[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plummer going over the edge

Bronco Billy

Liked what he said about the only thing that matters is the "W"

May sound like BS but that will silence most fans except those who play FF.

It does sound like BS, and only because it is, and not just to FF owners. If Plummer is playing so poorly in comparison to his peers, which is obvious to anyone who has even a modicum of sense regarding statistics, it means the team is winning despite him, not because of him. Plummer is the anchor on what could otherwise be a favorite to win the SB this year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound like BS, and only because it is, and not just to FF owners. If Plummer is playing so poorly in comparison to his peers, which is obvious to anyone who has even a modicum of sense regarding statistics, it means the team is winning despite him, not because of him. Plummer is the anchor on what could otherwise be a favorite to win the SB this year.

Not defending playing Plummer just thought his comment was right on the money. Winning is the best way to silence the critics. You can't deny that.

Not defending playing Plummer just thought his comment was right on the money. Winning is the best way to silence the critics. You can't deny that.

True but I'd liken the Broncos to Denver as the Yankees are here in New York. It does not matter how many seasons you go 12-4 or 98-64 if you do not win the championship.

By the looks of the way the team is playing, that team could contend if they can settle on one runner (MikeBellMikeBellMikeBell...) and if Plummer can play much, much better.

Edited by The Wolf

I can when I look at DEN's playoff record under Plummer, or the fact that DEN has lost at home vs IND & SD recently and now has a short week to play in KC, where they traditionally oh poopy the bed and then go to 2 weeks afterwards to SD, when SD's D will be significantly better with Merriman back. If DEN doesn't come up with at least 1 major upset in the next 3 weeks at either KC or SD, they're looking squarely at a WC birth at best, a trip back east in the 1st round, and yet another early playoff exit.

Woo-hoo.

Jake needs to shut the F up and play. How ironic that somebody who adamantly touts himself as "not an idiot" acts like one in an attempt to prove his point.

I get the impression that the average fan in Denver thinks that QBs like Elway grow on trees. They need to take a "reality check" vacation in Chicago, where the best QBs they've had over the past decade are Grossman and Erik Kramer.

Jake needs to shut the F up and play. How ironic that somebody who adamantly touts himself as "not an idiot" acts like one in an attempt to prove his point.

I get the impression that the average fan in Denver thinks that QBs like Elway grow on trees. They need to take a "reality check" vacation in Chicago, where the best QBs they've had over the past decade are Grossman and Erik Kramer.

:D

I don't know if any team has suffered more at QB than CHI over the history of the NFL.

I don't think anyone here is DEN is expecting Plummer to be Elway. We sure as hell aren't expecting our starting QB to be outplayed by the likes of Seneca Wallace, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell, Jon Kitna, and their ilk either - especially with the Mastermind coaching them.

True but I'd liken the Broncos to Denver as the Yankees are here in New York. It does not matter how many seasons you go 12-4 or 98-64 if you do not win the championship.

By the looks of the way the team is playing, that team could contend if they can settle on one runner (MikeBellMikeBellMikeBell...) and if Plummer can play much, much better.

Got to figure both the Bronco and Yankee fans might be spoiled then. I'm guessing Denver's coach has tossed around the idea of making a change at QB as well. Would think if they start "not winning" it will make his decision a bit harder. Can't imagine any coach of his tenure wanting to switch to a rookie QB while they are still in contention. Not sure if you have ever coached but if you have then you might agree that most coaches would rather deal with the known vs. the unknown and plan their game strategy accordingly.

Not sure if you have ever coached but if you have then you might agree that most coaches would rather deal with the known vs. the unknown and plan their game strategy accordingly.

I have coached - obviously not at the NFL level - and I can state emphatically that I would rather try an unknown than suffer with starting a player who is underacheiving in epic proportions to the detriment of the team just because he is "annointed" in some way.

I have coached - obviously not at the NFL level - and I can state emphatically that I would rather try an unknown than suffer with starting a player who is underacheiving in epic proportions to the detriment of the team just because he is "annointed" in some way.

This is where we disagree. I think good coaches believe (right or wrong) that they can out coach the other guy and win the game if they can keep the variables to a minimum.

agreed.

i think det and cle would be in the running also

:D

I don't know if any team has suffered more at QB than CHI over the history of the NFL.

I don't think anyone here is DEN is expecting Plummer to be Elway. We sure as hell aren't expecting our starting QB to be outplayed by the likes of Seneca Wallace, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell, Jon Kitna, and their ilk either - especially with the Mastermind coaching them.

One of the "problems" that Denver has had is not sucking enough to be able get a high draft pick for a Manning, Palmer, Rivers, etc. And, of course, the Bears, Bengals, Browns, and Lions have shown that a QB selected with a Top 5 pick doesn't necessarily translate into production.

Anyway, I hope that Cutler works out for you guys next year. Unfortunately, Denver fans won't see him until then.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Everything I needed to know about Plummer, I learned from watching the 2000 NFL Quarterback challenge from Hawaii.

Before the accuracy competition, the cameras catch Peyton and Garcia talking strategy on the bench. Jake Plummer approaches them.

Jake: So... what's this event? 4 throws at the moving targets?

Peyton: (confused) Didn't you win this competition the last two years?

Jake: Dude... I don't remember plays we ran this season.

Peyton: (disgusted look of condemnation)

And then... Denver started trying to trade for him. :bash:

that is absolutely baffling. :D

of course i'm referring to the fact that jake WON the accuracy competition TWICE :D

of course i'm referring to the fact that jake WON the accuracy competition TWICE :D

That isn't hard to understand at all. Plummer has a superior package of physical skills. If a QB can just stand and whistle passes downfield with no pressure, Plummer can stand in with the best of them. There is no denying he is physically capable of being a top notch QB.

His downfall is when thinking is involved, more to the point quick thinking while pressure is being applied.

I seriously doubt the Bronco's have anywhere close to the expectations that the Yankee's do. Even if you made this comment about the Indianapolis Colts where I think the expectations are even higher than that of the Denver Bronco's, it would still fail miserably in comparison to the pressure that the NY Yankees have to win championships.

That isn't hard to understand at all. Plummer has a superior package of physical skills. If a QB can just stand and whistle passes downfield with no pressure, Plummer can stand in with the best of them. There is no denying he is physically capable of being a top notch QB.

His downfall is when thinking is involved, more to the point quick thinking while pressure is being applied.

uhh, jake is NOT an accurate passer standing in the pocket. below average for an NFL QB without question. yet he has uncanny accuracy on the rollout, maybe that's what enabled him to win that particular competition. :D

I would rather try an unknown than suffer with starting a player who is underacheiving in epic proportions to the detriment of the team just because he is "annointed" in some way.

Where were this attitude during the 2004 presidential elections? :bash:

Did I mention that there were no defenders on the field for that competition?

I can when I look at DEN's playoff record under Plummer, or the fact that DEN has lost at home vs IND & SD recently and now has a short week to play in KC, where they traditionally oh poopy the bed and then go to 2 weeks afterwards to SD, when SD's D will be significantly better with Merriman back. If DEN doesn't come up with at least 1 major upset in the next 3 weeks at either KC or SD, they're looking squarely at a WC birth at best, a trip back east in the 1st round, and yet another early playoff exit.

Woo-hoo.

:D And what was Denver's playoff record since the last SB championship otherwise. :D

Didn't Plummer win the only playoff game since Elway retired, and give the Patriots under Tom Brady and Bill Belichick their only playoff loss?

That's not what I meant. Bledsoe and Plummer's styles, of course, are different. What I meant is their one (and main) similarity and that's their ability to choke in big games. That's all.

Bledsoe choked in the '96 and '01 AFC Championship Games? :D

I see your point, but I'm not sure I'd put those two in the same category.