[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The overrated QB post

Duchess Jack

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best of these? ((4 points))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper
  2. 2. Who is the second best of these? ((3 points))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper
  3. 3. Who is the third best of these? ((2 points))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper
  4. 4. Who is the fourth best of these? ((1 point))

• McNabb
    • Roethlisberger
    • Vick
    • Plummer
    • Culpepper

you have to take into account that joey is a lot smarter than cpep ... so naturally he should pick up on a system faster. my point was that if we are talking careers cpep would be a better option than plummer. does moss help that, certainly, but it is what it is. what is jake doing to help den go back to the afc championship this year? he certainly is not the main cause of their winning record.

why would you think that dutchess jack is asking about careers? it seems that this is about ranking the qb's... even joey has demonstrated a better grasp of a new offense than culp. back to culp vs plummer.... in most offenses i would still take plummer over culpepper. jake is doing a god awefull job this year- a big regression imo, and the broncos are winning in spite of him. but looking at culp's last few, he seems even uglier than plummer.

if the question was who would you pick as your starter right now ... the results would be different as nobody is going to pick an injured mcnabb and rehabilitating cpep over any of the other three "healthy" QB's

i know people are down on cpep because of turning the ball over (among a few other reasons), but he has a greater than 1.5:1 td-int ratio (137-89) compared to Plummer's 1:1 (160-159). so plummer has managed to throw 70 more int's in only 2 years more playing time ... not exactly what i would want out of a QB ... granted i am only looking at stats and giving cpep the benefit of the doubt that he still has some gas left in his tank, but i would think he would have a hard time catching up to plummer's statline ineffectiveness.

remind me how old you are and how many cardinal games you watched... they were horrific. that plummer got them to the playoffs, and actually win a game (vs dallas i believe) was pretty awesome. i am certain that given the wheels of that min scoring machine his numbers would be better. of coarse i thought he would do that with denver, but shanny has been conservative with him (rightfully so) and last year he was a decent game manager with a little scrambling ability.

Edited by Bier Meister

I've been told that unless you have watched every play of every game by a QB you are not qualified to determine how good or bad that QB is ... apparently bad stats aren't always bad.

You're finally gettin' it you loveable old Alzhiemr befuddled buffon.

And they say they can't teach an old dog new tricks :D

Let me take your mind off of Vick...

Dennis Green

:bash:

:D

edit: and what's worse is the dirty basturd just won a game, so he might have deflected the attention for another few weeks...aaaarrrrghhhh...you got me going... :D I fell for it, and i knew what you were doing...i posted, left the thread, and came back just to start ranting...dammit.

Edited by LooGie