[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe says NO.

Grits and Shins

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. He knows he's done in Dallas anyhow and I bet he retires. He's been the Mr. Nice Guy Team Player his whole career. Guess he's done with that. :D

He's getting paid a very large amount of money to play how and when the coach asks him to. If he refuses to do so, then IMO he has just quit his job and should forfeit the rest of his contract as well as his roster spot on the team.

Good for him. He knows he's done in Dallas anyhow and I bet he retires. He's been the Mr. Nice Guy Team Player his whole career. Guess he's done with that. :D

Not to excuse Bledsoe's actions, but stuff like this happens when you throw a veteran QB under the bus because your O-line can't block. There was speculation that he was going to retire after being benched.

Not to excuse Bledsoe's actions, but stuff like this happens when you throw a veteran QB under the bus because your O-line can't block. There was speculation that he was going to retire after being benched.

How come Romo has been so much more successful behind the same line? :D

Didn't Kurt Warner once decline to go in a game, but for the reason it would hurt the confidence of the other QB that would be pulled?

I usually would be all over a player for not going in, but I didn't see the game or the situation and maybe they just asked Drew if he wanted to go in and he said no.

BTW crazy idea to throw him off your team, you may need him in a real situation in the future.

He's getting paid a very large amount of money to play how and when the coach asks him to. If he refuses to do so, then IMO he has just quit his job and should forfeit the rest of his contract as well as his roster spot on the team.

:D This is the correct answer. :D

If Bledsoe was a team player then it should not matter when and under what circumstances he is called upon to help his team. But Bledsoe got his wittle feewings hurt when he was benched for an untested 4th year rookie ... and salt was rubbed in the wound by how much better that untested rookie has been than Bledsoe.

But from the get go Bledsoe has made it clear that he is NOT a team player and believes he should be starting even to the detriment of the team.

A bigger man would have been happy to get some field time. A broken man :D on the sideline.

I will say this about Warner ... he always seemed to be supportive of the guys that have supplanted him and always stepped up when called upon ... except for the instance above when the QB ahead of him was on the verge of being pulled for poor performance and Warner adviced the team to stick with him so as not to break his confidence.

Bledsoe used to be a FINE quarterback. Never did seem to have that killer instinct, but he was very good for a very long time with NE. He's never been the same since the hit from Mo Lewis that ended up in him losing his job to Brady. When it happened, he was as classy as a guy could be. Never complained or made a scene (in public at the very least). He sucked it up and carried the clipboard on the sidelines with grace.

I think that Bledsoe's a little tired of being kicked around. He probably should have retired a few years ago, when all's said and done.

5 games doth not a stud maketh.

Good Lord, we finally shut Menudo up about Big Ben and now we're going to have to do it all over again with Romo. :D

Trust me, you haven't shut me up for good, I just know when to keep my mouth shut. :D

Imagine what Barry would have done behind that O-Line...

1. Salary cap does not work as simple as that. Not as big a lockerroom cancer as some make it out to be.

2. He may be needed to save the team's bacon in the play-offs (was needed like this for New England before).