[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATL Homers

bushwacked

they do it every year. they have no passion towards the middle to the end of the year. Vick can not carry this team, and Mora can't very well bench Vick...why not put Vick in the slot and have Schaub throwing to him, I'll never know, but as a Panther fan, I hope they never figure that out. :D

After a tough loss, ATL basically shuts down..well no..Vick basically shuts down. The criticism and hype really gets to him, and he shells up..he did it last year vs CHI.

They always start hot, beat a team they shouldnt and then basically shut down. :bash: for Panther fans. :D for ATL fans.

What happened to CRUMPLER? He doesn't disappear every year. And neither do the Falcons.

These problems go deeper than blaming Vick.

actually, my argument is the Falcons do actually die every year.

Losing almost their whole D line aids to the problem, that offense can't come back and with no pressure from the D-Line the secondary can't cover.

Yah, i should've mentioned the injuries. they've been hugh this year. Plus signing Abraham who is never healthy and giving him a hugh contract pretty much site unseen (or is it sight unseen?) when they could've got some one is a big :D

the WRs are dropping balls like crazy. It really pissed Crumpler off today. he threw a hissy fit on yet another dropped ball by another atl player.

He could have Owens, Harrison and Chad Johnson and it would be the same. WRs go to Atlanta to die.

you're such a tool. with so many posts, you certainly don't have anything to say.

grits, you're a broken record with this vick stuff, and i agree he's not a very good qb, but if you're watching today's game, you'd see that he's thrown some VERY nice, catchable balls that his ARRRRSE WR's simply dropped, many times when wide open. boink. boink. boink. off the chest, hands, head. unbelieveable how these a-holes white, lelie and jenkins still have jobs. cut em for practice squad guys, i say. time to admit you botched first round draft picks.

What happened to CRUMPLER? He doesn't disappear every year. And neither do the Falcons.

These problems go deeper than blaming Vick.

too true. Vick draws all the criticism b/c he has a huge contract but in almost all aspects... the team is either broken or crumbling all around him.

he shouldn't escape all criticism but he can't be expected to catch the ball for the WRs or play adequate D.

play calling is atrocious. for a team that runs so well they call an awful lot of pass plays. they ran the ball well this week and ran a lot but they called pass plays at awful times. i don't care what's going on. if it's the 2nd or 3rd quarter and you're within 17pts there's no reason to go pass whacky when you have ATL's ground game. Example... just before the half today ATL had a 1st/Goal from the 7....

1-7-NO7 (2:54) J.Norwood right tackle to NO 2 for 5 yards (J.Bullocks, O.Stoutmire).

2-2-NO2 (2:11) J.Norwood right tackle to NO 2 for no gain (D.Clark, H.Thomas).

3-2-NO2 (2:00) M.Vick sacked at NO 12 for -10 yards (W.Smith).

:D run it on 3rd again, hell run it on 3rd AND 4th! It's the 2nd quarter not 3rd and goal in the 4th with 10 secs and no timeouts. also, they weren't able to pass the ball AT ALL up until that point so no timing or confidence has been established so what makes you think the pass game will be there when you need it most or just decide to turn it on???

about Crumpler... he is the key to their passing game. if he's not involved early, the pass game doesn't stand a chance late in the game. late in the game if ATL is trailing they won't be able to work the edges if Crumpler wasn't a threat early in the game.

D... where to begin. I'm starting to think it's something other than just bad luck on injuries b/c this has happened every year in recent memory. it's not just 1 or 2 key guys, it's almost half the starters. whether it's their training camp and regimen or the playing surface, i don't know but they are the most injury prone D in the NFL.

many say that if Schaub were at QB they'd win 10 to 12 games but it's just not true. the organization is broken at almost every level.

grits, you're a broken record with this vick stuff, and i agree he's not a very good qb, but if you're watching today's game, you'd see that he's thrown some VERY nice, catchable balls that his ARRRRSE WR's simply dropped, many times when wide open. boink. boink. boink. off the chest, hands, head. unbelieveable how these a-holes white, lelie and jenkins still have jobs. cut em for practice squad guys, i say. time to admit you botched first round draft picks.

+1

Vick and/or Schaub can't catch the damn ball for them.

too true. Vick draws all the criticism b/c he has a huge contract but in almost all aspects... the team is either broken or crumbling all around him.

he shouldn't escape all criticism but he can't be expected to catch the ball for the WRs or play adequate D.

play calling is atrocious. for a team that runs so well they call an awful lot of pass plays. they ran the ball well this week and ran a lot but they called pass plays at awful times. i don't care what's going on. if it's the 2nd or 3rd quarter and you're within 17pts there's no reason to go pass whacky when you have ATL's ground game. Example... just before the half today ATL had a 1st/Goal from the 7....

1-7-NO7 (2:54) J.Norwood right tackle to NO 2 for 5 yards (J.Bullocks, O.Stoutmire).

2-2-NO2 (2:11) J.Norwood right tackle to NO 2 for no gain (D.Clark, H.Thomas).

3-2-NO2 (2:00) M.Vick sacked at NO 12 for -10 yards (W.Smith).

:D run it on 3rd again, hell run it on 3rd AND 4th! It's the 2nd quarter not 3rd and goal in the 4th with 10 secs and no timeouts. also, they weren't able to pass the ball AT ALL up until that point so no timing or confidence has been established so what makes you think the pass game will be there when you need it most or just decide to turn it on???

you're not considering that every single pass play is a potential run play for Vick. they're comfortable calling pass plays because it's really just an option play for Vick.

Was it the play callers fault that Vick took a 10 yard sack? :D Vick is a moran, and he is on the list of problems with this team.

Notice I said "on the list". This year, he is not even in the top 5 for problems with this team. Injuries, Defense, dropped balls, off season moves and having no heart late in the season are the top 5. Vick is #6 and a real tough sched is #7.

and lets not forget that it only takes defenses a few games to figure out how to "contain" vick, which is not pressure him, and take away the running game. They make it incredibly easy for Vick to pass. That's why you can't call running plays till the cows come home. You have to be able to rely on your QB to make plays with his arm. If he's not part of the solution..well, he's part of the problem ain't he?

about Crumpler... he is the key to their passing game. if he's not involved early, the pass game doesn't stand a chance late in the game. late in the game if ATL is trailing they won't be able to work the edges if Crumpler wasn't a threat early in the game.

I agree here, but also, lets not forget how easy it is to contain a big TE when theres no other offensive threat. Crumpler aint gonna beat anyone down the field. And if you double him, forget about it. He don't stand a chance.

You can't blame ATL for not being able to get Crump the ball, when all defenses have to do is cover him hard. You need to blame Vick for not being able to utilize his other aerial targets, and you need to REALLY blame those aerial targets when they drop the ball, which ATL has done ALL season. I'd bet dollars to donuts that ATL has the most dropped balls, by a long shot in the entire NFL.

D... where to begin. I'm starting to think it's something other than just bad luck on injuries b/c this has happened every year in recent memory. it's not just 1 or 2 key guys, it's almost half the starters. whether it's their training camp and regimen or the playing surface, i don't know but they are the most injury prone D in the NFL.

many say that if Schaub were at QB they'd win 10 to 12 games but it's just not true. the organization is broken at almost every level.

start with signing Mr. Neverhealthy with a big fat contract.

With over 2 minutes left in the game & the Falcons simply ran out the clock. Didn't even attempt a pass.

Haven't seen that much in the NFL. :D

well it was obvious that every single member of the ATL organization was a frustrated as could be. Even Mora looked like a high school QB who just threw the game losing INT. Vick was like the walking dead. Crumpler was mad enough to slap God. It was ugly. Get them off the field and out of the cameras view, and chew their ass.

The fact that I repeat my self in this regard in no way invalidates the truth of my statements.

There were some drops today the most glaring one by White.

I don't think there were any more dropped balls in this game than by WRs for other teams.

Vick played very poorly today, although he ran the ball well.

The fact that I repeat my self in this regard in no way invalidates the truth of my statements.

There were some drops today the most glaring one by White.

I don't think there were any more dropped balls in this game than by WRs for other teams.

Vick played very poorly today, although he ran the ball well.

Hey leave my FF QB alone. He produced 19 points for my team today. Not to shabby...he gets the start again next week and I haven't even looked at the matchup!

If he's not part of the solution..well, he's part of the problem ain't he?

of course he is but he's not the only problem as some say.

You can't blame ATL for not being able to get Crump the ball, when all defenses have to do is cover him hard. You need to blame Vick for not being able to utilize his other aerial targets, and you need to REALLY blame those aerial targets when they drop the ball, which ATL has done ALL season. I'd bet dollars to donuts that ATL has the most dropped balls, by a long shot in the entire NFL.

what other aerial targets would you have him use? unless the coaches deactivate WRs 1-3 and/or demote them who should Vick throw to? so it would be Vick throwing to Crumpler, Dunn, McCrary and Norwood? yeah that's a recipe for a prolific pass game.

start with signing Mr. Neverhealthy with a big fat contract.

true, but the injury problems predated Abraham. again, not Vick's fault but indicative of the organization's brass.

on that example, yeah Vick didn't have to take a sack but my point was why the hell do you call a play to drop backwards 5-10yds when you're the top rushing team in the NFL?

also, yes a lot of called passes turn into runs but what do you expect. You're a QB in the NFL. You watch a half dozen of your passes clang incomplete off your receivers hands and chest. You have blazing speed. Don't tell me you wouldn't start to lose confidence in your receivers and decide to take off and make a play on your own more than usual.

look, Vick shares some blame but how much is only a matter of opinion. In my opinion, he takes more blame than his fair share. Saying Vick is the problem and Schaub is the answer is grossly oversimplifying the matter. In fact, I'd go as far to say that if Vick were NOT Atlanta's QB they'd have struggled to win 18 games over the last 3 seasons. The organization and team is THAT broken.

Such is life for a QB in the NFL. You get all the praise for wins and get beaten to a pulp from guys like Grits when you lose. The bottom line is Vick is a mediocre passer with few receiving weapons. I mean think about it, how easy is it to shut down the Falcons passing game? Shut down Crumpler and it's checkmate. Jenkins and White are dropping passes like the ball is covered with vaseline. But if you really want to dig deeper into what I think the Falcons main reason for losing is their defense. After their bye, the defense is allowing 28 points per game over the last seven games. Giving up those kind of points on D is a recipe for disaster regardless of how good/bad Vick has been playing.

Oh by the way, even when Vick struggles, he's still a solid start and remains a top 5 fantasy QB. So bash him all you want, but the man continues to put up points.

what other aerial targets would you have him use? unless the coaches deactivate WRs 1-3 and/or demote them who should Vick throw to? so it would be Vick throwing to Crumpler, Dunn, McCrary and Norwood? yeah that's a recipe for a prolific pass game.

Um..i wouldn't have him use other aerial targets. I would have him use the WRs on the field. But Vick can't get them the ball consistently, and apparently they have hooks for hands and can't catch anyway.

not sure i caught your point..or maybe you missed mine. :D

on that example, yeah Vick didn't have to take a sack but my point was why the hell do you call a play to drop backwards 5-10yds when you're the top rushing team in the NFL?

also, yes a lot of called passes turn into runs but what do you expect. You're a QB in the NFL. You watch a half dozen of your passes clang incomplete off your receivers hands and chest. You have blazing speed. Don't tell me you wouldn't start to lose confidence in your receivers and decide to take off and make a play on your own more than usual.

again, i think we're missing each other's point. I'm not criticizing Vick for running. I think he needs to do it every single down. In fact, i think he should line up in the slot, and Schaub should QB, and ATL should embrace a QBBC, and I'm being dead serious. I dont see another combination that would work for this team. They between a rock and a Vick-place.

I said Vick is not in the top 5 for reasons this team sucks..but injuries can heal. Defenses can get better. WRs that can catch can be easily obtained in the draft. And then Vick will be the #1 reason why ATL sucks. Vick will always hold this team back, until he can used correctly. And giving him a college option play 40 times in a game ain't gonna cut it. A QBBC could really provide an element that I would not want in my division.

look, Vick shares some blame but how much is only a matter of opinion. In my opinion, he takes more blame than his fair share. Saying Vick is the problem and Schaub is the answer is grossly oversimplifying the matter. In fact, I'd go as far to say that if Vick were NOT Atlanta's QB they'd have struggled to win 18 games over the last 3 seasons. The organization and team is THAT broken.

i couldn't agree more, but what was the excuse last year? and what will be the excuse next year? this year there's other more pressing problems, but Vick is still on that list.