[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Changes in Atlanta?

Randall

Atlanta was all but eliminated from the NFC West race by a

31-13 loss to the Saints

Wow, you have to be bad to be eliminated from the NFC West race.... I mean like Arizona bad. Or at the very least, in another division.

Edited by NoSupe4You

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Jaws says he wonders which Vick will show up because he certainly has no clue which Vick will come to the game and that he thought Vick was FINALLY getting it but now appears to have regressed AGAIN.

Mora calls him a coach killer

Yet you say the entire professional sports reporting community is using rose colored glasses

:clap:

The Jaws thing is from a couple of weeks ago isn't it. Because he's certainly NOT saying that now.

I noticed you've got no link or quote on Jaws saying Vick "now appears to have regressed AGAIN" ...because he never said that.

As I showed you when you first brought that up over a week ago, Mora Sr issued a public apology & retraction of that statement from his interview...which was edited & twisted by ESPN to sensationalize it.

The reporting by the national media (both print & video) on the Falcons troubles, is easily available, so I if you want to see what is being said, do a search.

However, closer to home, here are some unbiased observations on Vick from various Huddlers;

These problems go deeper than blaming Vick.

You can't place the blame solely at his feet....

Yah, i should've mentioned the injuries. they've been hugh this year. Plus signing Abraham who is never healthy and giving him a hugh contract pretty much site unseen (or is it sight unseen?) when they could've got some one is a big :bash:

the WRs are dropping balls like crazy. It really pissed Crumpler off today. he threw a hissy fit on yet another dropped ball by another atl player.

i tell you one thing...their problem today is NOT michael vick. deangelo hall gets burned for one long TD, then goes for a pick on the hail mary and whiffs (just KNOCK IT DOWN!).

and i don't know how many drops by their WRs today. it is plain ugly.

Vick draws all the criticism b/c he has a huge contract but in almost all aspects... the team is either broken or crumbling all around him.

he shouldn't escape all criticism but he can't be expected to catch the ball for the WRs or play adequate D.

I guess all these Huddlers are either wearing Rose Colored glasses, or just don't know what they're talking about, eh Blitz? :D

A few more Huddler Board members & this time their observations specifically on you & your obvious Vick bias.

boy oh boy, your insight on Vick is so interesting and well researched. I love how you continuously talk, yet say nothing. It's a great skill.

grits, you're a broken record with this vick stuff, and i agree he's not a very good qb, but if you're watching today's game, you'd see that he's thrown some VERY nice, catchable balls that his ARRRRSE WR's simply dropped, many times when wide open. boink. boink. boink. off the chest, hands, head. unbelieveable how these a-holes white, lelie and jenkins still have jobs. cut em for practice squad guys, i say. time to admit you botched first round draft picks.

Such is life for a QB in the NFL. You get all the praise for wins and get beaten to a pulp from guys like Grits when you lose. The bottom line is Vick is a mediocre passer with few receiving weapons. I mean think about it, how easy is it to shut down the Falcons passing game? Shut down Crumpler and it's checkmate. Jenkins and White are dropping passes like the ball is covered with vaseline. But if you really want to dig deeper into what I think the Falcons main reason for losing is their defense. After their bye, the defense is allowing 28 points per game over the last seven games. Giving up those kind of points on D is a recipe for disaster regardless of how good/bad Vick has been playing.

grits....be honest now...did vick give you the herpes or something? there's gotta be something to explain this obsession..

I guess all these Huddlers calling you out on your obvious Vick hate is just some crazy coincidence right Blitz?

Dude, you couldn't make an unbiased or an honestly impartial assesment of Vick, if you tried. :D

question about the drops and fwiw I just thought of this as I was reading this thread...

because vick runs so much and crumpler has been his favorite recvr by a far margin(i dont have to ck the stats for that do i?)....anyway that the amount of running(& crumpler targets) effects the concentration level of the WRs? Seems like that could be a possible problem with the drops...so if Schaub were the QB and the WRs are aware he wont be running and most likely not keying in on crumpler as much that could help to improve the WRs production because they will be better able to concentrate on catching the ball instead of worrying about blocking cause the QB pulled it down again and took off

Couple that with vicks lack of accuracy and you could end up with some pretty disinterested (not exactly the word i was looking for but it will do) WRs

:D I dont know if that theory holds any water but its just a thought :D

While I would expect any Pro WR to catch a ball that hits them squarely in their hands, there could well be some validity here.

On the flip side though, many teams WR#3's don't seem to muff their opportunities like the Atl. WR's do, yet are in the similar position even of being targeted infrequently.

While I would expect any Pro WR to catch a ball that hits them squarely in their hands, there could well be some validity here.

On the flip side though, many teams WR#3's don't seem to muff their opportunities like the Atl. WR's do, yet are in the similar position even of being targeted infrequently.

I think we can at least state that Vick doesn't make his WRs BETTER. :D

The Jaws thing is from a couple of weeks ago isn't it. Because he's certainly NOT saying that now.

I noticed you've got no link or quote on Jaws saying Vick "now appears to have regressed AGAIN" ...because he never said that.

As I showed you when you first brought that up over a week ago, Mora Sr issued a public apology & retraction of that statement from his interview...which was edited & twisted by ESPN to sensationalize it.

The reporting by the national media (both print & video) on the Falcons troubles, is easily available, so I if you want to see what is being said, do a search.

However, closer to home, here are some unbiased observations on Vick from various Huddlers;

I guess all these Huddlers are either wearing Rose Colored glasses, or just don't know what they're talking about, eh Blitz? :D

Jaws said it on one of the pre-game shows so no I don't have a link. Deal with it.

Mora apologized but did not retract.

None of those "unbiased" observations by various Huddlers claim that Vick is a good QB. They all speak to the fact that he has sub-par WRs. Of course those WRs could very well be sub-par because of who their QB is. There seems to be TWO Huddlers claiming that Vick is more than a mediocre to poor QB at best ... YOU and Waterman.

A few more Huddler Board members & this time their observations specifically on you & your obvious Vick bias.

QUOTE(LooGie @ 11/27/06 3:01am)

boy oh boy, your insight on Vick is so interesting and well researched. I love how you continuously talk, yet say nothing. It's a great skill.

QUOTE(msaint @ 11/26/06 8:41pm)

grits, you're a broken record with this vick stuff, and i agree he's not a very good qb, but if you're watching today's game, you'd see that he's thrown some VERY nice, catchable balls that his ARRRRSE WR's simply dropped, many times when wide open. boink. boink. boink. off the chest, hands, head. unbelieveable how these a-holes white, lelie and jenkins still have jobs. cut em for practice squad guys, i say. time to admit you botched first round draft picks.

QUOTE(FishFreak @ 11/26/06 11:23pm)

Such is life for a QB in the NFL. You get all the praise for wins and get beaten to a pulp from guys like Grits when you lose. The bottom line is Vick is a mediocre passer with few receiving weapons. I mean think about it, how easy is it to shut down the Falcons passing game? Shut down Crumpler and it's checkmate. Jenkins and White are dropping passes like the ball is covered with vaseline. But if you really want to dig deeper into what I think the Falcons main reason for losing is their defense. After their bye, the defense is allowing 28 points per game over the last seven games. Giving up those kind of points on D is a recipe for disaster regardless of how good/bad Vick has been playing.

QUOTE(Azazello1313 @ 11/27/06 4:46am)

grits....be honest now...did vick give you the herpes or something? there's gotta be something to explain this obsession..

I guess all these Huddlers calling you out on your obvious Vick hate is just some crazy coincidence right Blitz?

Dude, you couldn't make an unbiased or an honestly impartial assesment of Vick, if you tried.

This is your support from other Huddlers ... really? :D

Two of them appear to simply have a problem with me while the other two both agree that Vick is mediocre at best.

I've laid out the facts, I've watched the games with my own eyes ... you continue to place the blame for Vick's inabilities as a QB on EVERYBODY's FEET including:

1) Bad coaching, play calling ... despite an offense specifically designed for him

2) Bad WRs

3) Bad defense

4) Hard schedule

It is clear to me and anybody that will simply open their eyes and look that ...

1) Vick can't read defenses

2) Vick can't pass the ball

3) Vick can run the ball

You expect any pro-bowl WR to catch a ball that hits him on the hands .. you mean like Terrell Owens? Drops are a part of the game. No QB has at 100% completion percentage and no WR catches every ball that comes his way.

Atlanta WRs aren't good because they really are not part of the game plan. WRs go to Atlanta to block for Vick.

Jaws said it on one of the pre-game shows so no I don't have a link. Deal with it.

I catch all the pre game shows & Jaws NEVER said that Vick "is regressing AGAIN".

Nothing for me to deal with except your Alzhiemer riddled fuzzy recollection. :D

Mora apologized but did not retract.

KFFL's quote of Mort saying Mora Sr had apologized, was only a single quick summaryt paragraph of Mora Sr's actual apology & retraction on the NFL Network analysis show, of which Mora Sr is a part of & where ESPN got the "Coach Killer" thing to begin with.

None of those "unbiased" observations by various Huddlers claim that Vick is a good QB. They all speak to the fact that he has sub-par WRs.

No, none of them say Vick is a good QB. However, they ALL say the Falcons struggles cannot solely be placed on Vick's QB play as you insist on doing. Aside from Atlanta's stone handed WR's, the posters quoted, also pointed to the D as a major culprit.

Of course those WRs could very well be sub-par because of who their QB is.

The Vick bias in you, rears it's ugle head yet again. But what else is new :D

There seems to be TWO Huddlers claiming that Vick is more than a mediocre to poor QB at best ... YOU and Waterman.

Either your Alzhiemers is kicking in yet AGAIN, or you're just flat out lying through your teeth. I have said over & over & over, in thread after thread after thread, that Vick is nowhere near as bad of a QB as you want to make him out to be.

What I have said, is that he is an average QB & in fact other posters not afflicted with Alzhiemers, have even quoted me saying as much.

Here is BigScore acknowledging that Vick is an average traditional QB ... which I would imagine means that he is an average passer not a good passer

:bash:

I saw the exact same thing. It doesn't matter - if you didn't burn it onto a CD & mail a copy to everyone here at the Huddle the Vick lovers will never accept that you saw it.

You expect any pro-bowl WR to catch a ball that hits him on the hands .. you mean like Terrell Owens? Drops are a part of the game. No QB has at 100% completion percentage and no WR catches every ball that comes his way.

Atlanta WRs aren't good because they really are not part of the game plan. WRs go to Atlanta to block for Vick.

Sure TO drops a few, but nothing like Atlanta's ENTIRE recieving corp.

Your Vick bias, AS POINTED OUT TO YOU BY MULTIPLE POSTERS HERE AT THE HUDDLE , is showing again Blitz :D

Two of them appear to simply have a problem with me while the other two both agree that Vick is mediocre at best.

Actually the common denominator is your complete & utter incapability, of forming an unbiased impartial assessment of Vick.

But in the Alzheimer riddled world you live in, that little detail escaped you :D

People who claim Vick is an "average" passer would not claim the same for other QBs with the same passing stats and no running. Funny how that works.

So now even more Huddlers are being added to your list of people who can't make accurate judgements of Vick.

This is a quote from alexgaddis

He physical talent makes him a decent quarterback...his quartback skills (or lack thereof) make him an average quarterback...

:D

Guess he's wearing Rose Colored glasses too, eh Blitz?

How many Huddlers is that now, who don't know what they're talking about...at least according to you anyway :D