[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who SHOULD be #2 in the BCS?

theeohiostate

This is plain and simple crying, Texas was #2 when OSU played them in Austin another FACT your trying to pass off as if OSU fans made it up. The BCS release was after the game and AFTER they had loss to the Buckeyes and at the time there was undeafeted teams ahead of Texas. I guess that means OSU should not get any respect for playing Texas who was #2 in both the coaches poll and AP. OSU can not make the BCS poll come out any sooner...I guess if we wanted to we could put some pressure on some folks and get it done..THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE the #1 program in the country is that arrogant enough for you.

Facts are there were no BCS standings back when Ohio State played Texas. Not saying Ohio State didn't deserve respect for beating a team that was expected to compete on the national scene, but in hindsite it really wasn't as big of a win or upset as we thought. Heck if you want to go by those early preseason polls then the win over Michigan wasn't that great of a feat since they were not even ranked in the top ten at the beginning of the season. Which poll do you think should be used to determine quality wins now the one in September that had Texas ranked 2nd & Michigan out of the top ten or the current one that has Michigan ranked #2 and Texas #13 plus?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree you should win your conference, BUT, when your conferece will boast 3 teams in the top 5 of the BCS standings when released Monday, it's hard to say that. I don't want to see Michigan, but it's BcS, that they'll get slighted by a lessor team, just because they play in the same conference as OSU.

Wisconsin didn't make your cutoff, sorry.

If the Big 10 wants a rematch so bad, start playing a conference championship game.

It will be USC and OSU in the National Championship, the AP and Coaches Poll got USC 2nd.

The arrogance of the Ohio State fans is down right annoying. Unlike Coach Green most college fans are not ready to crown you champions yet. Beat a top 10 team outside your conference in November before you annoint your team National Champions. Football fans need validation.

Rocker, you are 100% right, but I would give up trying to convince these guys of anything. They have drank too much Big Ten kool-aid.

Facts are there were no BCS standings back when Ohio State played Texas. Not saying Ohio State didn't deserve respect for beating a team that was expected to compete on the national scene, but in hindsite it really wasn't as big of a win or upset as we thought. Heck if you want to go by those early preseason polls then the win over Michigan wasn't that great of a feat since they were not even ranked in the top ten at the beginning of the season. Which poll do you think should be used to determine quality wins now the one in September that had Texas ranked 2nd & Michigan out of the top ten or the current one that has Michigan ranked #2 and Texas #13 plus?

Well,...Here is the best "FACT" of all OSU has booked it's ticket to Glendale. I can not be happier about that "FACT". Give me a whole bunch more of that OSU kool-aid while I'm at Phoenix University Stadium cheering for "THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES".

:D

Edited by sacosud

:D Make up your mind, is the BCS good or not?

The same preseason polls that had OSU #1 and USC #3, i'd say they had it perfect. :D

I think your bending facts to fit your perception. The fact is the BCS will be released later today and the BIG 10 will have THREE teams in the top 5.

Bend that fact :bash:

Actually prefer the BCS more so than what we had in the past. No way a school like LSU gets in the NC game without it. Not enough media down here.

If you think the preseason polls were perfect than you must agree Michigan might not be worthy of a #2 ranking.

FYI: Michigan preseason ranking was #14 & #15. Wisconsin was no where to be found!

Edited by Rockerbraves

Good luck!

Prediction: USC 31 OSU 24

Thanks for the wishes of good luck.

That's why they play the game. I'll save the prediction for when OSU finds out who they play.

I agree it's most likely USC, however I wanted the Gators since I had been predicting the Bucks vs Gators.

Gators are going to fall short.

Well,...Here is the best "FACT" of all OSU has booked it's ticket to Glendale. I can not be happier about that "FACT". Give me a whole bunch more of that OSU kool-aid while I'm at Phoenix University Stadium cheering for "THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES".

Hey don't get me wrong I'm actually an Ohio State step-fan. That's where both my parents & most my cousins have graduated from. My cousins are huge Buckeye fans. Called them prior to the Michigan game to give them my best wishes as they did when LSU made it there. They have already booked there trip to Glendale. So understand I'm actually have some Big Ten blood in me yet I'm a bit more objective than a true diehard Big Ten homer. Ohio State needs validation outside the conference before they can claim to be the undisputed NC. The perfect scenerio would be to have Ohio State beat whichever team outside the conference that shows up and Michigan beat whichever team they play in their bowl.

Show some confidence and take on the world and not just the big ten world is all I am saying.

Hey don't get me wrong I'm actually an Ohio State step-fan. That's where both my parents & most my cousins have graduated from. My cousins are huge Buckeye fans. Called them prior to the Michigan game to give them my best wishes as they did when LSU made it there. They have already booked there trip to Glendale. So understand I'm actually have some Big Ten blood in me yet I'm a bit more objective than a true diehard Big Ten homer. Ohio State needs validation outside the conference before they can claim to be the undisputed NC. The perfect scenerio would be to have Ohio State beat whichever team outside the conference that shows up and Michigan beat whichever team they play in their bowl.

Show some confidence and take on the world and not just the big ten world is all I am saying.

Here, here!

Depends on the conference and when the game is played.

Ahh, so the fact that no one in the SEC really has proven anything against OOC opponents doesn't mean anything to you? Seems to be a double standard. What are the big SEC wins OOC? Arkansas got destroyed by USC at home. Tennessee beat a Cal team, that at this point is fading, but I give them credit for waxing them, but I'd say that Michigan and Ohio state waxing there top OOC opponents on the road is more impressive than Tenns win vs cal. so you tell me? BTW, I'm not knocking the SEC. I think they are hands down, the best conference in the nation, but that hasn't exactly been proven besides peoples perception.

I don't think any big ten fan, ohio state fan, ohio state player, or anyone is FEARING anything. And from what I've read, very few people on this message board want to see a rematch. Ohio State has proven more than any other team in the country. They are undefeated. 12-0. Unblemished. They've proven just as much as teams with so called "tough" schedules. All we know from the SEC is that they beat each other up. What happens if the SEC gets beaten up in bowls? Then what? You tell me. We are supposed to give the SEC the benefit of the doubt because the MEDIA (yes the same media you CLAIM screws you over) and coaches have a lot of SEC teams ranked. But whats it based on? It's based on there perception. The FACT is, the SEC doesn't have a bunch of spectacular OOC wins. So when you say Ohio State needs to PROVE themselves outside of the big ten, well so does Florida. So does Arkansas. So does Auburn. So does LSU. None of those teams have major OOC wins. And yet somehow, Ohio State needs to prove something. Bottom line, is no matter who Ohio State faces (looks like USC) glendale, whether its michigan or usc, they will be 13-0. National Champs.

I don't think any big ten fan, ohio state fan, ohio state player, or anyone is FEARING anything. And from what I've read, very few people on this message board want to see a rematch. Ohio State has proven more than any other team in the country. They are undefeated. 12-0. Unblemished. They've proven just as much as teams with so called "tough" schedules. All we know from the SEC is that they beat each other up. What happens if the SEC gets beaten up in bowls? Then what? You tell me. We are supposed to give the SEC the benefit of the doubt because the MEDIA (yes the same media you CLAIM screws you over) and coaches have a lot of SEC teams ranked. But whats it based on? It's based on there perception. The FACT is, the SEC doesn't have a bunch of spectacular OOC wins. So when you say Ohio State needs to PROVE themselves outside of the big ten, well so does Florida. So does Arkansas. So does Auburn. So does LSU. None of those teams have major OOC wins. And yet somehow, Ohio State needs to prove something. Bottom line, is no matter who Ohio State faces (looks like USC) glendale, whether its michigan or usc, they will be 13-0. National Champs.

Good point on perception. And your lost two sentences above are based on your pereption. I will wait and watch the game to see what really happens. I tell you after reading all of this, this will be the first time in my life that I have ever pulled for USC!

You're absolutely right it's my perception. It's everyones perception. I'm just tired of hearing how Ohio State has to prove something OOC, because the Big Ten was down (only based on perception). I just feel that if the SEC wants to chirp about there conference leaders playing someone OOC, it's the pot calling the kettle black. That said, I am of the opinion, that the SEC is a damn good conference, and my perception is they are the best conference. But come bowl time, that won't mean anything, and we'll see which conferences are good, and which are bad.

Good point on perception. And your lost two sentences above are based on your pereption. I will wait and watch the game to see what really happens. I tell you after reading all of this, this will be the first time in my life that I have ever pulled for USC!

Id probably worry about your 2 loss team, Michigan is going to roll LSU, if that is indeed the game.

Here, here!

Maybe your right...I think OSU pads their schedule with weak OOC ...(Great it worked.) I'm begining to think we are not as good as I once thought...OH NO...HERE COMES THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.

Good Luck to your Tigers I think they are most deserving a spot in the title game to bad they lost a couple of conference games...but seeing it's the SEC I can understand. I'm sure the mighty Tigers would have easily whipped us poor Mid-Westeren schools, BUT they are not in the BIG TEN they are part of THE SEC so they will be overlooked again. I suppose LSU will get to play Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl. I hear it's a nice place to vacation.

By the way here's LSU's mighty schedule for this season

9/2 UL Lafayette W 45-3...(WOW...pretty big ballers here.)

9/9 Arizona W 45-3 (Here's a underated Wildcat squad.)

9/16 at Auburn L 7-3 (LOSS)

9/23 Tulane W 49-7 (Please stop scheduling these killer teams)

9/30 Miss State W 48-17

10/7 at Florida L 23-10 (ouch out of the Title picture)

10/14 Kentucky W 49-0

10/21 Fresno State W 38-6 (very weak this season but hey they were good last year)

11/4 at Tennessee W 28-24

11/11 Alabama W 28-14

11/18 Ole Miss W 23-20 OT (hmmm...that's right the mighty SEC) Overtime huh..Yeah.

11/25 at Arkansas W 31-26

LSU TIGERS 2005 below

############################################################

2005 Schedule

CFN Prediction: 10-1

2005 Record: 11-2

Preview 2005 predicted wins

9/10 at Arizona St W 35-31 (Where did ASU end up last year???) and the Tigers squeak by.

9/24 Tennessee L 30-27 OT

10/1 at Miss State W 37-7

10/8 at Vanderbilt W 34-6

10/15 Florida W 21-17

10/22 Auburn W 20-17 OT

10/29 North Texas W 56-3..(This team is in Texas so they must be good) I think there was a movie about NTU with Kathy Ireland as the kicker I will give y'all points on that one she is hot.

11/5 Appalachian St W 24-0 ( WHEW APP STATE....LOOK OUT I understand what your talking about take on the world)

11/12 at Alabama W 16-13 OT

11/19 at Ole Miss W 40-7

11/26 Arkansas W 19-17

12/3 SEC Championship

Georgia L 34-14

12/30 Peach Bowl

Miami W 40-3

Edited by sacosud

If Michigan wants to go to the BCS game over teams with equal records, it should stop scheduling Vanderbilt, Central Michigan and Ball State as three of its four non-conference games. The Wolverines beat a 5-7 MAC team by eight points. USC played three ranked teams as its three non-conference games in Arkansas, Nebraska and Notre Dame, destroying them all.

Give all the facts instead of just the ones that support your opinion if you want it to hold up, theohiostate.

Big-10 vs SEC in bowl games over the last 4 years.

2005 season

1. Outback: Florida 31 Iowa 24

2. Capital One: Wisc 24 Auburn 10

2004 season

Music city: Minnesota 20 Bama 16

Outback: Georgia 24 Wisconsin 21

Capital One: Iowa 30 LSU 25

2003 season

1. Music City: Auburn 28 Wisc 14

2. Outback: Iowa 37 florida 17

3. Capital One: Georgia 34 Purdue 27

2002 season

1. Music city: Minny 29 Arkansas 14

2. Outback: Mich 38 Fla 30

3. Capital One: Auburn 13 Penn State 9

Overall over this time period: Big-10 6 SEC 5

The SEC is sooo much better than the Big-10 it's not even funny. I hope to God Florida doesn't make it through to Glendale, else those SEC ruffians are going to humiliate us, and school us on what real football is all about; not to mention expose our slow-poke midwestern offense. :D

Michigan has the better arguement to be #2...........BY FAR!

Huh?? How does Mich. have the best argument at all, let alone by far? You bag on the Irish all the time so you obviously don't consider that a factor. Other than that who has Mich. beaten that is so mpressive outside of a surprisingly good Wisc. team?

Big-10 vs SEC in bowl games over the last 4 years.

2005 season

1. Outback: Florida 31 Iowa 24

2. Capital One: Wisc 24 Auburn 10

2004 season

Music city: Minnesota 20 Bama 16

Outback: Georgia 24 Wisconsin 21

Capital One: Iowa 30 LSU 25

2003 season

1. Music City: Auburn 28 Wisc 14

2. Outback: Iowa 37 florida 17

3. Capital One: Georgia 34 Purdue 27

2002 season

1. Music city: Minny 29 Arkansas 14

2. Outback: Mich 38 Fla 30

3. Capital One: Auburn 13 Penn State 9

Overall over this time period: Big-10 6 SEC 5

The SEC is sooo much better than the Big-10 it's not even funny. I hope to God Florida doesn't make it through to Glendale, else those SEC ruffians are going to humiliate us, and school us on what real football is all about; not to mention expose our slow-poke midwestern offense. :D

Very evenly matched, and I expect it to be this year. I expect a split. I think we only got 2 tie-ins with them now. I think Wisconsin will win vs whoever in the Cap 1, but Penn State will lose in the Outback. I would also like to point out, that in every single one of those games except for the 02 Capital One Bowl, the SEC team was favored. The reason for this is because the weak Big Ten continually puts in 2 (the maximum) BCS bowl teams every year (the Big Ten sure does suck) which bumps every other team up. Only 2004, was that not the case looking at that model. Shows the depth of the conference over the past 4 years.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Bottom line. Both the Big 10 and the Pac 10 need to have a conf. championship. Of course that would probably mean adding 2 more teams to the Pac 10 and only 1 more to the Big 10(11). Would love to see ND in the Big 10. Hell, they play a few teams from that conf. anyway. If ND won't join, then invite another like WVU or Louisville and add to the strngth of your conf.

In any case, my non-biased opinion is that as good as Michigan is, they had their shot. SC would make for an intriguing matchup IMO. Although I like Florida, they just didn't win convincingly enough. I would hardly call them "pitiful" though as TOS did on another thread. I'd love to see any of the top 3 right now go through an SEC schedule and see what happens.

I'm sick of hearing about conference championships. Tiebreakers work just fine. If the Big XII wants to have a championship, and earn more revenue for there conference (which is EXACTLY what its about, nothing more) then thats great. They get to increase another quality win for there title hopes, but the consequences of losing are still there. If you can accept the check, then you can accept the consequences.

It's not like the Big Ten and Pac 10 get more than ONE automatic bid. They don't. They each get 1, like anybody else. Again, what is the problem? You don't hear any actual conference officials whining about the big pay day from the conference championships? Absolutely not you dont.

Of course, not having a playoff between USC and Michigan to see who would face OSU is really gay. But since college football doens't want to put these kids through anymore games due to allot of gay excuses, we need to play the game in our heads.

Here is how Michigan vs USC would GO in my head.

When USC has the ball:

Since Lloyd Carr could not make the adjustements to stop a spread offense against OSU, you can bet that USC would spread them out as well. Of course USC has better WRs overall than OSU IMO, this maneuver would send Michigan into a tail spin as it did against OSU. USC would gash them all day long with slants and go routes with some big hitting runs up the middle just like OSU did. USC has a good offenive line, but the Michigan defensive front would get some pressure on Booty sacking him a few times. Overall, USC would be very successful and would score at least 31 pts.

When Michigan has the ball:

Michigan would need to keep the pace set by USC by throwing more than they would want to. Michigan would certainly have some success running and passing, but they simply do not have the athletes to make their offense that complex. USC is extremely fast and physical on defense, more than Ohio State.

The chink in the USC armor is Booty. If Michigan could get to him, he will turn the ball over.

USC-31

Mich - 24