indirectly pay via the provider a subscription fee.

well, that's the way it is now.

but, there's a lot of big, really big bucks involved here. this is the begining of the diversification of charging the football fan to see a variety of games outside the NFL promised local market agreement.

the big plum is NFL PLAYOFFS, and the SUPER BOWL.

now i'm going to speculate a bit.

the long range wish for the bean counters, owners, and marketers in the NFL is to find a way to put the playoffs and super bowl on pay-per-view tv.

you know and i know that we'd pay a princely price to see the super bowl on tv. however, the NFL made this promise a long, long, time ago that they'd like to forget, and hope we forget, too.

i hope you don't forget.

meanwhile, the NFL will continue to expand revenue streams. look for tues, wed, fri, maybe even sat games on cable, satellite, or pay-per-view. hey, if boxing revenues for pay-per-view bouts are lucrative, imagine how the bean counters in the NFL are salivating about the new technologies and possibilties of tv.

:D

why would they go and screw with the most watched event of the year in the super bowl? they get mega money for advertisements and mega money for a tv company to air it. they would lose significant advertising money putting it on ppv. sorry, but that just isnt going to happen.