[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cutler to start the rest of yr

crispirons

ESPN reported last night (via Mort, I'm assuming) that Shanahan has already planned to make Cutler his starter for the rest of the season. Is this true? Unless there's some sort of injury to Jake, I find it puzzing that he'd commit to a rookie for the rest of the season not knowing hot Cutler will respond. What if Cutler throws 4 INTs and loses a fumble on Sunday?

Then it will be just like nothing has changed :D

You're right, we better let Jake have the turnovers.............. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's correct. :D

I figured it actually was but he has to throw another pick or two this week to drop a couple spots ...

Big Ben 72.3

Michael Vick 72.1

Joey Harrington 71.6

Jake Plummer 70.5

Charlie Frye 69.5

edit to add: Vick is the highest paid player on this list!

Edited by junebugz

I figured it actually was but he has to throw another pick or two this week to drop a couple spots ...

Big Ben 72.3

Michael Vick 72.1

Joey Harrington 71.6

Jake Plummer 70.5

Charlie Frye 69.5

edit to add: Vick is the highest paid player on this list!

Wow, I must say I'm surprised that Ben and Vick are above him.

Jake has never been a high-tier QB, but he was never THIS bad in Denver before. There's got to be something wrong with him, whether it's physical or psychological.

Um, maybe Broncos fans, whose team is in position to snag a Wild Card berth right now? You act like they're fighting it out with the Raiders for last place or something.

As a Bronco fan the best you can hope for with Jake the Fake is one and done. He had the table set for him last year, a home game against Pittsburgh to go to the SB and he failed miserably. The guy is a mental midget. I would rather watch a rookie make rookie mistakes instead of a 10 year vet who still can't read a defense to save his life. Let Cutler make his mistakes this year so next year we don't have to wait half a season for him to get comfortable.

As a Bronco fan the best you can hope for with Jake the Fake is one and done. He had the table set for him last year, a home game against Pittsburgh to go to the SB and he failed miserably.

"The table set"? Jake had a terrible game, but Denver's D also let Roethlisberger go 20/29 for 275 yds through the air. Peyton also torched their secondary in the '03 and '04 playoffs. Denver's defense has been even worse than Plummer in the playoffs.

Nope, it's Charlie Frye.

Yes. Charlie Frye. The only QB in the NFL with a worse passer rating than Plummer who isn't a rookie or a Raider.

My Raider fan buddy today was telling me that this move was stupid, and that benching Plummer is a huge mistake. I offered him a cash wager that Cutler would finish the season with a better passer rating than any QB on the Raider's roster.

He passed.

Awesome... so our QB's going into the playoffs in WCOFF are plummer... bledsoe... and Grosswoman. :D

Don't laugh... too hard, we tried to address this a few weeks back and the best available was Walter.

i just want to give all the huddle's hero's gang a warm welcome to becoming bears fans. i can furnish you with the lyrics to our fight song if you need it. :D