[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB's Next Season

SGE_VIKE

Ok so we got Foster versus Williams in Carolina then in Jacksonville we got Freddie "Gold Tooth" Taylor and Drew in the backfield. Any predictions from home town markets or for that matter anyone else on what those two backfields will look like?

Others to think of are New England will the Golden Gopher become consistant enough or get lucky that Dillion is on the decline? J-E-T-S? New York with Barber gone whats the scoop? Atlanta will Vick start playing QB or just be the freak option? Will Turner be traded out of San Diego?

Sorry my Fantasy Season died this week with the rookie Colt running for 4 TD's against Philly. Of course having only 3 TD's up to that in the season makes it even more freakish.

Maroney will definitely be the man in NE next year. Brandon Jacobs will tote the rock for the Giants next year. Both should be pretty high on your draft radar.

Maroney will definitely be the man in NE next year. Brandon Jacobs will tote the rock for the Giants next year. Both should be pretty high on your draft radar.

Maroney is a no brainer, but are you sure the Giants will hand over the starting job to Jacobs? I'm not doubting you, I just don't know much about him. He seems to do pretty well spelling Tiki, but I was wondering if he would do as well as an every down RB. :D

i hope it doesn't happen, but it would serve Pittsburgh well to take a run at Michael Turner. he'd fit what they need there perfectly. of course, it'll cost them a 2nd rounder and they'll need to make an offer SD won't match.

Turner was a 5th round pick, so that's all they would get if they don't match. Which makes him even more attaractive.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a new face in DEN. T Bell obviously isn't dependable after 3 seasons of numerous injuries and his inability to run inside. Shanahan clearly isn't impressed with M Bell. Cobbs & Nash are nice depth but are turds as far as featured RBs.

Maroney is a no brainer, but are you sure the Giants will hand over the starting job to Jacobs? I'm not doubting you, I just don't know much about him. He seems to do pretty well spelling Tiki, but I was wondering if he would do as well as an every down RB. :D

The only knock on Jacobs is that he runs too upright sometimes. This could spell fumbling problems but he's only put the ball ont eh ground a couple of times so far in his career. He's got size, power and 4.5 speed. Not bad for a 6'7" 260+ lbs man. He can catch the ball reasonably well, I would say he's in Tiki's class here though. The important thing is that he'll be as close to an every down back as there will be in the NFL. He won't get pulled around the goal line, but he'll get pulled on the third and long type stuff. The Giants have some pretty serious holes to fill in the receiving corps and on the O-line so I don't see them trying to draft a #1 type back this year.

It sounds like a pretty good fantasy situation to me.

The only knock on Jacobs is that he runs too upright sometimes. This could spell fumbling problems but he's only put the ball ont eh ground a couple of times so far in his career. He's got size, power and 4.5 speed. Not bad for a 6'7" 260+ lbs man. He can catch the ball reasonably well, I would say he's in Tiki's class here though. The important thing is that he'll be as close to an every down back as there will be in the NFL. He won't get pulled around the goal line, but he'll get pulled on the third and long type stuff. The Giants have some pretty serious holes to fill in the receiving corps and on the O-line so I don't see them trying to draft a #1 type back this year.

Agreed. Jacobs can definitely be a featured RB, and can get spelled on passing downs by a scat back. I find it amazing that people think he's too big to be a RB. I would think larger mass attached to nimble feet would be considered an advantage. It also would fit the Giants being a prolific passing team to have a masher to run the ball to keep opposing Ds off balance. Do you keep speed on the field to deal with the WRs/TE or keep size on the field to deal with Jacobs? Tough choices for opposing DCs.

Full disclosure: I've owned Jacobs in a dynasty league since his rookie year.

Turner was a 5th round pick, so that's all they would get if they don't match. Which makes him even more attaractive.

Actually, from what i've read, it would depend on SD's qualifying offer to Turner. the higher the qualifying offer, the higher the compensation. it could be the 5th as you said, a 1st, or as high as a 1st and a 3rd. i guess we'll see how highly they value him.

i hope it doesn't happen, but it would serve Pittsburgh well to take a run at Michael Turner. he'd fit what they need there perfectly. of course, it'll cost them a 2nd rounder and they'll need to make an offer SD won't match.

I'm not sure why Pitt woud be interested in Turner. Are they unhappy with FWP? Aren't Turner and Parker the same sort of back, small & fast? I can see the Browns, Broncos, Giants and Ravens making a run at Turner.

Actually, from what i've read, it would depend on SD's qualifying offer to Turner. the higher the qualifying offer, the higher the compensation. it could be the 5th as you said, a 1st, or as high as a 1st and a 3rd. i guess we'll see how highly they value him.

Ah yes. That's true it does depend on the Chargers' offer. Tough situation for the Chargers this offseason.

I'm not sure why Pitt woud be interested in Turner. Are they unhappy with FWP? Aren't Turner and Parker the same sort of back, small & fast? I can see the Browns, Broncos, Giants and Ravens making a run at Turner.

:D

Small is definitely not how to describe Turner. He's a bulldozer. He'd bring back the power running game to Pittsburgh.....in a big way.

And Addai was already the guy before this weeks game. I would keep an eye on Norwood as well.

+1

Yeah, Addai seems to be a keeper for sure. There was a lot of doubt about him this year around here, but I got him wherever I could in keeper leagues. The Colts have quietly made good moves on RBs in the past (backups Rhodes and Mungro come to mind). Heck they went against the general concensus by ditching Faulk and taking Edge over Ricky way back.

I think everyone likes Norwood to some extent for next year depending on what old man Dunn does.

Interesting that the highly hyped USC boys haven't done very well thus far. I really liked White's situation, but he's blown his chances thus far.

+1

Yeah, Addai seems to be a keeper for sure. There was a lot of doubt about him this year around here, but I got him wherever I could in keeper leagues. The Colts have quietly made good moves on RBs in the past (backups Rhodes and Mungro come to mind). Heck they went against the general concensus by ditching Faulk and taking Edge over Ricky way back.

I think everyone likes Norwood to some extent for next year depending on what old man Dunn does.

Interesting that the highly hyped USC boys haven't done very well thus far. I really liked White's situation, but he's blown his chances thus far.

Agreed so far. It would appear that I was dead wrong about him before the season. I'll be interested to see how durable he is as his career progresses.

My only concern with Addai is can he last the entire season as the starting RB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the scouting reports all say that he always split carries in college. Is he durable enough to last the entire 16 weeks alone?

We can keep a max of 2 players in my local auction. The fee is double the original auction price. We can only keep them for 1 year and our budget for 18 spots is $200. I can keep Maroney AND Jacobs for a combined total of $10!!!!!!

We can keep a max of 2 players in my local auction. The fee is double the original auction price. We can only keep them for 1 year and our budget for 18 spots is $200. I can keep Maroney AND Jacobs for a combined total of $10!!!!!!

That's a steal.

Damn! I didn't realize he was that tall. Actually, he's 6'4'', but that is still tall for a back. He's lucky he didn't end up as a TE.

Don't think there's a team out there that would mind having this guy on their roster. He's not as good as LT but he's very good.