[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATL Homers

bushwacked

Such is life for a QB in the NFL. You get all the praise for wins and get beaten to a pulp from guys like Grits when you lose. The bottom line is Vick is a mediocre passer with few receiving weapons. I mean think about it, how easy is it to shut down the Falcons passing game? Shut down Crumpler and it's checkmate. Jenkins and White are dropping passes like the ball is covered with vaseline. But if you really want to dig deeper into what I think the Falcons main reason for losing is their defense. After their bye, the defense is allowing 28 points per game over the last seven games. Giving up those kind of points on D is a recipe for disaster regardless of how good/bad Vick has been playing.

Oh by the way, even when Vick struggles, he's still a solid start and remains a top 5 fantasy QB. So bash him all you want, but the man continues to put up points.

i never talk about Vick as a fantasy option. I personally would never draft him, unless you get extra points for qb rushing, as he's just too up and down. There's plenty of fantasy options that are a bit more consistent that you can draft much much much later.

As a fantasy option, whatever. I'm talking pure football, as if I was an ATL fan. I'm not. I love when ATL implodes, and I hope they never figure out what's ailing them. But i can be a fairly open minded non-homer when I need to be.

i never talk about Vick as a fantasy option. I personally would never draft him, unless you get extra points for qb rushing, as he's just too up and down. There's plenty of fantasy options that are a bit more consistent that you can draft much much much later.

The biggest myth going is Vick is inconsistent as a starting fantasy QB this year. He's actually one of the safest starts assuming your league gives rushing points to QB's. I don't know of many that don't. Even when he puts up crappy passing totals like he did today, he still does a lot better than big name qbs who rely solely on their arm due to Vick's rushing totals. This Sunday was a good example of that with guys like Bulger, Delhomme, Grossman, Brady, E. manning , etc. struggling. Check the stats and laugh all the way to a successful fantasy season starting Vick at QB while everyone else bashes him every Sunday.

grits, you're a broken record with this vick stuff, and i agree he's not a very good qb, but if you're watching today's game, you'd see that he's thrown some VERY nice, catchable balls that his ARRRRSE WR's simply dropped, many times when wide open. boink. boink. boink. off the chest, hands, head. unbelieveable how these a-holes white, lelie and jenkins still have jobs. cut em for practice squad guys, i say. time to admit you botched first round draft picks.

Don't pay any attention to Grits in a Vick thread, msaint. He is so completely biased, he's basically incapable of impartial observations on Vick. :D

Hmmm..Vick seems to run enough every game to make him a consistent starter, however, I never have drafted him because he always goes to high for my liking.

Hmmm..Vick seems to run enough every game to make him a consistent starter, however, I never have drafted him because he always goes to high for my liking.

well at the end of last year, IIRC, he didn't run nearly as much, and I just expected the same thing this year. He always goes higher than he's worth, and I can grab Bledsoe in the 12th round and then Romo off the WW :D

Vick was actually excellent value this year. Most leagues I've seen he was drafted fairly late and has been a top 10 QB for fantasy purposes.

He has looked good for FF purposes, but since your throwing draft value into the mix....don't forget Brees, Rivers, Kitna, Grossman, and Favre. This seems to happen at the QB position year in and year out.