[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jay Cutler

sundaynfl

:D Have you seen anything printed that would indicate this?

Peter King does a weekly radio interview in Boston each THursday, and last Thursday he sad exactly the opposite. That's what I have to base my thoughts on, but I imagine Peter King has connections there.

I have nothing to base my opinion on other than watching several of the Broncos games this year.

Yeah, except that if you go back and look, you would find the same claim being made the whole time Plummer's been with the Broncos.

I'm not arguing that the guy is setting the world on fire, but I am arguing that he is the best chance you have for success.

I disagree.

Really? How many game's had Romo started before they "threw him to the wolves" versus Carolina? That's the comparison worth noting, moran.

And you're right, there is a big difference in making a shake-up in Week 6 versus Week 13....Week 6 gives you a game or two to see what he can do, then have the option to switch back. Week 13 is desperation time, and if Plummer in mediocre or worse tomorrow (and they lose, and thus fall out of the playoff picture and into 3rd place in their own division), it is DEFINITELY time to see if the team can rally around the youngster, if for nothing else, to light a fire under them.

What has Jake Plummer done this year to make you think he is the guy the team will rally around? :D

What does starting a backup QB who's been in the system and on the team for several season got in common with starting a rookie over a QB that went all the way to the AFC championship game last year and currently has a winning record with the same team and a winning record this season, and has a chance for to make the playoffs yet again? exactly nothing. zero. zip. zilch.

I think the point is that Plummer has completely lost the respect of his teammates, as well as the coaching staff, and they know they cant go deep in the playoffs with his mistake prone ass behind center...

Yah, teammates hate it when they're winning and have a shot to win their division outright...:D

Yeah, except that if you go back and look, you would find the same claim being made the whole time Plummer's been with the Broncos.

I'm not arguing that the guy is setting the world on fire, but I am arguing that he is the best chance you have for success.

no, there's never been much of a call for plummer to sit before this year. several reasons, most importantly:

1) they had no one (brad van pelt?) behind him

2) he was playing reasonably well

well, now he's got a high first round franchise-QB-in-waiting behind him. and he's playing like absolute crap. for whatever reason (probably partly psychological due to the drafting of cutler), his play has regressed dramatically this season. the team may be 7-3, but those wins probably have less to do with the play of the starting QB than any 7-3 team in the history of the league. he is a total liability. an anchor around this offense's neck. at this point i strongly disagree he's the best chance they have for success.

Yah, teammates hate it when they're winning and have a shot to win their division outright...:D

Well, when they all are having to over-compensate because they have a HUGH liability at the critical QB position, yah, they start getting a little pissy. And at some point, they lose faith that the current occupant in that role simply wont be able to get them where they want to go. And once they lose confidence in him, then the team chemistry will eventually suffer and a change will be necessary. When that is in this case is up to conjecture, but a sea change is coming.

Local news tonight reported that this will be Plummer's last game barring some Montana-esque performance.

They said the team will be using the 10 day break to prepare Cutler to start (rather than the 4 days this week).

They stated this as if it were fact. I don't know their source.

The ironic thing is that in one league this year, I started out with Plummer and Warner. When Warner got benched, I picked up Brunell. I am going to have 3 benched QBs on my team before the year is out.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Well, when they all are having to over-compensate because they have a HUGH liability at the critical QB position, yah, they start getting a little pissy. And at some point, they lose faith that the current occupant in that role simply wont be able to get them where they want to go. And once they lose confidence in him, then the team chemistry will eventually suffer and a change will be necessary. When that is in this case is up to conjecture, but a sea change is coming.

i dont believe there's any over compensating going on. And certainly not the amount that they would have to over compensate for a rookie. I've never heard one thing from any player in DEN that even remotely suggested they weren't 100% behind Plummer.

It would be moranic of me to question Shanny, and if he makes the choice to Culterize the offense, I'd have to support the decision, simply because he made it. But I just don't see it happening unless he's phoning it in, and basically forfeiting the rest of the season in favor of next year.

I would think he would spend the 10 day rest period working on ways to get Plummer rolling out and bootlegging since he's borderline spectacular in this situations and oh by the way, he's get experience. Cutler has...um...nothing