[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey fellow Bears homers - News about John Shoop

Wolverines Fan

From KFFL.com

Raiders | Shoop to replace Walsh as offensive coordinator

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:42:44 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders OC Tom Walsh has been stripped of his duties as the team's offensive coordinator and will be reassigned to a different position on the coaching staff. Walsh will be replaced by AC John Shoop, who was the team's tight ends coach before the promotion and was the offensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears from 2001-2003.

Raiders fans have to give it to you straight. When Shoop was here, he was Mr. Conservative. Three yard running plays and three-yard passing plays were the norm. If it was third down and nine, he would call for a three-yard pass play. When it was it was fourth and nine, he would open it up and call for a four-yard pass play. :D Maybe he has changed, but I doubt it. Then again, I don't think he can be any worse than Walsh.

From KFFL.com

Raiders | Shoop to replace Walsh as offensive coordinator

Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:42:44 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders OC Tom Walsh has been stripped of his duties as the team's offensive coordinator and will be reassigned to a different position on the coaching staff. Walsh will be replaced by AC John Shoop, who was the team's tight ends coach before the promotion and was the offensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears from 2001-2003.

Raiders fans have to give it to you straight. When Shoop was here, he was Mr. Conservative. Three yard running plays and three-yard passing plays were the norm. If it was third down and nine, he would call for a three-yard pass play. When it was it was fourth and nine, he would open it up and call for a four-yard pass play. :D Maybe he has changed, but I doubt it. Then again, I don't think he can be any worse than Walsh.

I better run and pick up Moss for all those 3 yard passes he will get on 3 and 12! :D

Al Davis has officially lost his mind. Shoop is one of the worst OCs I've ever seen in the NFL, if not THE worst.

Without a doubt. He was / is a cross between Mr Magoo and Donald Duck with all the offensive insight of a block of concrete. It astounds me that he can get a job coaching pee-wee, let alone still be hanging out in the NFL.

I know, but my question about Quinn refusing to play for the Raiders was serious. If they have the chance to sign him, I don't think that he agrees to a deal with them.

Think about it: He is going from Charlie Weis calling plays to John Shoop....

:D

Even though I don't really like Brady Quinn and the Irish, I still think he could be somewhat successful in the league, given the right coaches. I was totally wrong about Vince Young because I forgot he has Norm Chow teaching him. Norm Chow is an unreal coach.

I know, but my question about Quinn refusing to play for the Raiders was serious. If they have the chance to sign him, I don't think that he agrees to a deal with them.

:D If he has any insight into the perception it gave people of Wittle Ewi Manning, he will play where he's drafted...

You don't think Elway would have been a marked improvement over the Jim Harbaugh era in Indy?

Sure, but who would have thrown to? Sean Dawkins? Flipper Anderson? Marvin didn't mature into a solid wideout until Elway's knees were almost completely shot. The '95 Colts played well defensively (statistically, at least) and managed to squak into the playoffs via a Wild Card, but I don't think that they had nearly enough talent to beat the Cowboys that year. Given that the Colts had a whole 5 winning seasons during Elway's playing days, they were clearly lacking all around (especially on defense). As all Colts fans painfully know, a great QB doesn't equal a ring.

Sure, but who would have thrown to? Sean Dawkins? Flipper Anderson? Marvin didn't mature into a solid wideout until Elway's knees were almost completely shot. The '95 Colts played well defensively (statistically, at least) and managed to squak into the playoffs via a Wild Card, but I don't think that they had nearly enough talent to beat the Cowboys that year. Given that the Colts had a whole 5 winning seasons during Elway's playing days, they were clearly lacking all around (especially on defense). As all Colts fans painfully know, a great QB doesn't equal a ring.

:D Maybe Quinn will realize that his NFL career will outlast Al Davis. Then again...maybe it won't :D