[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any update on Colston?

Scourge

Anyone know how serious that ankle is yet?

On Sirius they interviewed Sean Payton. He said it isnt a high sprain, but its a sprain none the less. Id guess he'd be out at least one game, but thats just me thinking what it feels like after Ive sprained my ankle. Im not a pro athlete though...

METAIRIE, La. -- Saints leading receiver Marques Colston is day-to-day after sparining his left ankle during Sunday's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Sean Payton said Monday.

"We'll treat it and see how much pressure he can put on it," Payton said during his weekly media conference on Monday. "It's just a matter how much weight it can support and how quickly he can come back off of it. Each day we'll get an idea maybe a little bit of his progress."

from rotowire (by way of the AP)

Colston is listed as day-to-day with a sprained left ankle that he sustained in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, the Associated Press reports. "We'll treat it and see how much pressure he can put on it," Saints coach Sean Payton said Monday. "It's just a matter how much weight it can support and how quickly he can come back off of it. Each day we'll get an idea maybe a little bit of his progress." Initial reports were that the wideout suffered a high ankle sprain, which is generally a problematic injury that takes time to heal fully. We'll track this situation closely as the week rolls along.

Yea, isnt that type of injury usually at least 2-3 weeks? I'm very surprised to be reading the day to day reports.

For high ankle sprains thats how I have always seen it. Always says "we will treat it and see how it responds". Because alot has to do with how much pain the guy can tolerate. Its painful as hell and will affect his performance the next few weeks no doubt if he does play.

From Will Carroll from ESPN. Sorry no link.

The reports are better on Marques Colston than they were initially. Taken off the field with what was called a high ankle sprain, the injury is actually a moderate "low" ankle sprain. I put low in quotes since the ankle isn't high and low, but the terminology has made it unclear. Maybe "classic ankle sprain" is a better term. Colston's injury was initially misreported due to the way the trainers were treating it, casing the whole lower leg in ice. This is actually normal treatment for this type of injury, attempting to keep the swelling to a minimum. Colston's future will be told by his response to treatment. If things go well, we should see him back at practice, at least on a limited basis, by Friday. Have your options -- like Devery Henderson or Terrance Copper -- at the ready.

Edited by Tally

For high ankle sprains thats how I have always seen it. Always says "we will treat it and see how it responds". Because alot has to do with how much pain the guy can tolerate. Its painful as hell and will affect his performance the next few weeks no doubt if he does play.

From Will Carroll from ESPN. Sorry no link.

The reports are better on Marques Colston than they were initially. Taken off the field with what was called a high ankle sprain, the injury is actually a moderate "low" ankle sprain. I put low in quotes since the ankle isn't high and low, but the terminology has made it unclear. Maybe "classic ankle sprain" is a better term. Colston's injury was initially misreported due to the way the trainers were treating it, casing the whole lower leg in ice. This is actually normal treatment for this type of injury, attempting to keep the swelling to a minimum. Colston's future will be told by his response to treatment. If things go well, we should see him back at practice, at least on a limited basis, by Friday. Have your options -- like Devery Henderson or Terrance Copper -- at the ready.

Based on these reports I would go ahead & plan on not having Colston at least for this week. If he doesn't practice til Friday it's very likely Payton will hold him out as he has done with Joe Horn & Jamal Brown previously. Copper will likely not be an option either since he is also dealing with an ankle sprain. I'd look for your starting lineup to be Joe, Devery, Jamal Jones & Lance Moore in that order.

Based on these reports I would go ahead & plan on not having Colston at least for this week. If he doesn't practice til Friday it's very likely Payton will hold him out as he has done with Joe Horn & Jamal Brown previously. Copper will likely not be an option either since he is also dealing with an ankle sprain. I'd look for your starting lineup to be Joe, Devery, Jamal Jones & Lance Moore in that order.

I have both Colston and Copper :D and Dervey is not available. So I very well may need to pick up someone to cover that spot. It doesn’t look like Jamal Jones or Lance Moore have much info on them. Do you have any additional insight on these players? Do you really think they can produce? It feels like a hell of a crap shoot with the playoffs on the line but my league is deep and my best WW options are guys like Wilford. S. Parker and T. Taylor so I just may have to take a chance like this.

Stecker has actually been the 4th receiver in the 4 WR packages the past couple of weeks. On his coach's show last night, Payton hinted at Michael Lewis getting time at WR this week as well. If they promote Moore from the P.S. tomorrow or Thursday, that should tell us alot.