[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Add Coughlin to fired list

FishFreak

Much of this stuff is true but the bottom line for this team is injuries.The Giants are absolutley decimated by the injury bug right now.If they just had the starters at the defensive end positions we would not be having this discussion and the G-men would be 8-3.

I don't disagree that injuries have killed them and that they have more than every other team combined seemingly, but that is still NO excuse for the way they have played being sloppy and with a bad attitude. And it is 1000000000% NO excuse for blowing a 21-0 4th Q lead in Tenn. So while I agree they have had TONS of injuries you are giving them an out they do NOT deserve.

I think that Coughlin is gone if the G-men collapse. Next season will be a bigger challenge though. Eli Manning is looking like just another QB instead of the second coming of his dad and brother. Tiki Barber is gone and it doesn't look like the G-men have a replacement for the guy who has been their best offensive player for the last 5-6 seasons now. The defense might come back if they can get and stay healthy next year.

The future depends on Eli Manning, and one good season in the last 3 years does not convince me that he can carry the load, especially without Tiki to keep defenses honest versus the run. And no, I don't think that Tiki Barber is coming back next season, even if the Giants got Jesus Christ to return to be their coach. My feeling is that Tiki is going to be 32 next year and wants to leave the game on top and with his health. Tiki wants to be a broadcaster, and he does a good job of it actually. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him behind a cable/broadcast/sports network anchor desk one day.

Plus he knows that America needs another high-profile football retiree to follow in Emmitt's and Jerry's footsteps (the cha-cha maybe?) on Dancing With the Stars!!

I think that Coughlin is gone if the G-men collapse. Next season will be a bigger challenge though. Eli Manning is looking like just another QB instead of the second coming of his dad and brother. Tiki Barber is gone and it doesn't look like the G-men have a replacement for the guy who has been their best offensive player for the last 5-6 seasons now. The defense might come back if they can get and stay healthy next year.

The future depends on Eli Manning, and one good season in the last 3 years does not convince me that he can carry the load, especially without Tiki to keep defenses honest versus the run. And no, I don't think that Tiki Barber is coming back next season, even if the Giants got Jesus Christ to return to be their coach. My feeling is that Tiki is going to be 32 next year and wants to leave the game on top and with his health. Tiki wants to be a broadcaster, and he does a good job of it actually. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him behind a cable/broadcast/sports network anchor desk one day.

Plus he knows that America needs another high-profile football retiree to follow in Emmitt's and Jerry's footsteps (the cha-cha maybe?) on Dancing With the Stars!!

I agree on Eli, which is exactly what I said 4 or 5 posts ago, but disgaree on the RB thing. Look we don't know for sure what Jacobs is, but I know he runs strong and powerfully, and most importantly for the Giants PLAYS WITH PASSION something they have none of. So I think Jacobs can be real good, sort of LJ light, but Eli is the issue. He needs to be THE guy in every way for this team to win, and his ability and personality seem to lean towards that NOT happening.

And Tiki is GONE after the season.

Edited by giantsfan

I don't disagree that injuries have killed them and that they have more than every other team combined seemingly, but that is still NO excuse for the way they have played being sloppy and with a bad attitude. And it is 1000000000% NO excuse for blowing a 21-0 4th Q lead in Tenn. So while I agree they have had TONS of injuries you are giving them an out they do NOT deserve.

I am not trying to give them an out but it is apparent that the Giants cannot play 4 quarters of football with the current starters on that team.They are down to playing back-ups to the back-ups at many positions.I just feel that this is why the team is imploding.All I have to do is look back the the Giants-Cowboys game not so long ago.Attitudes were in check,Eli was playing well and things looked rosey.That is the point in the season when the injuries started to pile up.Losing breeds contempt and if I had to point a finger it would be at the injuries.With all that said every team has to deal with injuries and the Giants cannot.Coughlin may not be a good fit for this team.He cannot rule with an iron fist as his players will cry like babies.He loosens up a bit this year and he has guys taking advantage of it.This is just a bad situation all the way around and I do not know if a coaching change is the answer.The players do not respect him IMO but I do not know if they would respect anyone for that matter.It seems to me that regardless of the coaching tactics the players are a bunch of whiners.

Injuries have certainly contributed to the Giants decline but that's life in the NFL. Plenty of other teams could use that as an excuse also. Coughlin has simply lost control of his team and Eli is regressing. Even though the defense has been depleted by injuries, it seems that the Toomer injury really set this offense back. The Giants just can't seem to find a competent no. 2 WR and Burress as we know is moody and inconsistent.

coughlin hasn't done the greatest job steering the ship, granted. but the giants players as a group are being a bunch of whiny Rosie O'Donnell and ultimately, i believe, sabotaging their own season with their insubordination. there's a lack of professionalism there from top to bottom. to be fair, on the defensive side of the ball injuries may be the main culprit. but on the offensive side, all the whining and backbiting from the coach and the "star" players on down has turned a very talented, promising unit into a big turd.

It really pains me to agree with this. There is a complete lack of professionalism on the Offensive side of the ball.

I am not trying to give them an out but it is apparent that the Giants cannot play 4 quarters of football with the current starters on that team.They are down to playing back-ups to the back-ups at many positions.I just feel that this is why the team is imploding.All I have to do is look back the the Giants-Cowboys game not so long ago.Attitudes were in check,Eli was playing well and things looked rosey.That is the point in the season when the injuries started to pile up.Losing breeds contempt and if I had to point a finger it would be at the injuries.With all that said every team has to deal with injuries and the Giants cannot.Coughlin may not be a good fit for this team.He cannot rule with an iron fist as his players will cry like babies.He loosens up a bit this year and he has guys taking advantage of it.This is just a bad situation all the way around and I do not know if a coaching change is the answer.The players do not respect him IMO but I do not know if they would respect anyone for that matter.It seems to me that regardless of the coaching tactics the players are a bunch of whiners.

That is RIGHT on. The players on the Giants, especially on O, are a joke. That is their issue. Add in that their QB is not a leader like most QB's are in terms of getting in their faces and telling them enough is enough and there you go. It is a mess.

It is in facing adversity, that one finds the true measure of a man. How have the giants dealt with the adversity of their injuries?

This should answer your question:

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports for the first time in their 82-year history, the New York Giants surrendered at least a 20-point lead in the fourth quarter and lost, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The Giants were defeated by the Tennessee Titans 24-21 in Week 12.

KFFL.

Lets eee Tiki ripped the coaches after the Carol game and now did it again after last weeks game. Here is what you are missing. It isn't about right or wrong it is about YOU KEEP THAT STUFF IN HOUSE. He may be 10000% right but you don't say it pubically. He needs to shut up with that stuff.

:D

Coughlin lost total control of this team & he needs to go.

Next week is the Giant's season. Do they fold or do they come out fighting?

The NFC wildcard will be 9-7 so 3-2 gets you in.

Can Eli step up and show he's a good QB or will he prove everyone right and fold?

These are big questions that only can be answered next Sunday at 4:00.

Coughlin lost total control of this team & he needs to go.

Next week is the Giant's season. Do they fold or do they come out fighting?

The NFC wildcard will be 9-7 so 3-2 gets you in.

Can Eli step up and show he's a good QB or will he prove everyone right and fold?

These are big questions that only can be answered next Sunday at 4:00.

1. Win or lose against Dall they can not win the division now.

2. At this point make the playoffs don't make the playoffs who cares. Get in as a 6 seed wow so they lose round 1 in Seattle.

And I'll add something else I wish all the Giants players had attitudes like Kiwi. Yes he made a mistake, a somewhat understandable one with all the late hit penalties, but a mistake. Yet there he was as a ROOKIE after the game saying he screwed up and taking full accountability. What Coughlin did to him, because he can and can't do that to a guy like Plax, was a joke. I wish all the Giants had his attitude. Add in Plax is a complete disgrace and there you go.

1. Win or lose against Dall they can not win the division now.

2. At this point make the playoffs don't make the playoffs who cares. Get in as a 6 seed wow so they lose round 1 in Seattle.

1. Beat Dallas this week and they will be tied, with a sweep and a 4-0 division record. Why exactly can they not win the division? I can only speculate that you are continuing to be pesimistic and believe that Dallas will finish with a better record...

2. I care.

1. Beat Dallas this week and they will be tied, with a sweep and a 4-0 division record. Why exactly can they not win the division? I can only speculate that you are continuing to be pesimistic and believe that Dallas will finish with a better record...

2. I care.

1. I FULLY think the Giants can beat Dallas this weekend. BUT even if they do look at Dallas' schedule then look at the Giants schedule and tell me over the last 4 games they'll have the same record, they won't Dallas' schedule is MUCH easier.

2. Okay we differ there. To me not making the playoffs AND losing in Seattle or home v Carol like last season is the same thing. But that is me. Any hope the Giants had of big things, meaning HF or at least the 2 seed, was blown the past 3 weeks.

IF they collapse? What do you mean IF? Fellas, face it, as Boys fans we've been through this before, and I assure you that the Gmen are finished for the year. We will make sure of that on Sunday. :D

WATCH OUT for that falling debris!

Edited by Cowboyz1

Lets eee Tiki ripped the coaches after the Carol game and now did it again after last weeks game. Here is what you are missing. It isn't about right or wrong it is about YOU KEEP THAT STUFF IN HOUSE. He may be 10000% right but you don't say it pubically. He needs to shut up with that stuff.

so as a member of an organization, he can't express a little about that organization? he didn't even make a big deal out of it. He didn't fly off the handle or make an ass of himself like Shockey does every other week.