[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McAllister and Bush

Savage Beatings

I was just comparing numbers for these guys and thought I'd post their stats for the year.

Deuce McAllister:

+----------+-------------+--------+----+| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD |+----------+-------------+--------+----+|  1  cle  |   22	90  |	 0  |  0 ||  2  gnb  |   12	47  |	24  |  2 ||  3  atl  |   19	81  |	13  |  0 ||  4  car  |   11	39  |	 8  |  1 ||  5  tam  |   15   123  |	 8  |  1 ||  6  phi  |   12	64  |	36  |  0 ||  8  bal  |	5	11  |	 8  |  0 ||  9  tam  |   15	32  |	12  |  1 || 10  pit  |   15	60  |	 2  |  2 || 11  cin  |   10	40  |	29  |  0 || 12  atl  |   20	71  |	 5  |  2 |+----------+-------------+--------+----+|  TOTAL   |  156   658  |   145  |  9 |+----------+-------------+--------+----+

Reggie Bush:

+----------+-------------+--------+----+| WK  OPP  |  RSH   YD   |  RECYD | TD |+----------+-------------+--------+----+|  1  cle  |   14	61  |	58  |  0 ||  2  gnb  |	6	 5  |	68  |  0 ||  3  atl  |   13	53  |	19  |  0 ||  4  car  |   11	22  |	48  |  0 ||  5  tam  |	9	23  |	63  |  0 ||  6  phi  |   11	25  |	35  |  0 ||  8  bal  |	5	16  |	 5  |  0 ||  9  tam  |   11	-5  |	22  |  0 || 10  pit  |   10	49  |	40  |  1 || 11  cin  |   13	51  |	58  |  0 || 12  atl  |	5	24  |	21  |  0 |+----------+-------------+--------+----+|  TOTAL   |  108   324  |   437  |  1 |+----------+-------------+--------+----+

Similar total yardage, but the big difference is in the TDs. McAllister has 9 on the year, where Bush only has 1 (or 2 if you count special teams). Will be interesting to see if New Orleans keeps the same backfield and same game plan for next year, or if they try to move one of these guys. As far as I can see there is no incentive for them to trade either RB.

Im glad you posted this. I was actually going to ask about Bush for next year. From a team perspective, I dont know why they would change something if it is working for them. From a fantasy perspective, I absolutely hate that they share time. Im a Bush owner and had high hopes for him, but it appears it will be a 2 headed beast next year unless they can get something really good and of need for Deuce and then make Bush the primary RB. Doubt thatll happen...

I wish this showed the reception count for both players as well...since Bush is more of a factor in the passing game..

McAllister has 23, Bush has 64. Bush is still an overglorified 3rd down back until he proves different.

As far as I can see there is no incentive for them to trade either RB.

I think they might be highly incentivized to move one of them because if I'm not mistaken, McAllister has a pretty rich contract, and we know Bush got a bundle, so the Saints probably have a disproportionate amount of salary cap space locked up in the RB position.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone would take on Bush's contract right now, he certainly seems overpaid for what he brings to the table (I thought "glorified third-down back" was a pretty apt description), and I'm not sure they can afford to move Deuce from a competitive perspective because Bush has not shown that he can carry the load full time.

Im glad you posted this. I was actually going to ask about Bush for next year. From a team perspective, I dont know why they would change something if it is working for them. From a fantasy perspective, I absolutely hate that they share time. Im a Bush owner and had high hopes for him, but it appears it will be a 2 headed beast next year unless they can get something really good and of need for Deuce and then make Bush the primary RB. Doubt thatll happen...

Trade him soon as you can :D