[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe says NO.

Grits and Shins

Good for him. He knows he's done in Dallas anyhow and I bet he retires. He's been the Mr. Nice Guy Team Player his whole career. Guess he's done with that. :D

He was Mr nice in New England and when he went to Buffalo put a full page ad in the paper praising the fans and team. Another Cowboys hater is born.

"But from the get go Bledsoe has made it clear that he is NOT a team player and believes he should be starting even to the detriment of the team. "

We don't know the whole situation there. I doubt if it's a hissy fit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe was asked to go into last Thursday's game for mop up duty and responded "No, Tony is doing fine".

What a :D

Can't believe Big Bill let him get away with it ... I would make his ass the 3rd string QB.

Maybe Bledsoe picked up Romo on his fantasy team to replace himself.

1. Salary cap does not work as simple as that. Not as big a lockerroom cancer as some make it out to be.

2. He may be needed to save the team's bacon in the play-offs (was needed like this for New England before).

Well my comment of course is an extreme reaction, but it makes a point... sure you're not going to just cut Bledsoe because he refused to spell Romo at the end of a regular season game that was well in hand, but if you're Tuna, you're definitely gonna think twice before you think you can rely on this selfish fool to help the team out of a jam later on when it is more meaningful. A professional head coach will always attempt to put in the players that give him the best chance to win, and if Romo gets hurt sometime this year, Bledsoe will no doubt be that person... but you have to believe that right now Parcells is hoping that he never ever has to give Bledsoe another opportunity to take a snap for Dallas.

Bledsoe behind the "bad line" of Dallas sucked

Romo behind the same "bad line" of Dallas has excelled

It's gonna get harder on Romo as the season goes on. How many people have seen a backup come in and play exceptionally well for a couple of games only to fade? The reason is that the opposing teams don't have a lot of game tape on him and haven't figured out his tendencies. The more games played, the more opposing defenses have to work with when coming up with their weekly game plan.

That isn't to sell short what Romo has done. He's certainly proved to be an above average NFL QB at this stage of the game. But only time will tell if the other teams can catch up to him or if he can maintain this lofty standard.

FWIW, I don't think we know all the story about Bledsoe. I know every Cowboy fan always has and always will hate him so it goes without saying that they will dump on him every chance they get. In the pst, he's proven to be one of the most classy players to ever don an NFL uniform so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise.

And you surely know that anytime you bring in someone that other teams don't have great scouting on, they're liable to have some success initially. As he continues to face these teams, he'll likely have some more issues. And maybe it's a personality thing with Romo vs. Bledsoe. Bledsoe has always been known to be a pretty laid back type of guy. Maybe Romo's excitement is helping to bring the level of play up from where it's been up til now.

Looks like the 'Boys ruined Vanderjagt too. :D

And you surely know that anytime you bring in someone that other teams don't have great scouting on, they're liable to have some success initially. As he continues to face these teams, he'll likely have some more issues. And maybe it's a personality thing with Romo vs. Bledsoe. Bledsoe has always been known to be a pretty laid back type of guy. Maybe Romo's excitement is helping to bring the level of play up from where it's been up til now.

Looks like the 'Boys ruined Vanderjagt too. :D

No, you're wrong. Bledsoe sucks. He's responsible for every negative thing that happens to the Cowboys (including Vanderjagt). He's also responsible for Islamic terrorism and the AIDS crisis in Africa.

I'm proud of Bledsoe, he proves he is a man. Sometimes it's hard to say no to people, and you fall into peer pressure (ie. alcohol, drugs) but Bledsoe did not. He stood up and said no and is a role model to all children in our nation.

I do believe Bledsoe probably could do well behind a line that would allow him to drop back and be a traditional pocket passer. That unfortunatley wasnt the case for him this year..That being said Romo has brought this team to a new level and is no doubt the starting QB from here on out and hopefully years to come..If he got hurt because Bledsoe was too proud to do mop up duty it wouldve been absolutely unacceptable and most likely ruined the season.

Edited by whomper

1. Salary cap does not work as simple as that. Not as big a lockerroom cancer as some make it out to be.

2. He may be needed to save the team's bacon in the play-offs (was needed like this for New England before).

Bledose sucked well before Brady's emergence. I was calling for his head way back in the Michael Bishop days in New England (not because I believed in Michael Bishop either). The last time he looked impressive for New England was against the Miami Dolphins, 1-year after Parcels left the team.

Edited by Crazysight

My most notable memory of Drew Fing Bledsoe in New Enlgand: Philadelphia Eagles on the road - year 2000? New England is still very much alive in the hunt for a playoff seed at this point late in the year. The game is relatively close. The Pats were down by about 10 with approximately 4 minutes left to go in the game.

Drew had been having a rough game on the whole having been continuously hurried and sacked. That said, the Patriots were still well alive but time was ticking on their season. So Bledsoe at this point gets in the huddle, takes his time getting a play, and then starts slowly,VERY slowly, trudging up to the line in a manner which was very clearly and obviously saying "I quit." All members of that damned offense were doing the same thing as Bledsoe with the exception of Troy Brown, who was running up to the line of scrimmage as everyone else should have been and was the only guy who hadn't quit. Troy later remarked on his play during those fnal minutes that he "was just doing his job."

Play after play on that "drive" Bledsoe did the same thing, gradually allowing the time to tick away on their season, which it slowly (and excruciatingly) did for Pats fans. From that point on I wanted that bum out of New England, though it took an injury and the unlikely emergence of Tom Brady to finally do it.

Edited by Crazysight

Bledsoe still has the tools for being a decent QB in the NFL...but the line he has in front of him has to keep guys out for 4-5 seconds as Bledsoe lacks the ability to scramble and even bigger inability to know when to step up (said "step" not "run")...with Romo the "O" line can still suck at pass protection and with Favre-like qualities..Romo can make things happen...unlike Vick though Romo likes to pass in lieu of running...but running is not out of the question....

That changes everything you do on offense when you have a QB like Romo....the day is coming Romo will have a bad day (like the first 2 quarters he played on MNF vs Giants--his first pass was deflected and intercepted)...the big and I mean BIG difference will be that the "D" and RB's are stepping up to help Romo because he breeds excitement and hope....Bledsoe has complained alot about his protection..this breeds division and low morale....

To answer the question about the "O" line...its the same line that blocked for Bledsoe...meet the Oprahers...the line has been "ROMOIZED"!!!! :D

No, you're wrong. Bledsoe sucks. He's responsible for every negative thing that happens to the Cowboys (including Vanderjagt). He's also responsible for Islamic terrorism and the AIDS crisis in Africa.

Well it's about time you figured this out. :D

Yes, both those statements are true...oddly, Romo has had much better success BECAUSE it stinks, not in spite of it. It forces him to roll-out, throw on the run, etc...what appear to be Romo's strengths.

But just suppose that O-Line could protect the pocket, and allow WRs time to get open. Bledsoe would have fared much, much better....I'd venture to say even better than Romo, since Romo would have had to stand in the pocket and read defenses, rather than play on gut instinct.

But there is no question that the O-line is better suited for Romo...it was a no-brainer, really.

lol @ taking part of a quote out of context and turning it into a Bledsoe bash-fest. I'm glad someone finally got around to oh btw he didn't refuse the "order" but declined the OFFER.

FYI here's the actual quote (OK "alleged" - don't think anyone was there w/a tape recorder) FYI:

With the game out of hand, Bledsoe was apparently asked if he wanted to mop up for QB Tony Romo. "There was no point," Bledsoe said. "Tony was playing great. There was no reason to take him out."

Parcells may not have really cared either way. In fact Romo might have enjoyed savoring a big victory (not like he's exactly had many yet) and Bledsoe figured as much, kind of a let the kid enjoy it thing.

Couldn't say for sure but I've never seen/heard Bledsoe be anything other than a class act, so I question if he's suddenly copped a major attitude.

lol @ taking part of a quote out of context and turning it into a Bledsoe bash-fest. I'm glad someone finally got around to oh btw he didn't refuse the "order" but declined the OFFER.

FYI here's the actual quote (OK "alleged" - don't think anyone was there w/a tape recorder) FYI:

With the game out of hand, Bledsoe was apparently asked if he wanted to mop up for QB Tony Romo. "There was no point," Bledsoe said. "Tony was playing great. There was no reason to take him out."

Parcells may not have really cared either way. In fact Romo might have enjoyed savoring a big victory (not like he's exactly had many yet) and Bledsoe figured as much, kind of a let the kid enjoy it thing.

Couldn't say for sure but I've never seen/heard Bledsoe be anything other than a class act, so I question if he's suddenly copped a major attitude.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Bledsoe refused to go into the game and posted this here. When it was brought up in Bill's press conference today Bill said he asked Bledsoe if he was interested and Bledsoe basically said nah. So I clarified.

I doubt if many Cowboy fans hate Bledsoe, we just think Romo gives us a better chance to win right now. The jury is of course still out on Romo being a long term starter, anybody with half a brain realizes that. If Bledsoe has anything left he'll end up with another team next year and good for him.