[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU & Ark

Slugs

Another NC team hopeful bites the dust. Florida and USC the only real competition for Michigan not to get another crack at the Bucks. Florida has Arkanasas next week then will face Ark or LSU in the SEC title game and USC has ND and UCLA. Both could lose and we could have OSU vs Michigan with Wisconsin ranked #3 or 4 in the BCS and be on the outside of a bid. :D

Arkansas losing to LSU deals a serious blow to any chances Florida had. Now instead of facing a one-loss team for the SEC crown, they'll be facing a 2-loss team. The way I see it(without including Michigan in this crazy scene), Florida needs USC to beat ND, and then the miracle of UCLA beating USC. Of course, Florida State can spoil Florida's party this week. I can't see ND jumping Michigan even if they beat USC when Michigan trounced them on their own turf. When all the dust settles, I think we'll see OSU-USC. Just my :D

Arkansas losing to LSU deals a serious blow to any chances Florida had. Now instead of facing a one-loss team for the SEC crown, they'll be facing a 2-loss team. The way I see it(without including Michigan in this crazy scene), Florida needs USC to beat ND, and then the miracle of UCLA beating USC. Of course, Florida State can spoil Florida's party this week. I can't see ND jumping Michigan even if they beat USC when Michigan trounced them on their own turf. When all the dust settles, I think we'll see OSU-USC. Just my :D

I still believe that IF Florida wins out and USC loses once, Florida will play Ohio St. If both Florida and USC lose once, it's rematch time. No way does Notre Dame jump Michigan (although I think that could be a good thing because it would shine a very bright light on all that is ugly and evil about the BCS.

I still believe that IF Florida wins out and USC loses once, Florida will play Ohio St. If both Florida and USC lose once, it's rematch time. No way does Notre Dame jump Michigan (although I think that could be a good thing because it would shine a very bright light on all that is ugly and evil about the BCS.

LSU probably busted any hopes of the Gators making it to the NC game.

Who's USC gonna lose to? UCLA? No way! As a Floridian, I'd love to see it but no way. SC kickin' ND's

ass right now 28-10.

Another NC team hopeful bites the dust. Florida and USC the only real competition for Michigan not to get another crack at the Bucks. Florida has Arkanasas next week then will face Ark or LSU in the SEC title game and USC has ND and UCLA. Both could lose and we could have OSU vs Michigan with Wisconsin ranked #3 or 4 in the BCS and be on the outside of a bid. :D

I don't understand the props for Wisconsin. There OOC schedule was Bowling Green, Western Illinois, San Diego St., and Buffalo. They did not play Ohio St. and they lost 27-13 to the only good team they played all year in Michigan. I sure wish the Big Ten and PAC 10 had a conference championship like the other big conferences do. That would help level the playing field between the conferences some.

I don't understand the props for Wisconsin. There OOC schedule was Bowling Green, Western Illinois, San Diego St., and Buffalo. They did not play Ohio St. and they lost 27-13 to the only good team they played all year in Michigan. I sure wish the Big Ten and PAC 10 had a conference championship like the other big conferences do. That would help level the playing field between the conferences some.

Much like we couldn't understand the props Rutgers was getting in the Big East? :D

I sure wish fans from other conferences would understand the rules of the NCAA, and also just stop whining about it, because the ONLY reason conference championships exist, is to line more pockets. Bottom line, is every year you know what you have to do to get the job done. If you accept the money, then you should accept the consequences (or reward in some cases) of playing a championship game.

I sure wish fans from other conferences would understand the rules of the NCAA, and also just stop whining about it, because the ONLY reason conference championships exist, is to line more pockets. Bottom line, is every year you know what you have to do to get the job done. If you accept the money, then you should accept the consequences (or reward in some cases) of playing a championship game.

There is no misunderstanding of the rules from this corner. I know what they are. My comment had nothing to do with rules but was about conformity. I was just saying that I wish all teams had conference championships or none at all.

Personally I love the SEC Championship Game, especially the times my team is in it. In lieu of a NC playoff it's the next best thing since it's a winner take all invite to the Sugar. Granted it has lost some of it's national appeal lately with the other conferences having followed suit. However it's alot more fun watching the game than debating who's the better team.

Yeah I know it does hurt a top ranked SEC team that loses, however it can just as easily bolster the winning SEC team ranking with yet another quality win. Lets face it, there's only going to be one national champion and often it's not going to be your team or a team from your conference so the next bragging right should be within your own conference. I would easily give it up for a national playoff, but until then give me (the football fan) my SEC Conference Championship Game. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

The biggest fraud in the top 10 by far. They played no one, period. Does the Big 10 frown upond tough non conference games?? I thought Wisky was a more legit program than that cupcake schedule.

Wisconsin went 11-1 out of a major conference. They have one of the best RB's in the country in PJ Hill, a great ol, a qb who makes few mistakes, and a pretty stout defense. There only loss was to Michigan, and while they can't bolster a great OOC schedule, neither can a lot of teams. The fact is, they are a Big Ten team, and will get there chance to end all this doubt about them in the Capital One Bowl vs what will be a very quality SEC opponent. If they win, I suspect you'll shut up about them being bad. Bottom line is, the Pac 10 fared pretty poorly outside of there conference, so all we know is they lost some big games OOC and played each other competitively. I'm not saying they are bad, but I'm certainly not even close to being ready to annoint them as being better than ANY conference this year. The Bowl games will settle that dispute. Bottom line, is the Pac 10's record vs other BCS conference teams hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire. They picked up some wins by there top team USC, and Oregon in the record book has a win over OU, although NO ONE feels they deserve it, including the pollsters who have them free falling. Oregon State got whooped on by Boise State. Cal got murdered by Tennessee. Props for playing the tough OOC teams and all, but you have to WIN those games if you want to use that argument against a conference that plays "crappy" teams from OOC. Again I ask you, what are you gonna say if the Pac 10 stinks it up in bowl games, as they've been known to do for the past couple years, and the crappy Big 10 does well? Whats the argument then? You gonna start rattling off swimming titles and volleyball titles, sports that no one gives a sh|t about?

Brian I am not talking about the Pac 10..... I am talking about Wisky's cupcake schedule, and being ranked above qite a few teams that are superior. They proved nothing nationally, other than they played well against Michigan. Mainly SEC teams with 2-3 losses that would dummy Wisky IMO. And yes, I will put my money where my mouth is for a Pac 10 Big 10 bowl wager.........

The Pac 10 may have not fared incredibly well OOC, but you gotta give em props for playin the games. Say what you want about the PAC, their quality of scheduling quality non conference games is probably better than any other conference.

They schedule tough games, and lose. There is no such thing as a quality loss (unless you're Notre Dame and you're still receving credit for your quality loss to USC LAST year). And I'm sorry, but while Wisconsin hasn't proven they are a great team yet, they haven't done anything to prove that they are horrible either. 11-1 in the Big Ten is good for any team, ANY year. End of story.

Brian I am not talking about the Pac 10..... I am talking about Wisky's cupcake schedule, and being ranked above qite a few teams that are superior. They proved nothing nationally, other than they played well against Michigan. Mainly SEC teams with 2-3 losses that would dummy Wisky IMO. And yes, I will put my money where my mouth is for a Pac 10 Big 10 bowl wager.........

The Pac 10 may have not fared incredibly well OOC, but you gotta give em props for playin the games. Say what you want about the PAC, their quality of scheduling quality non conference games is probably better than any other conference.

Know this will tick off a few Pac 10 homers, but maybe the reason why PAC 10 teams are so willing to play out of conference is to gain some national respect. No offense but the SEC in most cases have enough potential quality games that they don't feel the need to go out of conference.

Adding another quality opponent is somewhat suicidal. Not that they can't win those games it's just hard to pencil them in between must win Conference games. Pac 10 normally only has a couple of marque national attention grabbing teams. LSU played Oregon State but not sure it they will be returning the game to Oregon State? LSU use to play Florida State when they were up and coming but those were almost always home games for the Tigers. See that Vandy went to Michigan this season (god only knows why) are they getting a return home game with Michigan in Nashville?