[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATTN: Brian Westbrook owners..

Avernus

I am just curious...is Westy's production worth it knowing you probably won't have him 3-4 weeks during the season?...has it been worth it?...

looking at his production chart, it seems as if he almost neatly missed a game here and there and came back pretty strong both times...

I will admit, he's shocked me with what he's done so far and I'd expect him to continue this...

what's your take?...I own him in one league..

I am just curious...is Westy's production worth it knowing you probably won't have him 3-4 weeks during the season?...has it been worth it?...

looking at his production chart, it seems as if he almost neatly missed a game here and there and came back pretty strong both times...

I will admit, he's shocked me with what he's done so far and I'd expect him to continue this...

I own him in three and will be keeping him in all of them. He has been the difference between me fighting for playoffs in all three leagues versus losing interest in the playoffs weeks ago.

Last night it would have been easy for him to mail it in but he produced an outstanding performance right to the end.

I have him in one of 2 leagues. He's the #5 scorer there and 10th in the other. He's only missed one week. The other 10 weeks he's avg'ing 24 ppw! I'm keeping him next year also.

Had I committed to him and stuck with him I would have two more wins than I do now in my league with him. Played RB roulette early on and hurt myself, although I don't know what I should have done differently. He seems to be as consistent as it gets for RBs not known by their initials this season. I traded away Barber and McGahee a couple of weeks ago to commit to Westy and Gore for the rest of the way. We'll see how that turns out.

I own him in three and will be keeping him in all of them. He has been the difference between me fighting for playoffs in all three leagues versus losing interest in the playoffs weeks ago.

Last night it would have been easy for him to mail it in but he produced an outstanding performance right to the end.

:D Guy showed some major stones last night with the whole Colts D keyin on him.....

Was I the only one holding my breath in trash time? I thought that was a needless risk running him with the game WAY out of reach.

That being said, I have been pretty happy with him except for the one game where he was listed as Questionable and then actually was scratched. That lost me that week. But yeah, for where I got him in the draft, he has paid off handsomely.

Edited by cre8tiff

Definately worth it. 1) He's only missed one game this year. So long as you can make changes up to gametime, that's fine by me. 2) The guy is a yardage machine, so you have a very good chance to at least get some nice yards points. Those double threat guys are awesome that way. 3) How many options does one usually have anyway? Even if you go by stud RB theory, there are still so many that bust/get injured that most years you should feel good to have 2 good starting RBs.

** Yes, this is the cue for some random lurker to tell us about how he drafted so well and has 4 to choose from. Super for you, buddy. **

Other choices in Westrbook's draft range include guys like Lamont Jordan, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, maybe even Mike Bell with the preseason hype on him. There's also nice plays like Kevin Jones, Rudi, Chester Taylor, FWP, etc. but how many of us would have nailed these groups preseason?

I have kept him despite your advice to trade him earlier in the year. No one in my league wanted to assume the risk and I could get nothing fair in return. I think this is to be expected with Westbrook. He's a gamble due to his lingering health issues week in and week out.

In return for my sleepless nights and hours spent sifting through the local Philadelphia sports pages (something I never thought I'd do in my life), I have been rewarded with a top 5 (especially in a PPR) back. I drafted Westbrook at the 1.12 and he has surpassed my expectations every week. I will admit the selling point for me drafting him was Rattass' sleeper column in the preseason. I did laugh under my breath when I got to pick him and I'm still laughing now in 1st place.

I think the production continues this season. I do worry about his health still. The IND D really seemed to be going after his knee last night but I thought he held up well and never stopped playing. That's what impressed me most. Even when Feely came in and it was a rout, Westbrook still caught 4 or 5 passes before time ran out.

I definitely think he's worth the risk. As Irish Doggy points out he only missed one game. Most studs seem to these days.

I do think if you draft Westbrook it is important to be good as sussing out sleepers in the preseason and be active on the wire. Having RB depth and potential is a must with Westbrook. In other words, you have to balance the gamble with depth and consistency.

He's been great to my team this year. I recommend him.

He still got points...10 pts was my lowest count vs. NO - 75 rush yards and 3 rec. for 3 yds. He did have 38 yds. rushing vs. JAX as well but put in a healthy 8 receptions for 68 yds. as well. No stats here on playing time.

Edit: this is a reply to Avernus' ?

Edited by Gros Membres!

With the question being "is he worth it" I can't see anyone saying no this year. Highest I saw him go was in PPR leagues, up as high as 8/9 overall. Most leagues he was a mid-2nd to early 3rd rounder.

He's sitting around 3rd for RB, and has only missed the one game (now. that one was painful cause there was not much of a warning about him not playing).

When your 2nd RB (in prob 2/3rds of teams that have him) puts up top 5 RB numbers, you really aren't going to complain that much that he missed one week.

Even if he get's hurt now, he was worth it - just hope folks have the depth behind him if that happens (although really, if any RB gets hurt week 13 forward, it's not a "shock" is it - that's just football).