[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what the #$%& is wrong with Holt?

vansmack32

His and Bulger's statistical swoons the last few weeks are going to knock me out of the playoff hunt in my local. :D:bash: Both Ronnie Brown and Kevin Jones getting hurt at the exact same time as the Rams' swoon didn't help either. :tup::clap::D

I have Shaun Alexander, Bulger, Holt, K. Jones and McGahee. These guys are doing a fine job to keep me out of the playoffs this year. :doh:

I gotta join the pile on this week..The past few weeks ive seen Holt bashing but I didnt chime in because he was so good the first few weeks..Now he is just awful..I dont care if its Bulger or whatever the bottom line is he is killing me when I need him most..

About 5 weeks ago, after his first bad performance, I said "you f'n suck pr*ck" Now what do you guys have to say to me now huh??? :D

We still say you were jumping on a guy that was red hot and had one bad game..Now we say you are a legend clairvoyant and we bow before you

FWIW, the local rumors have it that the recievers aren't real happy with the routes in the new offense. They say there aren't enough different patterns, too many plays running the same straight ahead routes, and not enough in-routes and double moves to keep the D-Backs honest, making it easy to cover them. It's a combination of a blander offense than Martz' and some pretty shoddy play calling, too.

The reasoning here is that the offense is now on film for 10 or 11 games and the NFL defensive coordinators have figured it out - hence the drop-off.

It also appears that Linehan has stressed to Bulger the absolute necessity to not throw picks, so he often refuses to throw the ball deep and instead checks it off to SJax, who I believe is now our leading receiver. Bulger at times looks like he's scared to take any risk at all.

Personally, I think the O-line is a big part of it as well...

Keep in mind, Linehan is no longer calling the plays.

Greg Olson called the plays for the 1st time this season and it appeared that they were taking a few more shots down the field than previous games. I'm not saying that the plays are going to change dramatically but hopefully they'll changed for the better. Jackson seemed to benefit the most form Olson.

Edit:

I'd also like to add that rookie Mark Setterstrom looked pretty sharp yesterday, he should help with the offensive line issues.

Edited by twiley

Amazing to me that Curtis has been the top FF STL WR for 3 of the past 5 weeks, but then he draws a 0.0 2 games ago. I'd almost attribute this to a changing of the guard in STL at WR, except that Holt is still in his prime & is a top WR in the NFL. Even double covered, STL still ought to be making an effort to get him the ball. Linehan did just that for Moss in MIN & Chambers in MIA, but in STL he seems to have thrown Holt onto the scrap heap.

Holt's lack of production is killing me in one league also - I was lucky enough to trade him immediately before his fall from grace in my dynasty league & got top value for him through the fortune of the timing.

I'll do whatever I can. The other thing about Holt is that Linehan has handed over the play-calling to his OC as of this last game against SF. I don't know whether this was widely reported nationally or not. He ran the hell out of the ball, and we eeked out a come-from-behind win, so I'd expect to see an emphasis on the running game in the coming weeks unless we get behind (like maybe against Chicago on Monday night in a couple weeks.)

Next week against AZ, I'd bet on SJax to touch the ball a total of 30+ times. Will that open things up for Torry? Your guess is every bit as good as mine, for sure!

He's been killing me as well. But even if I had a better WR option, I'm not going to bench Holt.

It probably doesn't help that the Rams starting C and LT are out for the season, especially on the deep routes where Holt really shines.

Edited by Bill Swerski

from fanball:

11/27/06 12:57 PM

THE NEWS

Rams quarterback Marc Bulger left Sunday's win over the 49ers for three plays just before halftime, with the given diagnosis being that he had the wind knocked out of him. Following the game, however, Bulger revealed that it was a bit more serious. "I've had a bruised rib," Bulger told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "And he [49ers defensive end Bryant Young] got me right on the spot. So it pretty much knocked the wind out of me, and I couldn't breathe. I couldn't get up."

Our View

Bulger added that he has been taking pain-killing shots for "three or four weeks in a row now" in order to play through the rib injury. While we admire his courage, we must also point out that Bulger's production has tailed off dramatically over the past month. Perhaps there's a correlation?