[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roses for Notre Dame?

Rockerbraves

Part of the reason, was Michigan has been to the Rose Bowl 2 of the past 3 years.

Yah, it would suck if a Big 10 team kept on getting sent to the Rose Bowl. Who ever thought up that stupid idea.

I'd so much rather see Notre Dame and Wake get waxed.

Part of the reason, was Michigan has been to the Rose Bowl 2 of the past 3 years.

What's the connection with the Orange? Would think the Sugar would jump on the opportunity to get the Wolverines. If the Gators win Saturday the Sugar would have #3 vs. #4. If it turns out that way both the BCS & the Sugar would come out smelling sweet.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Where is the source for that? Rose Bowl gets first selection, no way they take Notre Dame over Michigan IMO.

Don't think it will happen either. If it did might not be all that bad. Rose would get their TV magnet Irish vs. a highly ranked BCS opponent without forcing a rematch, while Michigan would potentially get an opportunity to play a higher ranked BCS team in the Sugar. Now that I think about it maybe Michigan fans just want to be as far away from Glendale as possible enjoying a different atmosphere other than Pasadena.

Personally I hope it turns out as predicted Michigan vs. LSU.

I would just be shocked, because the Rose Bowl has such a strong relationship with the Big Ten and Pac 10, and have been quite outspoken in the past about their dislike of the new system and not getting there traditional Big Ten vs Pac 10 match up, particuarly in 02 and 04.

I equate the Rose Bowl to the Masters in golf. Rich in tradition yet for whatever reason they think their $hit don't stink. Again I think it will be Michigan but still wouldn't put it past the Rose Bowl to invite a team that has the same type of tradition.

Don't think it will happen either. If it did might not be all that bad. Rose would get their TV magnet Irish vs. a highly ranked BCS opponent without forcing a rematch, while Michigan would potentially get an opportunity to play a higher ranked BCS team in the Sugar. Now that I think about it maybe Michigan fans just want to be as far away from Glendale as possible enjoying a different atmosphere other than Pasadena.

Personally I hope it turns out as predicted Michigan vs. LSU.

As a yearly observer (in person) of the Rose Parade, regardless of which teams are there, I'm voting for whichever team has the hottest female cheerleaders. Do we have any pics to compare? Show 'em...