[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much more valuable are QB rush yds vs. pass yds?

kcmast

So how much more valuable are 50 yards rushing by a QB than 50 yards passing (or 75, 100, etc.)? I know it can change the way a defense has to play the game, but I'm not sure if 150 yards passing and 75 rushing is really that much better than 225 yards passing (i.e. instead of every QB run, he throws for that number of yards).

Opinions?

Assuming that you're not talking about FF football . . .

I think that they are much less valuable. Very few plays are designed runs for the QB. Therefore, if the QB runs, it most likely means that the offense did not execute the play that was called.

I want my QB to execute the play.

In football a yard is a yard. If anything, it is more important that your QB be able to put up the passing yards than it is the rushing yards, should you be in a position to have to come from behind. If you are ahead, you want to run the ball, but then the defenses know you are going to run the ball, so why would you want to put your QB in as situation where he can be T'ed off on? I would much rather have a QB that is an accomplished passer than a running back that occasionally throws the ball, unless that running back that occassionally throws the ball is named LT.

I meant it to be in the context of Vick rushing yards (not FF). There was also a post about Vick having 7000 rushing yards in a HOF consideration. If he has proportionately less passing yards is it that meaningful? So maybe the question should be, is a yard a yard when it comes to a QB passing or rushing?