[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore?

Gros Membres!

49ers coach Mike Nolan called the injury a bruise after two sets of X-rays were performed.

Doesn't sound too serious. Man I am having a rough few weeks with RB's. I had KJ last week and he gets hurt. I am able to turn that into Gore and now he tweaks an ankle. Good stuff. Sounds fine though just a bruise. I would assume that is no huge deal.

49ers coach Mike Nolan called the injury a bruise after two sets of X-rays were performed.

Doesn't sound too serious. Man I am having a rough few weeks with RB's. I had KJ last week and he gets hurt. I am able to turn that into Gore and now he tweaks an ankle. Good stuff. Sounds fine though just a bruise. I would assume that is no huge deal.

That's what I'm assuming...looking forward to more info. After all, he did come back in the game for the last drive.

That's what I'm assuming...looking forward to more info. After all, he did come back in the game for the last drive.

However, he sat on Niners last 3 or 4 plays. The biggest being the 3rd and 1 the Niners didn't convert, which ended up costing them the game (since they had to settle for a FG).

However, it's good for Gore owners that the backups arent' converting in short yardage situations. I don't see them taking out Gore in these situations anymore (if he's healthy).

However, he sat on Niners last 3 or 4 plays. The biggest being the 3rd and 1 the Niners didn't convert, which ended up costing them the game (since they had to settle for a FG).

However, it's good for Gore owners that the backups arent' converting in short yardage situations. I don't see them taking out Gore in these situations anymore (if he's healthy).

I agree with that. How many times does Robinson need to be stuffed in SY before they say enough with him.

49ers RB Frank Gore rolled his right ankle in the fourth quarter of San Francisco's 20-17 loss in St. Louis, but coach Mike Nolan described the injury as a bruise. He was taken for X-rays after the game and again before the 49ers left town. He had 21 carries for 134 yards and one touchdown (12-yard run) with 31 yards receiving in the game.

(Updated 11/27/2006).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Expect Gore to play and do well at New Orleans in Week 13. Consider him a No. 1 Fantasy RB for the game and for much of the rest of the season.

X-rays on RB Frank Gore's injured lower leg were reportedly negative, but he's scheduled to undergo further testing Monday.

(Updated 11/27/2006)

IMPACT

Gore received treatment for the injury for quite a while following Sunday's game, indicating that it was a problem with his shin rather than to his ankle, as the 49ers said earlier.

Again doesn't sound too serious but until you hear for sure you worry a little.

I'd lean towards neither. That is the truth. If you started either of those guys you'd be in big trouble IMO.

against the Saints this week, I'd play whichever back was the starter....

I think Hicks or Robinson can get 100+ and a score along with some receptions as well..

against the Saints this week, I'd play whichever back was the starter....

I think Hicks or Robinson can get 100+ and a score along with some receptions as well..

1. I don't think it will be an issue anyway since from all that has been said Gore should be okay.

2. Good luck with that. I for one would not want to start 1 of those 2 in week 13. At best you'd have a split with Hicks between the 20's and Robinson inside the RZ.

BUT I don't think it will be an issue anyway.

I was at the game, and we were stunned that Gore was on the bench that series, even though he was standing on the sideline with no trainers around him. Could that have been why they didn't go for it on 4th down against one of the worst run defenses around?

I was at the game, and we were stunned that Gore was on the bench that series, even though he was standing on the sideline with no trainers around him. Could that have been why they didn't go for it on 4th down against one of the worst run defenses around?

it very well could be that Gore's injury is a bit worse than advertised and that's why they didn't put him out there for that 4th down try.

However... Mike Nolan doesn't need an excuse to make a stupid game management decision.

1. I don't think it will be an issue anyway since from all that has been said Gore should be okay.

2. Good luck with that. I for one would not want to start 1 of those 2 in week 13. At best you'd have a split with Hicks between the 20's and Robinson inside the RZ.

BUT I don't think it will be an issue anyway.

he may only get 100 yds and 2 TD this week against the Saints because of his ankle..

According to rotoworld, it's gore's shin, not his ankle and he's undergoing more testing today. i, for one, am worried about the injury. plus, this is the third game this season that gore has gotten hurt and been taken out of the game. all three have been different injuries as well -- head, ribs, and now shin.

According to rotoworld, it's gore's shin, not his ankle and he's undergoing more testing today. i, for one, am worried about the injury. plus, this is the third game this season that gore has gotten hurt and been taken out of the game. all three have been different injuries as well -- head, ribs, and now shin.

My thought is I wouldn't be worried and I wouldn't be not worried. He got x-rays and they called it a bruise. He did come back in as well before he left again. I don't know what an MRI will show but at this point I wouldn't be positive or negative. As for his injury issues this is why long term for seasons to come I couldn't trust Gore, he is injury prone. I am hoping he makes it through the next 5 games and then he can go his own way in terms of my team.

Gore has really helped me of late, and I would be hurting if he is out, but because I got him so low in the drafts, I have back-ups that aren't too bad. Without Gore in my leagues my line-up for RBs would be:

Alexander/FWP

Barber/FWP

Barber/Addai

R. Johnson/Betts (now that Ronnie Brown is hurt)

It would be a blow though, I'm 6-6 in two leagues, and 7-5 in two leagues, so I have to win the next two games.