[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP & Coaches Polls are out

SaintsFanUnfortunately

If usc and Florida wins next week, it's too bad we can't see a Florida-Michigan game. That would be an interesting game. I'd watch LSU-Michigan and root for LSU. Nothing against Michigan...I'm an SEC man.

Would be great period to have a playoff with the top 8 teams. The four major bowls could be the first round of games (seed 8 vs. seed 1 and so on). Only 3 total "extra" games after that - one extra game for the two teams who lose in the semis and two extra games for the two teams that play in the national championship game. We could keep the bowl system and still have a playoff system.

I for one, want to see Michigan-LSU Rose Bowl. Michigan could solidify there spot as the 2nd best team in the nation against a quality opponent. Keep ND out PLZ. I'd rather see 2 Big East teams than Notre Dame stinking up some bowl with that awful defense getting shredded.

Last I heard Notre Dame was the favorite to get the invite to the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan. The reason has to do with the tradition of the Rose Bowl. Thought they said something about it's been god knows how many years since the last time the Irish played in one.

Hey, wouldn't be the first time LSU got snubbed because of Notre Dame's tradition. Many years ago Notre Dame had always declined to participate in any postseason game until 1969. Of course that was the year LSU (9-1) was all but set to play against an undefeated Texas team in the then very prestigious Cotton Bowl. Instead the Cotton Bowl elected to take an 8-1-1 Irish team led by Joe Theismann. Still recall the Theismann for Heisman campaign. LSU players were so let down after being overlooked they declined to play in any bowl game that season and sat home during the holidays. Texas won that game and the NC that year.

From what I am hearing if the Rose Bowl takes ND then LSU goes to the Orange to play the winner of the ACC conference either Georgia Tech or Wake Forest. Well at least Miami has South Beach! :D

Last I heard Notre Dame was the favorite to get the invite to the Rose Bowl vs. Michigan. The reason has to do with the tradition of the Rose Bowl. Thought they said something about it's been god knows how many years since the last time the Irish played in one.

Hey, wouldn't be the first time LSU got snubbed because of Notre Dame's tradition. Many years ago Notre Dame had always declined to participate in any postseason game until 1969. Of course that was the year LSU (9-1) was all but set to play against an undefeated Texas team in the then very prestigious Cotton Bowl. Instead the Cotton Bowl elected to take an 8-1-1 Irish team led by Joe Theismann. Still recall the Theismann for Heisman campaign. LSU players were so let down after being overlooked they declined to play in any bowl game that season and sat home during the holidays. Texas won that game and the NC that year.

From what I am hearing if the Rose Bowl takes ND then LSU goes to the Orange to play the winner of the ACC conference either Georgia Tech or Wake Forest. Well at least Miami has South Beach! :D

But if Arkansas beats Florida, the Orange will take Florida shutting out LSU from the BCS even though we would be ranked 4th after the Florida loss.

But if Arkansas beats Florida, the Orange will take Florida shutting out LSU from the BCS even though we would be ranked 4th after the Florida loss.

Tiger fans should be used to getting snubbed. In defense of the Gators should that happen they did beat us head to head this season. Remember last season when the LSU got snubbed by the Capital One Bowl which took Auburn over LSU even though LSU beat Auburn that year and we played in the SEC Championship Game. So if that does happen I could live with it, especially since the Orange will not be a glamorous match-up anyway. Prefer a matchup with either Wisconsin or Penn State myself. As it turned out last year LSU's Peach Bowl game vs. Miami was one of the best bowl game matchups with #9 vs. #10.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Of all the BCS crimes that get talked about on these boards, ND getting a BCS bid (let alone the Rose Bowl) would trump them all. They do not have a single quality win and were beaten by 20+ points by the only elite level teams they played. What a freaking crock.

So, it's 10 teams now isn't it?

OSU

USC

FLA

LSU or ARK

Mich

Wake or GA Tech

Rutgers or Louisville

OK or Neb

Boise St. ('cause their undefeated)

OK, so there are your automatics

For the last one, of course I'd prefer to see a 3rd SEC team in but lacking that at least Louisville and Rutgers have a quality win. I was going to say OK if they lose but the closest thing they have to a quality win is A&M and what some could argue should have been a win against an Oregon team that didn't turn out to be all that good.

Once again, the combo of not beating anyone good and having two resounding defeats on your record should be enough to keep a team out.

Now that we have 10 instead of 8, did they eliminate the rule about having more than 2 from the same conf.? If so, LSU deserves a shot along with Ark/Aub and FLA. (I'm assuming FLA beats Ark on Saturday - but I could be wrong.) That would go along way towards making up for the SEC snubs of the past.

But if that rule is still in place, then I'd give the extra seat to the loser of the Big12 title game over ND. The Domers just don't deserve it with that poor D, aside from how much I like Brady Quinn's skills and attitude. But I fear they will sneak in, and get blown out...

Edited by Coffeeman

Depends on how far Florida drops. If they drop below LSU, I could still see LSU getting in.

You would think so, however the problem here is that it's an at large bid and the word around my neck of the woods is that the Orange Bowl is drooling at the prospect of getting Florida. I've been instructed by my fellow LSU buddies that we need to be rooting for the Gators this week if we want a trip to Miami.

Personally I would prefer Wisconsin over Georgia Tech or Wake Forest. Unlike some I've learned to respect the Badgers football program over the years.

Now that we have 10 instead of 8, did they eliminate the rule about having more than 2 from the same conf.?

The rule is still in place. :D

A reason that Wisconsin already accepted the Capital One Bowl bid was that they were not eligible for a BCS bowl by finishing 3rd in the Big Ten.

The rule is still in place. :D

A reason that Wisconsin already accepted the Capital One Bowl bid was that they were not eligible for a BCS bowl by finishing 3rd in the Big Ten.

thanks, Big John! BTW, who knows how good Wisconsin really is, with that schedule? I wouldn't have put them in anyway...

You would think so, however the problem here is that it's an at large bid and the word around my neck of the woods is that the Orange Bowl is drooling at the prospect of getting Florida. I've been instructed by my fellow LSU buddies that we need to be rooting for the Gators this week if we want a trip to Miami.

Personally I would prefer Wisconsin over Georgia Tech or Wake Forest. Unlike some I've learned to respect the Badgers football program over the years.

As an Iowa fan, Wisconsin is public enemy #3. I do however respect there program. Of course, it took Barry Alvarez, a Hayden Fry disciple to build it, but that's beside the point. They got us this year, but I don't think that makes up for the previous 4 years. We'll get those stinkin Badgers next year.