[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

yankee22ap

I have two teams in my league that proposed the following trade.

Team A gives Lee Evans to Team B and gets Tiki Barber.

Team A is fighting for a playoff spot. Team B is already out of it and has nothing to gain from a trade. Team B says he wants to be a spoiler down the road. Might I add that these two are really good friends. Here are their rosters.

Team A

J Kitna

R Grossman

M Bulger

S Gado

T Bell

R Bush

J Fargas

G Jennings

T Owens

D Driver

A Johnson

C Johnson

L Evans

C Cooley

J Stevens

J Kasay

D Dolphins

D Panthers

Team B

M Hasselbeck

T Romo

B Favre

A Thomas

T Barber

M Jones-Drew

W McGahee

L Washington

F Taylor

M Harrison

D Mason

D Branch

S Moss

M Clayton

D Clark

T Heap

N Rackers

D Giants

D Bills

As you can see Team A has no running game because of a bad draft and Portis going down. He only had 3 RBs. My question is should this trade have been allowed? Evans just had the game of his life and scored 61pts as per our scoring system. Tiki had one if not the worst game of his life. The two are pretty equal in total fantsy points. What do you guys think?

Edited by yankee22ap

boy do I hate cheaters...

I have never seen a year where there have been so many "should this trade be allowed questions." Is there something in the water???

All trades should be allowed unless collusion (cheating) takes place. Grow a pair and stop being afraid of what the other team does. He asked and he got. Case closed.

Edited by The Wolf

I have never seen a year where there have been so many "should this trade be allowed questions." Is there something in the water???

All trades should be allowed unless collusion (cheating) takes place. Grow a pair and stop being afraid of what the other team does. He asked and he got. Case closed.

exactly...but I still hate cheaters...

down with the cheaters forever

It's a reasonable trade. Tiki's value has dropped some recently & Evans has increased some since the first couple of weeks of the season. You yourself have said they are almost equivalent in FF points in your league.

'tis not the season to be a Grinch & manage others' teams.

It's a reasonable trade. Tiki's value has dropped some recently & Evans has increased some since the first couple of weeks of the season. You yourself have said they are almost equivalent in FF points in your league.

'tis not the season to be a Grinch & manage others' teams.

It is a reasonable trade if both teams have something to play for.Team A is in 2nd place and Team B is in last place in that division with no chance of making the playoffs. So why would he Trade Tiki for Evans if he wasn't trying to help out a friend?

Edited by yankee22ap

One thing that can really make a difference in this one is whether or not it is a keeper league. If it its a keeper league then the guy trading Tiki away is making a pretty smart move to get something for Tiki before he retires. Even if it isn't a keeper, its not that bad, IMO.

It is a reasonable trade if both teams have something to play for.Team A is in 2nd place and Team B is in last place in that division with no chance of making the playoffs. So why would he Trade Tiki for Evans if he wasn't trying to help out a friend?

There's your problem...you're trying to rationalize why someone would make a trade. You can't possibly get in someone's head so why bother? Unless you know for sure that they're cheating, the trade has to go thru.

I agree...the board seems inundated (sp) this year...

You don't get to make that decision, you arrogant *****. Quite frankly, it's not your call, teams still have the right to try to improve themselves as they see fit whether you think they have something to play for or not. Even if the trade is collusive (which it shall be noted you have not one iota of evidence that it is), the players - as you so clearly stated yourself - are scoring so closely regarding FF pts scored that it ought to go through anyhow.

Let someone else be commish next year. You aren't qualified.

Edited by Bronco Billy

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: The Wolf, Sam, yankee22ap

yankee22ap, you started this thread and you've been in here for a while. You've also been kinda quiet. Is what we're saying making any sense to you?

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: The Wolf, Sam, yankee22ap

yankee22ap, you started this thread and you've been in here for a while. You've also been kinda quiet. Is what we're saying making any sense to you?

I really haven't been here watching the whole time, but I do thank you all for you words of wisdom.

i don't think teams mathematically eliminated from the playoffs should be able to trade, in Re-Draft Leagues. Why? What's the point of it? What is their reasoning? I can't find a legit answer to any of these questions when i ask them?

Spoiler? Yes, for the rest of the teams bying for a playoff bid, giving away a top 4 pick. :D

As commish, i'd veto it, based on the fact he's out of the hunt and the only thing that can be acheived here, is making the league less appealing for returning owners, by allowing deals to go down between teams in these circumstances.

Edited by theeohiostate

i don't think teams mathematically eliminated from the playoffs should be able to trade, in Re-Draft Leagues. Why? What's the point of it? What is their reasoning? I can't find a legit answer to any of these questions when i ask them?

Spoiler? Yes, for the rest of the teams bying for a playoff bid, giving away a top 4 pick. :D

As commish, i'd veto it, based on the fact he's out of the hunt and the only thing that can be acheived here, is making the league less appealing for returning owners, by allowing deals to go down between teams in these circumstances.

Thank you I totally agree!

Yeah, that's great. Limit owners from trying to better their teams as soon as they are eliminated so that they can't put their best possible team on the field and compete at an equal level with other teams. That sure makes for fair & equitable competition for the entire season.

How enlightened.

I can't help but think that you enlightened commishes are refunding a pro-rated portion of their dues from the time that you don't allow them to compete on an even playing field with other owners and forward, right?

Come to think of it, owners that are eliminated should have their rights revoked to submit a lineup from that time forward, and smart commishes like you guys should be submitting their lineups for them, since you are all so much superior at FF than they are.

:D

Edited by Bronco Billy

Yeah, that's great. Limit owners from trying to better their teams as soon as they are eliminated so that they can't put their best possible team on the field and compete at an equal level with other teams. That sure makes for fair & equitable competition for the entire season.

How enlightened.

I can't help but think that you enlightened commishes are refunding a pro-rated portion of their dues from the time that you don't allow them to compete on an even playing field with other owners and forward, right?

Come to think of it, owners that are eliminated should have their rights revoked to submit a lineup from that time forward, and smart commishes like you guys should be submitting their lineups for them, since you are all so much superior at FF than they are.

:D

:bash: My rules have it specified as such.

Furthermore, any FF owner with an ethical bone in their body that knows they can't make the playoffs would shy away from trading off their #1 pick to a contender. That crap is BS and if your the kind of owner that would pull off a deal with a buddy in these circumstances then :D