[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the heck is going on with SD?

dolphz

I think for it to be a forward pass you have to have intent to throw it forward. Everyone knew the player was trying to spike the ball. It was a very bad call, one of the worst ones I've ever seen.

It the league uses this mentality, everytime it looks like a fumble is going forward, can they say it was an illegal forward pass?

LT owners should be happy because this changed the whole game for the bolts and they came to life after this as the Raiders just sunk into a funk.

RACE CAR IN THE RED, JULES!

Sure, it was worse. A complete cop-out and a bunch of crap made up on the fly.

At least the Tuck was an actual rule in th ebooks, and enforced to the letter of the law as the ref interpreted th eplay. Total BS interpretation, yes, but this BS flip flopping and redefining of the call on the field is what really pisses me off today.

But ya know what? The hard faact is, much like in the Snow Job, the Raiders didn't lose the game on that call. They STILL had the lead and they STILL lost it. It pisses me off and I think it's crap, but I am not a blind homer. The game was lost after that, and LT is still the man I love.

At least the Tuck was an actual rule in th ebooks, and enforced to the letter of the law as the ref interpreted th eplay. Total BS interpretation, yes, but this BS flip flopping and redefining of the call on the field is what really pisses me off today.

But ya know what? The hard faact is, much like in the Snow Job, the Raiders didn't lose the game on that call. They STILL had the lead and they STILL lost it. It pisses me off and I think it's crap, but I am not a blind homer. The game was lost after that, and LT is still the man I love.

The Raiders are too mentally weak to overcome a horrendous call like this. After this call was made they were a different team. LT started lighting them up and taking then dagger to them while they were down (sorry for the RayRay reference).

Art Shell and the Raiders are due a letter from the league apologizing for this. That was a friggin' scandal, one of the worst calls I've ever seen. A total disgrace.

The best part was the subsequent close-up of VJax with the caption, "First NFL career pass attempt."!!! :D

Seriously though, that call was a gift. I'm still in shock that they ruled it an illegal forward pass, but as an unabashed homer I'll take the call. The intent was clearly to spike the ball. I thought I had seen everything in a NFL game until today!!! :D

As a Charger homer. this is going to sound well, homerish

As a student of the game and someone who has done a short stint at officiating (I couldn't deal with wearing the stripes after playing as long as I did), let me try to clarify the "interpretation.

Any undowned player once past the originating line of scrimmage for the current play that causes the ball to intentionally move downfield, leaving that players possession has committed an illegal forward pass (decades ago know as illegal foward lateral).

The keyword here is intentionally, which excludes fumbles as a result of contact. Jackson clearly thought he had been downed by contact and made an incredibly stupid error. He was not attempting to get the ball to any player in particular, or even trying to further advance the ball. That is why this interpretation hurts the Raider faithful so much.

Though not in the "spirit" of the rule, this interpretation was exactly right. Jackson was the ONLY player causing the ball to be advanced downfild, therefore, illegal forward pass. The Chargers got lucky, but they didn't cheat!

Many of these rules were derived after the Raiders committed the "immaculate Deception" (AKA Holy Roller) when three players intentionally "fumbled" the ball forward, into the end zone and winning the game. These three players after the game admitted to intentionally cheating and getting away with it.

I call it more poetic justice than luck. But I am a Charger Fan with a long memory/history. :D

RACE CAR IN THE RED, JULES!

Well I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherF*cker, motherf*cker. Everytime my hands touch brain, I'm supafly TNT. I'm the guns of Navaronne....in fact..what the f*ck am I doing in the backseat? You the motherf*cker should be on brain detail. We F*cking switching. I'm washing the windows, you pickin up this n*ggas skull.

By the way, I agree with DD. They were emotionally flat. They are missing more than Merriman and key players on BOTH sides of the ball. The team gets a lot healthier next week. The D has struggled without Merriman AND CASTILLO. McCree was playing part time and Phillips is still not 100 %. One week will make a big difference!

Well I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherF*cker, motherf*cker. Everytime my hands touch brain, I'm supafly TNT. I'm the guns of Navaronne....in fact..what the f*ck am I doing in the backseat? You the motherf*cker should be on brain detail. We F*cking switching. I'm washing the windows, you pickin up this n*ggas skull.

I don't wanna hear about no m*therf*ckin' ifs. All I wanna hear from your a$$ is, You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the m*therf*cker. Go back in there, chill them ni**ers out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.

I don't wanna hear about no m*therf*ckin' ifs. All I wanna hear from your a$$ is, You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the m*therf*cker. Go back in there, chill them ni**ers out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.

you aint got no problem, Jules.

i'm on the motherf*cker.

Go back in there...chill them n*ggas out, and wait for the Wolf, which be coming direct.

Correctamundo. Thast what were gonna be. Were gonna be cool.

I think this thread has been successfully derailed

wrong. the correct reply was

"...you sending the wolf?"

edit: and this thread has been successfully SAVED.

Edited by LooGie