[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The overrated QB post

Duchess Jack

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best of these? ((4 points))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper
  2. 2. Who is the second best of these? ((3 points))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper
  3. 3. Who is the third best of these? ((2 points))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper
  4. 4. Who is the fourth best of these? ((1 point))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper

Outside of Plummer ((I was making the poll, more diverse)) I don't think there are any QBs more argued about. Folk will argue about Manning over Brady or Brady over Manning, but I don't think anyone can argue that they are for real.

I am curious as to how the points will work out.

He made it to 4th in my votes.

Same with me. When it came down to Plummer or McNabb as least over-rated, I had to go with Plummer. McNabb has developed into a top QB in the NFL. That PHI was where it was with little effective running game & a spotty D is testimony to how good McNabb can be.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I took this poll as a overall type of thing. Sure Culpepper sucked last year and didn't improve too much this year, however I attribute most of this year to learning a new offense and coming back from injury. I cannot honestly see how someone can think that Jake Plummer is better (career-wise) for a QB than Culpepper. I guess in a few years we will see ... but it ain't no news flash that Plummer stinks.

If you check the career stats that backs it up. CPep has better completion %, a better td-int ration, and better qb rating ... but the real clincher is he doesn't drive one of these.

edit to add: before you say i'm just a dolphins homer who is still goo-goo over Cpep, i would have much rather had Brees

Edited by junebugz

I took this poll as a overall type of thing. Sure Culpepper sucked last year and didn't improve too much this year, however I attribute most of this year to learning a new offense and coming back from injury. I cannot honestly see how someone can think that Jake Plummer is better (career-wise) for a QB than Culpepper. I guess in a few years we will see ... but it ain't no news flash that Plummer stinks.

If you check the career stats that backs it up. CPep has better completion %, a better td-int ration, and better qb rating ... but the real clincher is he doesn't drive one of these.

edit to add: before you say i'm just a dolphins homer who is still goo-goo over Cpep, i would have much rather had Brees

looked at it as current level of talent... culp seems washed up imo. joey came in and did much better "learning the new system" that dante had more time to absorb. with the offensive talent, dante should have done much better. jake at least helped (or didn't hurt) den get to the afc championship last year.

edit: and don't forget that dante had moss, carter, smith in minn. jake had a good wr in moore, but it takes a lot more to excell.

Edited by Bier Meister

eh, maybe so. cpep needs to prove a thing or two before i beleive he's still a good, or even passable, QB. maybe he will but right now his stock is pretty low. he definitely has more upside than plummer though.

the most overrated QB by far is Vick. Come on, he's the highest paid, and the fans are slobbing all over him all the time, regardless of his passer rating, passing yardage...hell passing ABILITY. He's a tool, a doouche and probably a rapist.

Well, he may not be, but he certainly ain't a good QB.

Edited by LooGie

looked at it as current level of talent... culp seems washed up imo. joey came in and did much better "learning the new system" that dante had more time to absorb. with the offensive talent, dante should have done much better. jake at least helped (or didn't hurt) den get to the afc championship last year.

edit: and don't forget that dante had moss, carter, smith in minn. jake had a good wr in moore, but it takes a lot more to excell.

you have to take into account that joey is a lot smarter than cpep ... so naturally he should pick up on a system faster. my point was that if we are talking careers cpep would be a better option than plummer. does moss help that, certainly, but it is what it is. what is jake doing to help den go back to the afc championship this year? he certainly is not the main cause of their winning record.

if the question was who would you pick as your starter right now ... the results would be different as nobody is going to pick an injured mcnabb and rehabilitating cpep over any of the other three "healthy" QB's

i know people are down on cpep because of turning the ball over (among a few other reasons), but he has a greater than 1.5:1 td-int ratio (137-89) compared to Plummer's 1:1 (160-159). so plummer has managed to throw 70 more int's in only 2 years more playing time ... not exactly what i would want out of a QB ... granted i am only looking at stats and giving cpep the benefit of the doubt that he still has some gas left in his tank, but i would think he would have a hard time catching up to plummer's statline ineffectiveness.