[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a joke

Sgt. Ryan

Replay official knew Sooners recovered kick vs. DucksAssociated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The replay official for the Oklahoma-Oregon football game says he knew that Oklahoma recovered a pivotal onside kickoff late in the game.

But Gordon Riese told The Oklahoman that replay rules prevented him from correcting on-field officials who made the wrong call and awarded possession to Oregon, even though it was clear to Riese that Oklahoma's Allen Patrick had recovered the ball.

Riese also said that if he had seen the correct angle of the replay, it would have been easy to reverse the result of the call and give possession to Oklahoma, which could have run out the clock. But that didn't happen, he said, and Oregon took advantage of the officiating blunder, scoring a last-minute touchdown to win 34-33.

At the center of the dispute in the Sept. 16 game was a botched call on an onside kickoff by Oregon before the Ducks' winning touchdown. Replays showed the kick was touched by an Oregon player before it traveled the required 10 yards, and, therefore, possession should have been awarded to Oklahoma.

The video also showed that Oklahoma's Patrick actually recovered the ball, although that aspect of the play was not reviewable.

"This was the easiest call to make, if I'd gotten the [correct] replay," Riese said. "It would have been the right call. It would have been the correct call. The Oregon kid touched the ball at the 44-yard line."

Riese said the only replay angle he saw on the play came from Oklahoma's end zone, which he said prevented him from making the correct call. But he did see something else.

"I saw the ball laying on the ground, the Oklahoma kid picks up the ball with his knee on the ground," he said. "I knew it was Oklahoma ball."

But, Riese said, he chose to follow the rules of the replay system, which meant he couldn't tell the on-field Pacific-10 Conference officials of their error -- even though the referee asked him which team had recovered.

"I can't let it go," he said. "It's something we officials have just been schooled with -- to get the call right -- and I didn't do it that day."

Oklahoma is 9-2, but would be 10-1 and possibly a part of the national-championship discussion if not for the officiating errors at Oregon. Riese said he's aware of the Sooners' success this season.

"Oh, they're a good football team," he said. "My goodness sakes, they're a good football team."

The Pac-10 suspended Riese for one game, and he later requested and was granted a leave of absence for the remainder of the season. He said he does not plan to return to the replay booth and that the mistake continues to bother him.

"I worry about the screwup we did in the Oklahoma game," he said. "It's inexcusable."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2673577

This disgusts me, dude you had your 15 minutes of fame screwing over our team, let it go and move on with your life. We dont care how inexcusable you think what you did is. You did it and its too late to fix that and you know it. To bring this up again now, is just salt in the wound for Sooner fans.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2673577

This disgusts me, dude you had your 15 minutes of fame screwing over our team, let it go and move on with your life. We dont care how inexcusable you think what you did is. You did it and its too late to fix that and you know it. To bring this up again now, is just salt in the wound for Sooner fans.

:D As a west coast guy- maybe that was his thinking- bring it up now and make it sting a bit more.

In all seriousnes--I am still waiting for Bill Levy to make a statement like this from the SB. Pretty effin BS end to a game. Sooners should have finshed the damn game, but still tough to swallow for OU fans.

but similar to the Hawks, you gotta make plays and finish the game so the refs cannot decide it for ya.

:D As a west coast guy- maybe that was his thinking- bring it up now and make it sting a bit more.

In all seriousnes--I am still waiting for Bill Levy to make a statement like this from the SB. Pretty effin BS end to a game. Sooners should have finshed the damn game, but still tough to swallow for OU fans.

but similar to the Hawks, you gotta make plays and finish the game so the refs cannot decide it for ya.

OU runs out the clock if not for the admited mistake, and the game is over. There is nothing to debate here. And today, its all good. A@M took out Texas and OU is one win over Okie St away fromt eh Big 12 title game, and 2 wins from a BCS bowl. You lose your QB, top OL, before the season, and the great Adrian Peterson and still have a shot at a BCS game. Gotta love it, and Stoops may be coach of the year if they run the table.

Replay official knew Sooners recovered kick vs. DucksAssociated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The replay official for the Oklahoma-Oregon football game says he knew that Oklahoma recovered a pivotal onside kickoff late in the game.

But Gordon Riese told The Oklahoman that replay rules prevented him from correcting on-field officials who made the wrong call and awarded possession to Oregon, even though it was clear to Riese that Oklahoma's Allen Patrick had recovered the ball.

Riese also said that if he had seen the correct angle of the replay, it would have been easy to reverse the result of the call and give possession to Oklahoma, which could have run out the clock. But that didn't happen, he said, and Oregon took advantage of the officiating blunder, scoring a last-minute touchdown to win 34-33.

At the center of the dispute in the Sept. 16 game was a botched call on an onside kickoff by Oregon before the Ducks' winning touchdown. Replays showed the kick was touched by an Oregon player before it traveled the required 10 yards, and, therefore, possession should have been awarded to Oklahoma.

The video also showed that Oklahoma's Patrick actually recovered the ball, although that aspect of the play was not reviewable.

"This was the easiest call to make, if I'd gotten the [correct] replay," Riese said. "It would have been the right call. It would have been the correct call. The Oregon kid touched the ball at the 44-yard line."

Riese said the only replay angle he saw on the play came from Oklahoma's end zone, which he said prevented him from making the correct call. But he did see something else.

"I saw the ball laying on the ground, the Oklahoma kid picks up the ball with his knee on the ground," he said. "I knew it was Oklahoma ball."

But, Riese said, he chose to follow the rules of the replay system, which meant he couldn't tell the on-field Pacific-10 Conference officials of their error -- even though the referee asked him which team had recovered.

"I can't let it go," he said. "It's something we officials have just been schooled with -- to get the call right -- and I didn't do it that day."

Oklahoma is 9-2, but would be 10-1 and possibly a part of the national-championship discussion if not for the officiating errors at Oregon. Riese said he's aware of the Sooners' success this season.

"Oh, they're a good football team," he said. "My goodness sakes, they're a good football team."

The Pac-10 suspended Riese for one game, and he later requested and was granted a leave of absence for the remainder of the season. He said he does not plan to return to the replay booth and that the mistake continues to bother him.

"I worry about the screwup we did in the Oklahoma game," he said. "It's inexcusable."

:D:D:bash:

OU runs out the clock if not for the admited mistake, and the game is over. There is nothing to debate here. And today, its all good. A@M took out Texas and OU is one win over Okie St away fromt eh Big 12 title game, and 2 wins from a BCS bowl. You lose your QB, top OL, before the season, and the great Adrian Peterson and still have a shot at a BCS game. Gotta love it, and Stoops may be coach of the year if they run the table.

You are right. Oklahoma has had a good year and deserve to go to a top bowl game. But, can you please stop crying over the loss to Oregon. We are all tired of hearing these posts. Move on. Show some class and revel in the great year your Sooners have had. :D