[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plummer going over the edge

Bronco Billy

Bledsoe choked in the '96 and '01 AFC Championship Games? :D

I see your point, but I'm not sure I'd put those two in the same category.

Okay, you got a point yourself, but I'm really talking about the Bledsoe of the past so many years; not the younger one. He definitely had some talent/tools, but a lot of his being better than he is now was a product of Parcells, plain and simple (heck, Testeverde's 'not-as-bad' years were under him as well) That being said though, if Jax in '96 doesn't make that freak-upset over Denver the week before, the Pats never take advantage of that home game against that then-expanasion team in the AFCC to begin with (and you do remember that reg season game btwn Den & NE; and @ NE, mind you). As for the '01 AFCC (rather not talk about that one, lol), if Bledsoe starts the entire game from the get-go, Cowher gets the 'Burgh their 5th Ring much earlier. Bottom-line, Dallas is going to make the Super Bowl this coming January for the same reason why the '01 Pats made (and, of course WON) the Bowl (and two more after that). And I HATE the Cowboys!

Edited by r00kiemonster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said though, if Jax in '96 doesn't make that freak-upset over Denver the week before, the Pats never take advantage of that home game against that then-expanasion team in the AFCC to begin with (and you do remember that reg season game btwn Den & NE; and @ NE, mind you).

Keep in mind that the '96 Pats D was ranked 20th in yards against and 14th in points against. Not exactly league championship material on that side of the ball.

As for the '01 AFCC (rather not talk about that one, lol), if Bledsoe starts the entire game from the get-go, Cowher gets the 'Burgh their 5th Ring much earlier.

Apparently you watched a different game than me. In the one I saw, Brady did pretty much nothing, while Bledsoe got NE their only offensive TD. I also recall NE's defense picking off Kordell three times and scoring a TD or two, while Troy Brown ran back a TD on special teams. I don't think that it mattered who played QB in that one.

Would Cowher have beaten Martz in the SB? I'm not sure that he could've exploited Martz's arrogance and poor decision-making as well as Belichick did. I don't think that PIT would've won a SB with Kordell - not with the way that he turns over the ball.

Bottom-line, Dallas is going to make the Super Bowl this coming January for the same reason why the '01 Pats made (and, of course WON) the Bowl (and two more after that). And I HATE the Cowboys!

They have a shot, but they won't get home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. And I don't see them beating the Bears in Soldier Field in January. JMO.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Just for some perspective, Plummer's rankings vs the 38 QBs in the NFL this year who have 100 pass attempts or more this season:

QB Rating

#31 Jake Plummer DEN 69.7

Passing TDs

#21 Jake Plummer DEN 10

INTs

#34 Jake Plummer DEN 11

Completion percentage

#31 Jake Plummer DEN 54.3%

Passing yards/game

#31 Jake Plummer DEN 177.8

Sacks

#16 Jake Plummer DEN 15

Sorry, Jake, but those are some piss poor numbers, my friend. Time to look in the mirror & realize that you are holding this team back and not helping it win.

BB, while your stats are rather surprising to me, I'm even more surprised that you think Plummer is holding this team back. Sure compared to Peyton or Palmer or any other top notch QB, he's a detriment, because those QBs could come right in and win games for DEN. Plummer can win a game for DEN maybe twice a year. But if you think Cutler can do better than Jake, you need to look in the mirror while you hit yourself in the head with a hammer, because you're crazy to the max. :D Warner was holding ARI back too, but Leinart certainly hasn't done any better. Rookies do not equal wins. They usually equal losses.

Well, I think Plummer is coming to the end of the road as a starting QB. He has always been inconsistent, but, shown signs of good things. This year, he has been pretty poor, pretty consistently. That spells trouble.

On another note, I have no problem with the stuff he was saying, and applaud him for keeping a good sense of humor about things. The dog comment made me :D

Me too. I totally understood the point he was trying to make, and the joke he was using to attempt to liven things up. It probably sucks to have an entire city trying to force you into shoes, you're NEVER going to fill. Elway casts an awfully long shadow...

No one is expecting Plummer to win the SB all by himself this year. Would it be asking too much to have him perform at a level that at least 2/3rds of the starting QBs in the NFL do? There are only 7 QBs with at least 100 pass attempts who are rated lower than Plummer this year. 1 is benched, 2 came in for incompetent starters, 1 is out for the rest of the year with an injury, and the other 3 are rookies. Care to make any more apologies?

To put this in perspective, Plummer would have to increase his efficiency & productivity a whopping 13% to make the margin of being in the top 2/3rds of starting QBs in the NFL right now.

This is another good post to support why Plummer sucks. And I'm not saying he doesn't suck. But you actually have play off aspirations and it's an actual possibility that you can do it and make some serious noise in the playoffs. To make a change to a rookie QB when you can make the playoffs is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. No way Shanny makes this call until you are completely out of contention. Just no way.

I can when I look at DEN's playoff record under Plummer, or the fact that DEN has lost at home vs IND & SD recently and now has a short week to play in KC, where they traditionally oh poopy the bed and then go to 2 weeks afterwards to SD, when SD's D will be significantly better with Merriman back. If DEN doesn't come up with at least 1 major upset in the next 3 weeks at either KC or SD, they're looking squarely at a WC birth at best, a trip back east in the 1st round, and yet another early playoff exit.

Woo-hoo.

You should look at your HC, who for some reason saved the bootlegs and rollouts until Indy came to town, and then put them back in the cupboard for no good reason. These plays are the bread and butter of this offense, and why Shanny is not calling them 2 out of every 3 passing plays I'll never understand.

Jake needs to shut the F up and play. How ironic that somebody who adamantly touts himself as "not an idiot" acts like one in an attempt to prove his point.

I get the impression that the average fan in Denver thinks that QBs like Elway grow on trees. They need to take a "reality check" vacation in Chicago, where the best QBs they've had over the past decade are Grossman and Erik Kramer.

who the hell is that?

dont forget Jim Miller though...

That isn't hard to understand at all. Plummer has a superior package of physical skills. If a QB can just stand and whistle passes downfield with no pressure, Plummer can stand in with the best of them. There is no denying he is physically capable of being a top notch QB.

His downfall is when thinking pressure is involved, more to the point quick thinking while ANY pressure is being applied.

Fixed.

Jake is magnificent on rollouts and bootlegs and the like. We all know it. The bootlegs help him to get his mind off the pressure and back onto the field. Thats' why he can win accuracy competitions, and why he looks like an f'ing genius outside of the hashes...

Edited by LooGie

Plummer is the Bledsoe of the AFC; plain and simple. Now if Shanahan can make like a certain someone we know down in Big D and finally figure out what his obstacle from a Super Bowl birth is.......man, shouldn't he have figured it out after last year's AFCC loss??

this is nearly the dumbest statement I've ever read on here. First of all, Romo is not a rookie, Romo has been in this offense for quite awhile. His earned and kept the backup role for more than 11 games...

secondly, Shanny should have figured out his QB that took his team all the way TO the championship game and lost it to arguably one of the best defenses in the NFL last year? (that btw, was on a mission of Destiny to Win XL) Are you serious?

Now, they still have a chance to not only make the playoffs, but win their division outright with Plummer at the helm, and Shanny should've made a change based on the AFCC game last year? I'm nearly physically ill after reading this statement...