[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe says NO.

Grits and Shins

lol @ taking part of a quote out of context and turning it into a Bledsoe bash-fest. I'm glad someone finally got around to oh btw he didn't refuse the "order" but declined the OFFER.

FYI here's the actual quote (OK "alleged" - don't think anyone was there w/a tape recorder) FYI:

With the game out of hand, Bledsoe was apparently asked if he wanted to mop up for QB Tony Romo. "There was no point," Bledsoe said. "Tony was playing great. There was no reason to take him out."

Parcells may not have really cared either way. In fact Romo might have enjoyed savoring a big victory (not like he's exactly had many yet) and Bledsoe figured as much, kind of a let the kid enjoy it thing.

Couldn't say for sure but I've never seen/heard Bledsoe be anything other than a class act, so I question if he's suddenly copped a major attitude.

I"m sure this is how it happened. I would guess Parcell's has enough respect for Bledsoe that he wouldn't demand that he go in to 'mop up' for the guy who just took his job.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I"m sure this is how it happened. I would guess Parcell's has enough respect for Bledsoe that he wouldn't demand that he go in to 'mop up' for the guy who just took his job.

I remember watching the game with friends and said, if Parcells asks Bledsoe to go in, I bet he won't do it.

I'm sure he's thinking, here Romo has thrown 5 TDs. If I go in and then look terrible and throw an INT two, it is even more of a rub the salt in the wound, and in front of one of the biggest national viewing NFL audiences, to then be replayed on ESPN over and over again.

And it almost appears Parcells is still treating Bledsoe differently than he might another backup quarterback. With the Cowboys leading by four touchdowns last Thursday against the Bucs, Parcells said he asked Bledsoe if he wanted to relieve Romo in the fourth quarter.

"No, I talked to Drew last week about going in if he wanted to," Parcells said. "I said, 'Look, I'm not embarrassing you, putting you in here. If you don't want to go in there, if you don't want to play . . .' He said, 'No I'm fine, don't worry about it.' He knows. I talk to Drew in that manner because I know that there's a chance that I'll need him again."

from cowboys.com